• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks here ain't gonna like this, but it looks like no major rebuilds this offseason.

I hope that they get rid of Ken Norton at the very least.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks here ain't gonna like this, but it looks like no major rebuilds this offseason.

OK...

I'll ask you the same question I asked flyer...

How can we improve this team without trading Russ?

A full scale rebuild is needed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No rebuild? Well it should be interesting to see what they do to improve the roster. Looks like a tough problem.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that is true then I guess I won't have to worry about caring whether this team will be good next year or not.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rebuild? Well it should be interesting to see what they do to improve the roster. Looks like a tough problem.

Won't matter if they improve the roster. We will still have a washed coach who will keep doing the things he knows regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter if they improve the roster. We will still have a washed coach who will keep doing the things he knows regardless of all evidence to the contrary.
Washed coach? He's made the playoffs 9 out of 11 seasons I think. That's a washed coach? The roster is the problem, it has holes, lots of them. Unfortunately IDK how they patch together another playoff type roster without doing something drastic and he's implying nothing drastic is going to happen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washed coach? He's made the playoffs 9 out of 11 seasons I think. That's a washed coach? The roster is the problem, it has holes, lots of them. Unfortunately IDK how they patch together another playoff type roster without doing something drastic and he's implying nothing drastic is going to happen.

I don't think this roster is notably worse than most other rosters. Granted our best defensive player is probably cooked or close to it so that hurts. But I think that the Hawks results over the past few seasons were both a little fortunate(I think we had the best record in single score games in the league over the past 2 seasons) and having Russell Wilson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this roster is notably worse than most other rosters. Granted our best defensive player is probably cooked or close to it so that hurts. But I think that the Hawks results over the past few seasons were both a little fortunate(I think we had the best record in single score games in the league over the past 2 seasons) and having Russell Wilson.
Well most other rosters aren’t going to the playoffs either, so you might be right. Just looking at Seahawks free agents and likely a ton of changes will be made, but they’ll have to be affordable type signings for the most part. It is discouraging.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most other rosters aren’t going to the playoffs either, so you might be right. Just looking at Seahawks free agents and likely a ton of changes will be made, but they’ll have to be affordable type signings for the most part. It is discouraging.
Actually, if we are going the slow-rebuild via lower priced vets on short term deals, it might be good to have PC back this year. Most of the fanbase won't have high expectations and the franchise can move on without any major qualms if things go as they did this year. Plus, there is only a short list of Seattle profootball coaches who deserved the benefit of the doubt when there were stumbles: Mike Holmgren, Chuck Knox, and PC. Regardless of opinions, it looks like another year of the same philosophies that have been driving us crazy for awhile now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade more picks away? Future draft picks? We'll have to dump a lot of salary if we're thinking of building through FA.... They have a lot of work to do... I just hope they don't deplete the cupboard any further by giving away draft picks...

If anything, at least they put the blow this thing up rumor to a halt... Now that won't be a distraction any longer as we move forward...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both coordinators need to be replaced. I honestly think schemes on offense and defense have been the biggest hurdle outside losing Russell for 3 games. Guys have been out of position and obviously wrong plays/coverages have been called all season long. Guys didn't just forget how to be football players; They're not being put in the correct positions to succeed often enough.

Sure, there are some holes that need talent filled in, but I think we have the talent to be much better than what we've seen this season if the coaching was up to snuff.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not last year and this year. We have been bad in 1 score games. I said this last year and the year before. We can't keep wishing to "hold on" or "catching up " late in games as our luck will change and it has. We need to start stepping on other teams throats or it will become a habit to just "hold on" and now we are not good enough to do that. This team gets a small lead and goes into "protect" mode. You do not win games like that.

in 2019 we played in 11 1 score games and won 9, thats not bad but in 2020 they were 4-3 after the bye also not bad but the trend was starting and 2021 we are 2-5 making them 6-8 in one score games over the past year and a half or below average.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the owner allows this to continue unabated and the team keeps getting worse and more stupid decisions are made, it may be time for her to sell.

This is make or break for her. If she fails it would be sad, I am hoping one of her kids would be groomed to take over and run the team to keep it in the family.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not last year and this year. We have been bad in 1 score games. I said this last year and the year before. We can't keep wishing to "hold on" or "catching up " late in games as our luck will change and it has. We need to start stepping on other teams throats or it will become a habit to just "hold on" and now we are not good enough to do that. This team gets a small lead and goes into "protect" mode. You do not win games like that.

2019-2020 were the best seasons Carroll has had in one score games, combining for a 19-6 record. Outside that, Seattle has been fairly mediocre in that category (39-44-1), and only 2013 came close at 7-3. So far this season has been the worst in this regard in Carroll's tenure.

What's more concerning is that we're 4-5 in games decided by 9 or more points. That's the most losses in a season since 2010 (5-10 that year). From 2011-2020 Seattle was 60-19 in those games. Pete's philosophy of scoring just enough points to win has resulted in significantly more losses than if they'd have just put teams away (I know, shocker!)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in 2019 we played in 11 1 score games and won 9, thats not bad but in 2020 they were 4-3 after the bye also not bad but the trend was starting and 2021 we are 2-5 making them 6-8 in one score games over the past year and a half or below average.

This is why I hate that stupid "Can you win the game in the 1st/2nd/3rd quarter?! No!" mindset. Yes, you absolutely can win the game in the 3rd quarter, by putting the game out of reach. That strategy worked when we had an all time great defense, holding teams well below 20 points and taking the ball away almost on command. Without that advantage, we can't afford to wait for 1, maybe 2 chances to win. We need to take advantage of multiple opportunities and we just don't.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-2020 were the best seasons Carroll has had in one score games, combining for a 19-6 record. Outside that, Seattle has been fairly mediocre in that category (39-44-1), and only 2013 came close at 7-3. So far this season has been the worst in this regard in Carroll's tenure.

What's more concerning is that we're 4-5 in games decided by 9 or more points. That's the most losses in a season since 2010 (5-10 that year). From 2011-2020 Seattle was 60-19 in those games. Pete's philosophy of scoring just enough points to win has resulted in significantly more losses than if they'd have just put teams away (I know, shocker!)

Correction, 3-5 this year in two possession or more games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I hate that stupid "Can you win the game in the 1st/2nd/3rd quarter?! No!" mindset. Yes, you absolutely can win the game in the 3rd quarter, by putting the game out of reach. That strategy worked when we had an all time great defense, holding teams well below 20 points and taking the ball away almost on command. Without that advantage, we can't afford to wait for 1, maybe 2 chances to win. We need to take advantage of multiple opportunities and we just don't.

I agree with you as you most certainly can put a game away in the 3rd Quarter and in the 1st half. If you just keep going and don't start playing prevent on Defense and don't start playing the risk adverse offense. This is what I have stated many times over the years and I am sure some of you remember it. You start to form a habit and the team falls into this mode with out ANY coaching to do so. It just happens like chewing on your finger nails ( if you have that habit ). This is why I wouldn't be against a new coach but to be honest I think this is fixable if the Hawks just bring in some talented coaches to put around Pete.

The last two years the Defense has started out rough but Norton has proven he can coach these guys up and get them playing at a high level. Pete has not shown he can do this the last couple of years. I love the Norton haters because sadly the defense is the best part of this BAD team right now. But when you look at the coaches beside Pete and Norton you really have to say WTF! get some TALENT in here, get some energy in here with some new young coaches with something to prove. Replace Canales, Curtis, Dickerson, Waldron, Nate Carroll ( WR coach really?!?!) and his assistant Joseph, Austin Davis ( QB Coach) Aaron Curry ( assistant LB coach WTF ) Hurtt, The hawks have a bunch of nobodies on this team as far as coaches go and they DO have an affect on the game like it or not. Get some talent in here to coach up these guys not a bunch of nobodies and never have beens!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring KJ in as the Linebackers Coach and groom him to be a DC in 2025 or sooner :) Yes please.

Retire all ready KJ, the Hawks need your brain on the sideline! lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were 9-2 and 8-3 in 1 score games in the past 2 years. In 2021 we have done poorly in 1 score games. Not sure why you only counted games after the bye last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I was specifically talking about 2019-2020. Generally speaking teams are going to be close to .500 in 1 score games over a long period of time. So when you have a .760 winning percentage in one score games over 2 years, you are inevitably going to regress to mean. Now having a top flight QB will help to offset that and if Russ stayed healthy this year then I think we would likely be closed to 9-6 right now.

I'm surprised we lost 19 games in that time period. IIRC, we went something like 3 years where we only lost 1 game by more than 8 points at all.