• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 9-2 and 8-3 in 1 score games in the past 2 years. In 2021 we have done poorly in 1 score games. Not sure why you only counted games after the bye last year.

Because that's when the offense went to crap and it's been there ever since for the most part THATS WHY! there was no cherry picking if that's what you were thinking, it was stating a fact that the past year and a half ( which I said not 2 years ) we have been utter garbage in close games. 6 wins 8 loses down from 13-2 in those same type games before then.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's when the offense went to crap and it's been there ever since for the most part THATS WHY! there was no cherry picking if that's what you were thinking, it was stating a fact that the past year and a half ( which I said not 2 years ) we have been utter garbage in close games. 6 wins 8 loses down from 13-2 in those same type games before then.

Well I think it was clear that I was referring to the previous seasons and not this season with regards to close game results. We have been pretty terrible this year in close games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it was clear that I was referring to the previous seasons and not this season with regards to close game results. We have been pretty terrible this year in close games.
and for Half of last year. We saw it all fall a part last year in close games and it was like a punch to the face because it was so sudden and so profoundly visible. The team was broken last season and all for but a handful of games they have been completely broken this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Pete is saying all the right things but I'm still not convinced Jody is happy with the coaching staff. I still think she's going to make moves from HC on down.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Pete is saying all the right things but I'm still not convinced Jody is happy with the coaching staff. I still think she's going to make moves from HC on down.

I don't think Jody Allen even cares, they did a report when Paul Allen passed and she has no ideas at all about football. She is so far out of her element i think there is no doubt she has people she hired to take care of all things Seahawks. She just doesn't care and it's not her fault. This was her brothers thing not hers.

If Paul Allen was here changes would be made, thing is Paul is not here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jody Allen even cares, they did a report when Paul Allen passed and she has no ideas at all about football. She is so far out of her element i think there is no doubt she has people she hired to take care of all things Seahawks. She just doesn't care and it's not her fault. This was her brothers thing not hers.

That was my assumption but recent news reports make me think otherwise.

If she really didnt care, why would she keep ownership?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Paul thing and not hers, but since it was important to Paul I feel she wants to do the right thing. That means no drastic actions and letting those that been running the show to continue to run the show. Paul did the same unless he felt it was imperative for him to take action.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Paul thing and not hers, but since it was important to Paul I feel she wants to do the right thing. That means no drastic actions and letting those that been running the show to continue to run the show. Paul did the same unless he felt it was imperative for him to take action.

We all know Paul would make changes, he wasn't stupid and it's about making money and you do that with a winning product and "EXTRA GAMES" (playoffs). It's no secret that Allen was a Basketball guy first but he also stated he was a football fan. Jody not so much, but she has business smarts so who knows that the future holds really. Either that or she used her drama degree and has been acting like she knows what she is dong lol.

I think also the NFL has no issues pushing teams around we have seen it and having a Owner that wont stand for it is a good thing. Someone to fight the good fight and while I feel Paul would do this I do not feel Jody ever will. Can't end up like the Lions now can we? scary thought.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just don't think trading Wilson is the correct move. Going to be WAY harder to get a HOF QB than a HC who is competent. And are we even going to get much for Wilson at this point? The stock on the guy is not exactly Aaron Rodgers...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks here ain't gonna like this, but it looks like no major rebuilds this offseason.

I hope that they get rid of Ken Norton at the very least.
Honestly I find it hard to read much into this.

I don't think any of us really know what's going to happen this offseason.

There are so many variables at this point that Russ is just one key piece of the equation. Hypothetically if we went into 2022 with Russ at QB there will be glaring holes all across the roster and Russ would have to have an insane season just for us to be wild card contenders.

As much as I don't want to trade Russ and hit the reset button, I have to wonder how much of the problems with the offense has to do with Russ. Finger issues aside, he takes way too many self imposed sacks, doesn't really hit the middle of the field unless it's a well executed deep play action play, doesn't have the threat with his legs that he used to and never looks to his check downs when he's under pressure. One of the things I've noticed that seems to separate Russ from Rodgers, Brady, etc. is that when Russ is under pressure he tries to spin out of it and has his eyes looking deep whereas Brady hits his check downs.

All that being said, I do think the best course of action would be to fire Carroll, give JS complete control and appease Wilson by allowing him to have significant input in the HC/OC decision. Even then, it would take some really prudent personnel decisions to have a legitimately competitive roster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just don't think trading Wilson is the correct move. Going to be WAY harder to get a HOF QB than a HC who is competent. And are we even going to get much for Wilson at this point? The stock on the guy is not exactly Aaron Rodgers...
I'd rather go the route that retains Wilson because I believe moving him - even with all the faults I mentioned above - would just sentence us to a decade of mediocrity. On the other hand, even with Russ playing at his best, there are so many holes on this roster that I wonder if we can even go into 2022 with as much talent as we entered 2021 with, which clearly wasn't adequate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather go the route that retains Wilson because I believe moving him - even with all the faults I mentioned above - would just sentence us to a decade of mediocrity. On the other hand, even with Russ playing at his best, there are so many holes on this roster that I wonder if we can even go into 2022 with as much talent as we entered 2021 with, which clearly wasn't adequate.

If we get multiple top picks for him and we nail those picks we won’t be in mediocrity for too long.. That will potentially speed up the process… My worry is Russ just isn’t the same right now, he’s taken so many hits over the years and will be 34 next season.. Legs are the first to go as we age, and his strength was relying on those legs… Let’s say we don’t move Russ, and he declines, it’s gonna be a LONG rebuild process then… I just think we would be foolish not to at least consider some offers, if the offers aren’t good enough, keep him …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Hawks just need to get better in one score games and they would be 10-5 and 1 game out of first, yeah we suck lol.

there is work to be done on this team but as proven by our wins over the 49ers who look like Playoff locks this team is not as far away as many of you think or believe. Offense needs the most work so do you completely blow it up? nah They have the 5th most cap space and shush about signing our players because EVERY TEAM HAS TO RESIGN PLAYERS EVERY YEAR THIS IS NOT ANYTHING NEW OR DIFFERENT. Don't make big splashes with start FA go out and get those roster players, the ones that are not stars but are starter quality. Resign the players that are quality players and let the "borderline/Practice squad players walk.

then Trade Wagner and Adams and pick up 3-4 more picks in the draft. You all are making it WAY harder and more doom and gloom than it is. We just need a little bit of luck and if any team is due for some luck it's the Hawks.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Hawks just need to get better in one score games and they would be 10-5 and 1 game out of first, yeah we suck lol.

there is work to be done on this team but as proven by our wins over the 49ers who look like Playoff locks this team is not as far away as many of you think or believe. Offense needs the most work so do you completely blow it up? nah They have the 5th most cap space and shush about signing our players because EVERY TEAM HAS TO RESIGN PLAYERS EVERY YEAR THIS IS NOT ANYTHING NEW OR DIFFERENT. Don't make big splashes with start FA go out and get those roster players, the ones that are not stars but are starter quality. Resign the players that are quality players and let the "borderline/Practice squad players walk.

then Trade Wagner and Adams and pick up 3-4 more picks in the draft. You all are making it WAY harder and more doom and gloom than it is. We just need a little bit of luck and if any team is due for some luck it's the Hawks.
nobody is taking adams off our hands, we would legitimately need to give up picks to get someone to take him and his contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody is taking adams off our hands, we would legitimately need to give up picks to get someone to take him and his contract.
Actually for the team trading for Adams the contract would leave the Seahawks paying the bulk and be a bargain for the team trading for him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually for the team trading for Adams the contract would leave the Seahawks paying the bulk and be a bargain for the team trading for him.
Then we should do it, that trade was a galactically stupid mistake and there no sense sticking with it just because you paid out the ass for him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is correct and why he has some value in a trade for other teams. Yes we lose out big time but we also cut bait on an extremely over priced player and get something in return. Also lets not kid around the defense has been fine with out him. They still are the best part of this team and he was not making them any better. The picks could go a long way to helping depth. Also maybe it then shows Diggs that even though he has proven he is better than Adams, No one safety is worth a 17 million a year cap hit. Diggs is up to be resigned.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we should do it, that trade was a galactically stupid mistake and there no sense sticking with it just because you paid out the ass for him.
I'd be for it IF they can get a decent return on him.