• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more excuses

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not me, but just TP, then let's see some of those. And if it's other(according to other posters) bring them to light. I just see this alleged "group get tossed out on this board but I'm not even sure THEY know who they're bitching about(other than Meow, he told me who he is talking about).

This is about the only thing that bothers me about you. The bromance with Tpaul. Trev handles himself just fine. I will not look up Tpaul's posts to prove his homerism. You are blind if you don't see it. I love his passion about the Lions as I also don't let Kreton bother me.

Oh by the way. I knocked you out of the playoffs this week in Pride. In my league you have successfully locked up the #1 pick. Nice roster you were putting forward every week. You should have just benched everyone.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way. I knocked you out of the playoffs this week in Pride. In my league you have successfully locked up the #1 pick. Nice roster you were putting forward every week. You should have just benched everyone.
Actually the Pride league was more of a "fun" league for me. No offense to LCW, but of the 8 leagues I'm in it's the least I care about. It's why I drafted Calvin and Reggie right off the bat. I just wanted to have a fun roster.

As for urs, I started tanking after a few weeks as I wanted to get that first pick for leverage reasons. I love my roster going forward so next year you'll see me go full throttle. ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lions not need new coaches? More consistent play (4 qrts., discipline, a LB or CB #2 WR C ???
You answer no to all these and you sir eat the cornbread...
And I agree with these things. But despite these shortcomings, I still feel we have a team that can make the playoffs. I don't give up each and every week we lose. Bc we always seem to bounce back and surprise the hell out of us. Hence the inconsistent team.

Now many say it doesn't matter if we make the playoffs. Well now I see it differently. Anyone can make noise in the playoffs, anyone. The NYG and Ravens are the most recent examples of this. They all had glaring issues heading into the playoffs but things just seemed to click when they got there. Same with us. Ya never know what can happen.

Now I will be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, which is a very good possibility. But sitting at 7-6 and still having a lead, albeit a slight one, in the division means we still have a shot. I have never once said it's guaranteed, but I'm not giving up hope after each loss. Just my stance.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the only thing that bothers me about you. The bromance with Tpaul.
You call it a bromance, I call it me simply agreeing with him on certain things. I think the times I've agreed with him have been some huge arguments on the board, so those get remembered more. Additionally, bc they're remembered more, we somehow get labeled homers and will get lumped in together for whatever reason. I have my own opinions, he has his. I only choose to back him up when he's making a point I agree with. If that means we have a bromance, then so be it.

But like I've stated, I will agree with anyone when they make points that make sense to me. If they're way off base, IMO, I'm gonna disagree. That's how the board is supposed to work right?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the Lions are right where most of us pegged them at the beginning of the season, a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

Detroit's expectations were raised when Chicago and Green Bay suffered some injuries and Detroit won some games we were not expecting. But they turned around and lost games we believed they should have won.

I get the same old Lions but in reality it's same old Lions fans! We get fooled into believing this team is different and has a shot at being something it is not! It happens all to often. We know what Detroit is then get our hopes raised by beating a decent team, stringing a few win together then having the fucking carpet pulled out from our feet! And we bitch like jilted girlfriends but it happens year after year.

Detroit was a poor team last year. They made some good moves and had one of their best drafts in years. These things bode well for the future but to expect more than a 2-3 game swing from last years record would be the exception instead of the norm. So if Detroit finishes 8-8 that is an improvement from last years debacle but not what we were fooled into believing after the Cowboys game.

So say same old Lions all you want, but IMO it's same old Lions fans.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the season we had many unknowns. As the season has unfolded those unknowns(o-line, lb's among others) have exceeded our expectations. Knowing the talent that this team possesses this team should be better than just improved. To lose games the way we have isn't a talent issue, it's a gameplan/execution issue. The coaching staff has been the reason for losses but so have the players. Who is in charge of getting the players prepared though?

This team is far too talented to continue to put this inconstistent product on the field.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the season we had many unknowns. As the season has unfolded those unknowns(o-line, lb's among others) have exceeded our expectations. Knowing the talent that this team possesses this team should be better than just improved. To lose games the way we have isn't a talent issue, it's a gameplan/execution issue. The coaching staff has been the reason for losses but so have the players. Who is in charge of getting the players prepared though?

This team is far too talented to continue to put this inconstistent product on the field.

:10:POST OF THE DAY!!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and GVSU are the most current ones to say this. I asked him who he was specifically referring to and he dodged the question. So maybe you can tell me. Who exactly are all these "cornbread eaters and koolaid drinkers"? I mean, the only one that has self proclaimed it is Kreton. I can't think of anyone else unless I'm missing someone. Maybe those thoughts should be specifically directed at Kreton since he's the only one that fits the mold? No?

Heh. I didnt dodge anything. There are koolaid drinkers here, which is fine. It becomes a problem though when hey see fit to be pricks to people that are on a more realistic level. Theres no need for me to name names, it will just be denied besides kreton. There is plenty of evidence on this very board as to who the koolaid drinkers are leading up to the eggles game. It is what it is.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the guys who at the time liked it. Only because I thought he was showing a glimpse of foot to the throat coach. Only to lull me into a false sense of security the following two games. Same ole shit. After the game and thinking about it, it was the wrong call, just got a little premature ecoachelation...

Me too man, i still dont have a problem with that call. The same fans that were bitching about the coach not being aggressive are for the most part the fans that didnt like it. Not that theres anything wrong with not liking it. I can see both sides of the argument.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not embrace negative Nancy or Kool-aid label. I just try to say what I feel. I give two shits what people think. I am not a football guru nor a coach. Hence working for rail road. I understand it takes four facets to win games. O, D ST and coaching. Lions never put all four together weekly. 2 out of 4 don't cut it.

Then you wont mind when i call you a pussy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was waiting for. I'd like to know how? B/c I have hope for our team this year? I am critical of our team in the aspects I feel are critical. I'd love to see examples of me "drinking kool-aid"(which is a stupid fucking phrase imo anyway).

Just like people claiming there's a group of these kool-aid drinkers, and nobody(until you) speaks up about who they actually are, nobody really gives examples of what warrants them to have this label. People have given examples of Kreton, and it's not hard to find them. But I don't see anyone else that really fits this mold.

TP is very upbeat about the players, but he is very critical of the team and this season. I don't share his positive spin on most of the players like he does, but I know there are many more "good" players on this team than there are "bad". If that's what you think makes me a homer, then that's a stretch.

Just bc I don't join in on the bitch fest hardly makes me a homer. I just don't see what good it does. Doesn't mean I don't talk about the bad issues on the team, I just don't harp on them every chance I get.

So, I'd actually love to see some examples of me chowing down on this alleged cornbread and washing it down with a nice pitcher of red-flavored Kool-aid.

If it's not me, but just TP, then let's see some of those. And if it's other(according to other posters) bring them to light. I just see this alleged "group get tossed out on this board but I'm not even sure THEY know who they're bitching about(other than Meow, he told me who he is talking about).

I dont think you are. But for like the fifth or sixth time trying to explain to you it goes both ways. There are people here that do bitch about the team because the team is not great and they are automatically labelled as negative doom and gloomers by some so why shouldnt the "doom and gloomers" be able to do the same? You find me more than one person in here that only has negative things to say about the team? Thats what bothers many of us. We cant have an opinion on here because king and queen koolaid drinkers feathers get ruffled. If you cant see it both ways i cant help you.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you are Darth Vader then I must be the Emperor.

I swore I was done posting on here until the offseason, or at least until the Kool Aid and Cornbreads got their heads out of their asses, but I couldnt resist this one.

No you need to post here more often. Its good to see a different viewpoint than the same old shit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I harped on needing CB's over and over and over.....its a passing league and we always ettle for other teams left overs....

I just hate certain people get mad when others have a negative opinion on the team....being told this is a lion board. Fans who see no wrong should debate with the negative fans on how to turn the lions into winners.

Not to mention almost everytime i have argued with Tpaul about something, you always jumped in guns blazing for some reason...

Some of the arguments i can remember with tpaul

-mike thomas will put up pretty good numbers this year
-this is finally jason fox year
-no need for CB's because we just drafted 3 that we our developing....bentleys class
-if were lion fans, we shouldnt be negative, even tho they were coming off a 4-12 yr.

Just like i bring up gruden and you say you never heard anyone....guess you know everyone eh?

Id take gruden in a sec over what we got...at least hes been in a superbowl, something this franchise never has.....plus i think he would make stafford better....i know a few lion fans back home wanted him...but i understand some people just dont like gruden period.....but i still believe hes a good coach....of course....them like me would rather have cowher, but i dont see him coming out of retirement for the lions...

This, exactly. You cant have a discussion with tp unless you agree with him and at the same time if you dont agree with him micro always comes to his rescue. Its cute. Not to mention all of the super homer quotes are spot on. Ive said it before, every scrub we sign becomes a god in his eyes and every scrub we release was a great player until he was released than it was a great move. It gets old quick. No credibility.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too man, i still dont have a problem with that call. The same fans that were bitching about the coach not being aggressive are for the most part the fans that didnt like it. Not that theres anything wrong with not liking it. I can see both sides of the argument.

I can't. It makes about as much sense as Morningweg taking the wind. I don't have a list but it would be hard to imagine 20 dumber strategic coaching decisions all time. It didn't necessarily lose them the game. That's the only thing that lowers its profile. But I don't see how it's defensible on any level. Just about any dumbassed call can be defended by saying "he was being aggressive" or "if it worked he'd be a hero". Those are just cop out cliches. Let's start with the fact the holder is your punter... not any sort of ball carrier or a QB with a serious pass option. So your punter, who's holding, stands up with the ball. He's 7 yards behind the LOS. At this point every defensive player who's watching knows it's a fake. So he now has to run 7 yards just to get to the LOS. Then he has to make his way another 5 yards through the heart of the defense, who again now know that he's coming. Let's say that by some miracle of ineptitude by the Steelers he makes it. You're still not in the end zone... unless he's scores, which would have truly been a miracle. You're up by 4 late in the game. You take the chip shot to go up by 7 in that situation every single time. Even if for some lame-brained reason you do decide to go for it, you don't send your punter up the gut.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think it's bad being critical here.. You should be on any Tigers board where someone criticizes the manager and iffy is on it.. I've gotten into it with burf boy as well at times along with GVSU on the cbs boards..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are koolaid drinkers here, which is fine. It becomes a problem though when
they see fit to be pricks to people that are on a more realistic level.

:agree:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. It makes about as much sense as Morningweg taking the wind. I don't have a list but it would be hard to imagine 20 dumber strategic coaching decisions all time.

Not to get off topic, but Belicheck just won the coin toss in OT against Denver and took the wind instead of the ball. N.E. still won the game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit drinking kool-aid a long time ago. That big talking pitcher freaks me out.

I'm down for some cornbread though. Which leads to my favorite movie quote:

"I just wanted some cornbread, you motherfuckers!!!"

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this one……

cornbread_meme_generator_hey_you_gonna_eat_yo_co.jpg