• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still believing that success is solely based on luck

No one said that. Success in the draft is largely based on luck. Every team regresses to the mean. Every. Single. Team.

Which is why when I ask you for examples of teams that consistently draft well, you never offer any examples.

When teams losing a Hall of Fame caliber QB they almost always suffer afterwards. The Packers are the notable except as they happened to draft another HoF caliber QB with Rodgers. When he leaves, they will discover what it is like to be just another average team.

You seem to think that you can get rid of your coach, your GM, and your HoF caliber QB and be back at championship level performance in a few years. That is wishful thinking of the highest order.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't been at championship level in going on 8 years. This team has been mediocre at best since 2014.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't been at championship level in going on 8 years. This team has been mediocre at best since 2014.

Yeah are the only one who says that.

Most people realize that teams like the Giants and Jets and Bears have been mediocre. Teams that win double digit games every year are not mediocre by any rational basis.

And teams that win 10-12 games every year are a LOT closer to winning Super Bowls than a 4 win team. I didn't think I would need to say that but I guess not everyone realizes that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win 12 games.
lose in the first round.
im sure cowboys fans are thrilled with that result.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win 12 games.
lose in the first round.
im sure cowboys fans are thrilled with that result.

Of course they aren't thrilled with that. I'm sure they are extremely frustrated with that. But that doesn't mean they want to get rid of Prescott and start over.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know how I feel about the decision.

On the one hand, Carroll's coaching philosophy has not helped the Seahawks whatsoever. On the other hand, I don't really know if there were any options that would've been a substantial improvement.

For those of you who hate the decision and want some optimism; I do think that if Russ didn't get hurt and wasn't playing through injuries, think we would've beat the Steelers, Saints, Redskins, and been more competitive against the Cards and Packers. Had we beat the Steelers, Saints and Redskins we would've finished 10-7. It remains to be seen what we would've done in the playoffs, but considering we played in a division with 3 playoff teams, that's not too bad.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to root for the team to suck, they already do.

This is an over dramatic response. We went from hasselbeck to wilson, we will find another QB just like plenty of teams do because we ARE NOT the jets or the browns.
We went from David Krieg to Who? how many QB's did the Hawks have before landing Hasselbeck? We got LUCKY to land Wilson a undersized QB that plays bigger than he is and better than everyone but Gruden thought he could play. After Hasselbeck we Had T-Jack not Wilson Then they grabbed Matt Flynn but Wilson beat him out. Over Dramatic yeah a little but the truth is you DO NOT TRADE FRANCHISE QB'S WHO ARE STILL WELL IN THEIR PRIME!

Go watch the Cards game again and watch Wilsons movement in the pocket, it was a thing of Beauty! Go watch the first part of the Season before Wilson got hurt he looked like the Best QB in the NFL. He gets hurt with a Ruptured not torn a RUPTURED tendon in his finger and 2 broken bones and some people get mad that it took him another 4 weeks to recover after returning. I said it when it happened and was 100% right, Wilson will force the issue and come back to soon and hurt the team. That's what happened. But it was not because he is "over the hill" or "Past his prime"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and that's been on the defense for the most part but the offense has blame also. When you have archaic play design things will fall apart. The last time the Hawks had a good OC you all wanted him gone so for those that rooted for Bevell's release this is what you wanted. YAY good job! Grass is not always greener and Moving on from Wilson would mean we wont see green grass for another 10 years minimum unless we get one of the up coming studs that are playing right now Like Allen, Mahomes even Herbert lmao that would NEVER happen. Or hey maybe we can go OLDER and take Rogers ... or Brady is that what you guys want?

If anyone here wants to move on from Wilson you are a idiot, Pete I can Understand, 1st rounds for the next 10+ years I can understand but no not going to happen so why even talk about it? You Keep Wilson. You Hate on Wilson then you Hate the Seahawks playing winning football. It really is that simple. This year was a wash and Injury derailed it, open your blind ass eyes. We have ALWAYS been saying if Wilson goes down our season is over. Why the change and Now it's WILSONS fault so kick him to the curb What the actual fook lmao.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you know what the word "mediocre" means. Try again.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing in the WC round is not championship level.

just making the playoffs is mediocre, which is where we have been since 2014.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a 7-9 team winning in the WC round once before against the Superbowl champs the season before. You get into the dance and anything can happen but you have to be in it to win it. I remember some middle of the pack Giants teams winning the super bowl. Got to be in it to win it. If you get in it then you are now playing championship level football. Depth will pull you through a long season and this team doesn't have depth. It's one of the main things holding the Seahawks back, They lose someone to injury and now a borderline roster player or a practice squad level player on most other teams is a starter.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mediocre means below average. That is an 8-9 or worse season. This year was mediocre. All of the other years can safely be defined as above average to good as per the actual definitions of the words.

69-43-1, which is a .616 winning percentage, is, again by definition, NOT mediocre.

I understand what you are trying to say but your constant negative hyperbole is often ridiculous.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a 7-9 team winning in the WC round once before against the Superbowl champs the season before. You get into the dance and anything can happen but you have to be in it to win it. I remember some middle of the pack Giants teams winning the super bowl. Got to be in it to win it. If you get in it then you are now playing championship level football. Depth will pull you through a long season and this team doesn't have depth. It's one of the main things holding the Seahawks back, They lose someone to injury and now a borderline roster player or a practice squad level player on most other teams is a starter.
quite a few teams that played this weekend WERE NOT playing championship football, especially with 14 teams making the playoffs. they were straight up bad and honestly had no business being there.
Mediocre means below average. That is an 8-9 or worse season. This year was mediocre. All of the other years can safely be defined as above average to good as per the actual definitions of the words.

69-43-1, which is a .616 winning percentage, is, again by definition, NOT mediocre.

I understand what you are trying to say but your constant negative hyperbole is often ridiculous.
for a team with a "HoF" QB and a HoF coach, losing in the first round is below average. we should have been to more championship games.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a team with a "HoF" QB and a HoF coach, losing in the first round is below average. we should have been to more championship gagames.

.............so you are not saying they are a mediocre team but that they are mediocre in terms of the league's best???

That seems to be a somewhat spoiled perspective.

Go look at '89 all the way through 2002 if you want to see actual mediocrity instead of your perceived "elite mediocrity" of recent years.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Seahawks are going to trade Russ unless they have absolutely no choice. It's a suicidal action that no team would ever do willingly.
I agree, which is why a HOF level QB has never been traded in the prime of his career. Maybe it'll happen one day, but the next will be the first.

Mike Salk said it pretty well yesterday (paraphrase): if you make a list of the things the Seahawks need to do to get back to being contenders in the NFC, trading Russell Wilson is probably not on it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a team with a "HoF" QB and a HoF coach, losing in the first round is below average. we should have been to more championship games.

And the best way to get to more championship games is to *checks your notes (written in crayon)* fire said coach and trade said QB.

steve-harvey-family-feud.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets talk about Wilson and point out his faults just to see if we are all on the same page.

1. He doesn't like to throw in the middle of the field in that 0-10 yard range.

Is that him or is it just by design because Pete is very risk adverse and those or some of the highest risk passes you can throw, some here believe it's because he is to short to feel comfortable with those passes because he can't see. I think it's more because he had a issue stepping up into the pocket which is #2.

2. He doesn't like to step up into the pocket when he should and has room often to step up.

To be fair his olines have been bad for his whole career. Stepping up into the pocket would have got him killed... BUT for the first 4 weeks of this season he did step up into the pocket often. He came back from injury and it seemed like he did not want to step up into the pocket again. Against the Cards he had some BEAUTIFUL footwork stepping up into the pocket, one of his best games I have seen with his movement inside the pocket.

3. He has lost a step and can't escape using his reverse rollout.

True but he doesn't have to if he will trust his much improved line and his footwork. This is New for Wilson but I have ZERO doubt he will master it just like everything else. People plan for his rollout now and rush deeper on the outside, Just by stepping up and escaping through the middle he will suck those ends down inside as they try and "shorten" their distance to the QB.

4. He for some reason always goes for low percentage pass plays on 3rd downs.

This drove me crazy all year, it can't all be on Wilson just doing his own thing it has to be poor play design AND Wilson not trusting the play. This has been a issue for more than just this year. For some reason it's like they treat 3rd down as the "BIG PLAY" down when that's not what 3rd down should be. Get the 1st to continue putting pressure on the opponent don't chuck and pray or you will have the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the league which they did for some time.

5. He is in a way overly driven to play when hurt.

I was afraid of Wilson pushing to soon to get back onto the field and prolonging his recovery time when he got hurt. This is exactly what we saw happen. He actually put himself before the team with out even noticing it because he was so driven to play for his team mates. He wanted to be out there and do all he could to win for them and with them. Hard to fault someone like this but he has to understand when he is hurting his team. Some times it's best that you sit it out because you are not super human, you are just like every other human out there and your healing time is about the same also. ( SA "I prayed and god healed my foot" )

Am I missing any of his "weak" points?

When I look at this list I see a lot of things that have a "cause" that are then creating an "effect". You Remove the cause and the effect will vanish also.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets talk about Wilson and point out his faults just to see if we are all on the same page.

1. He doesn't like to throw in the middle of the field in that 0-10 yard range.

Is that him or is it just by design because Pete is very risk adverse and those or some of the highest risk passes you can throw, some here believe it's because he is to short to feel comfortable with those passes because he can't see. I think it's more because he had a issue stepping up into the pocket which is #2.

On this one, I started that thread about the play calling against the Packers because I suspected that we just had limited options in our route schemes going over the middle. I just didn't have the time to actually finish that game, let alone the remaining 16. I still suspect that Seattle doesn't run many routes designed to receive the ball over the middle under 10 yards.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this one, I started that thread about the play calling against the Packers because I suspected that we just had limited options in our route schemes going over the middle. I just didn't have the time to actually finish that game, let alone the remaining 16. I still suspect that Seattle doesn't run many routes designed to receive the ball over the middle under 10 yards.
I have seen that as well but I feel they don't run those as often due to his size... But, he also won't take those underneath throws (Crossing patterns. back out of the backfield either because he's too busy looking downfield...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty obvious he cant see over his line. When he does complete throws in the middle of the field its with a wide open passing lane. Same reason we have no screen game.