• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nolan blast Leino

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo did not use any compliance buyouts, so that is an option.

Boss, the best site to check anything buyout related is the buyout calculator on CapGeek:
NHL Buyout Calculator

Enter the player's name and the buyout date (it defaults to the next off-season) and you get your cash amount and cap hits. It only does "normal course" buyouts though, not compliance buyouts.

Thanks sabresfan, I have asked for this before and got it but forget about it. (sucks getting old) I'm going to bookmark it this time. It's a good site, thanks again.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I understand it. He could go on IR the last game of the season and Buffalo has to keep him.

Now, what are the waiver rules? If they waive him and he gets picked up, do the Sabres have to pay?

I know if he goes to the Minors he's still on the cap because he has a one way contract.

I think the team that picks up a player is on the hook for 100% now.

If I remember reading correctly, I think they did away with the element of re-entry waivers where they got the guy essentially for half price because the waiving team had to pay 50% still.

Cap wise, they can afford to pay him, even if it is in the minors. Pegula's got VERY deep pockets, but I don't think he wants to just throw the money away anymore.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes on the active roster playing hurt even buffalo knows hes playing hurt they can still buy him out as he is active no?

I'm not entirely sure. Is there really such a thing as the active roster during the off-season?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure. Is there really such a thing as the active roster during the off-season?

if he plays the last game and then claims after to be hurt I wonder how that goes. could be a fight I suppose

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's smart he'll have somone break his foot a day or two before the end of the season...

Easier than that. "My ears are ringing, and I feel like I'm going to throw up."

Then answer "the shores of Honna-Lee" when the trainer asks where you were born. BAM - two month vacation.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he plays the last game and then claims after to be hurt I wonder how that goes. could be a fight I suppose

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

He could throw out his back digging in to a stack of pancakes or slice his hand open making lunch, which would make him IR-eligible if it was during the season, so I'm not sure how they treat that in the off-season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure either.

He could throw out his back digging in to a stack of pancakes or slice his hand open making lunch, which would make him IR-eligible if it was during the season, so I'm not sure how they treat that in the off-season.

Aka Dustin Penner aka Craig Anderson

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like some of the comments posters made on the News site, it's too bad the ass hole GM we had before didn't realize this. Now we're stuck with his stupid contract.

How does it work when you buy a player out? Does the team take the full hit or is it adjusted as far as the cap goes? That area of the CBA I'm not familiar with.

i wonder if the owner had more to do with that. he had just bought the team correct? maybe he wanted to make a big splash

Well to be fair, the Flyers did steal him in that trade - that was one of the more one sided deals when you consider his production with the Flyers - to be fair at the same time, the talent level isn't as great in Buffalo as it was with the Flyers, so maybe that's part of it - and it doesn't help when they've been using him on the 4th line - might as well use him on one of the top lines and get something out of him - it might re-energize him

i agree. i think him getting dumped by detroit motivated him. but when he got the big money, he reverted back to his lazy self

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him a golden helmet and he'll start producing again