• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more excuses

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this season this played out, with not only Cutler/ the Bears defense in shambles and Packers being without Rogers for multiple weeks now. The Lions have suffered no major injuries this season at all. Sure Ziggy has been nicked up a few games and Slay is now out. But honestly, I can't see how there is any reason whatsoever to hold onto the coaching staff after this season is over. Yeah sure, Schwartz isn't fumbling the ball but this team still lacks discipline and has no killer instinct whatsoever.

There needs to be a coaching staff in place that demands more from players and holds them accountable at all times. A coaching staff that can instill BASIC FUNDAMENTAL FOOTWORK in our franchise QB that can take him from a good player to an elite one. All the pieces are in place for a championship run here. We have a strong and young O-line, two fantastic running backs with the most dominant skill position player in the NFL. WE have a D-line that can rival any teams. Tulloch is as solid as they come, I will be first to admit that Levy has been amazing this year. We also have a lot of young talent at CB, if Slay can stay healthy then he will be a fine #1 CB for us. He sticks like glue to opposing wideouts just needs better coaching on turning his head around. Quin has been "blah" and Delmas flashes at times but gives up way to many big plays in the running game still. Outside of Akers, the special teams has been surprisingly good.

Even though the Ravens are the defending champs, there is no doubt that the Lions have a more talented roster top to bottom. We might even win on talent alone but I have no doubt in my mind we will be severely outcoached by Harbaugh. I still stand by my preseason thread prediction of 8-8 and Mayhew will let Schwartz go to save his own neck.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All day I thought of starting a thread to this magnitude. Thought it was early. Some will agree and some will treat you as Muzz or GVSU. (negative nancy)

I feel Schwartz has got all he will out of this roster. No discipline is evident, no accountability! There have for sure been improvements as stated. I love that we had later round draft picks UDFA's perform. IMO this team is very talented and could make a run. Just not with this staff.

With earlier threads stating of past players slamming Schwartz. You can read into it that they were disgruntled or this and that. When you see one guy, you may say that. When three different players step up. Makes you wonder do the guys really buy into his philosphy?

Good thread! This should start a good and heated discussion...

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. As I was watching the game last night that old feeling of Oh Shit here we go again. This damn team had a 6-3 record after the Chicago win. Give me a F'ing break!!! When the Bears beat Cleveland Sunday and if we lose to Balitmore Monday this town is gonna seriously explode and if I had my way Schwartz would be gone first thing Monday morning regardless of the last two games. This guy needs to be gone regardless if he makes the playoffs or not. He's a bozo and his team plays like a bunch of bozos.

This team is way too talented to be playing this poorly and that falls right on the shoulders of its head coach. I personally feel (I could be wrong) the players lack confidence in him or don't respect him as much. Who knows, I could be wrong and we'll never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, as I've kept my opinions to myself most of the year, but this team is no different than any Lions team in year's past.

They just don't have the killer instinct. Instead of putting teams away, they find ways to give games away to teams over and over (be it dumb penalties, turnovers, poor playing calling, the defense disappearing, etc.)

When you have had the schedule the Lions have had, along with Chicago and Green Bay missing their starting QBs for long stretches and both teams defenses in shambles, while the Lions have been healthy and we are tied with one team and a half game up on the other. It is embarrassing.

They need a change on the sidelines -- they need someone to come in and instill discipline and basic fundamentals. Detroit has WAAAAAY too much talent on their team to be sitting at 7-6. I hate to say it and I really don't want this to happen, but I think the best thing that could happen to the Lions is to not win the division or get in the playoffs and for Schwartz to lose his job. I just don't think he is the right guy to coach this team.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am as big of a homer as they come, but I hate Schwartz, Linehan, and Cunningham.

but I think the best thing that could happen to the Lions is to not win the division or get in the playoffs and for Schwartz to lose his job. I just don't think he is the right guy to coach this team.

I agree somewhat, but I think the best thing would be for us to make the playoffs and Schwartz to lose his job as well. Even if we do win the division (and I still expect us to) this team is still not playing as well as they should be. Schwartz, the game planning, the lack of discipline, all have held this team back. Anything short of 10 wins and at least an NFC title game appearance and there shouldn't be a question as to whether or not the Lions should clean house.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan and the fake FG really sealed the deal for me. I think we may need to run the table to win the division and that's a good thing. Because there's no way he gets canned if we win the division, regardless of record. It would suck to win 8 or 9 and win the division given all of the advantages we've had. But if we go 10-6 he deserves another shot. Nobody goes from 6-10 to 10-6 and a division win and gets canned. That just isn't going to happen, so there's no sense in wishing for it. My personal expectation would be a home playoff win, though I don't think that will be necessary for him to keep his job. But expecting to go to either New Orleans or Seattle and win to get to the conference championship game is just unrealistic. I doubt anyone will be able to pull that off and it's a ridiculous pre-req for him to keep his job, quite frankly, as much as I don't like the guy. They have to pull the trigger on anything short of a division win, though. This team has too much talent.... as much as anyone in the league if we plug a couple of holes in the back 4. We need someone who can come in and get the most out of it and I seriously doubt Schwartz is that guy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All day I thought of starting a thread to this magnitude. Thought it was early. Some will agree and some will treat you as Muzz or GVSU. (negative nancy)

I feel Schwartz has got all he will out of this roster. No discipline is evident, no accountability! There have for sure been improvements as stated. I love that we had later round draft picks UDFA's perform. IMO this team is very talented and could make a run. Just not with this staff.

With earlier threads stating of past players slamming Schwartz. You can read into it that they were disgruntled or this and that. When you see one guy, you may say that. When three different players step up. Makes you wonder do the guys really buy into his philosphy?

Good thread! This should start a good and heated discussion...

Embrace the negative nancy label gandy. We are right most of the time. Latest evidence, lions got smoked by the eagles :)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fixed that statement for you...

My jaw about hit the floor when good ol kreton said something bad about the lions. Explain please how the lions are super bowl contenders budddy? You think their coaching staff is hot garbage yet the lions are a lock to win their division and are a legitimate super bowl contender. Your words.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its about time for a kreton intervention its getting to that point of the season where he might lose his marbles if he had any to begin with.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some silver lining to come out of last weekends games though albeit not much. A week ago at this time the lions had only bested one team with a winning record. Now they have three victories against teams with a winning record and one against a .500 team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embrace the negative nancy label gandy. We are right most of the time. Latest evidence, lions got smoked by the eagles :)

Give in to your feelings, use the dark side of the force my young apprentice.

mooooohhaaaaaaaahhaaaaahhaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will not embrace negative Nancy or Kool-aid label. I just try to say what I feel. I give two shits what people think. I am not a football guru nor a coach. Hence working for rail road. I understand it takes four facets to win games. O, D ST and coaching. Lions never put all four together weekly. 2 out of 4 don't cut it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan and the fake FG really sealed the deal for me.

I was one of the guys who at the time liked it. Only because I thought he was showing a glimpse of foot to the throat coach. Only to lull me into a false sense of security the following two games. Same ole shit. After the game and thinking about it, it was the wrong call, just got a little premature ecoachelation...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think my prediction was 7-9........i might nail it......i shouldve said 7-9 while being the same old lions.....get us excited...lose to shitty teams...win a game in wash.....,everyone gets super excited.....team loses to TB.......blows games as they always have....dumb penalties.....offsides over and over......had a chance to get a few wins and seal up the division while other teams have been playing their backup QB....its like a movie we all seen before....until we get a real coach......man i wish jon gruden would come. Cowher? Anyone? Detroit job is a coach killer.....aint that right mooch and morningweg and marrinelli.....

Sorry for the rant.....been having to watch the bears love all day on our local news and TV.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give in to your feelings, use the dark side of the force my young apprentice.

mooooohhaaaaaaaahhaaaaahhaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well, if you are Darth Vader then I must be the Emperor.

I swore I was done posting on here until the offseason, or at least until the Kool Aid and Cornbreads got their heads out of their asses, but I couldnt resist this one.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think my prediction was 7-9.

So was mine... in our pool at work. I thought I was out of it. I still should be. With Peterson hurting (haven't heard how badly) and the Giants sucking we should win at least 9. Hell, Vegas likes us by 6 against the Ravens. But, with this team, absolutely no amount of screwing up would surprise me at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully endorse this thread.. This coaching staff has been pretty much exposed the last two years and has run its course... Time to clean house soon..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was mine... in our pool at work. I thought I was out of it. I still should be. With Peterson hurting (haven't heard how badly) and the Giants sucking we should win at least 9. Hell, Vegas likes us by 6 against the Ravens. But, with this team, absolutely no amount of screwing up would surprise me at this point.

They might beat the ravens.....seems like everytime we lose a bad one, which seems alot, tb, pitt, ariz.....then they seem to win a game we dont expect...

Giants still scare me....eli might light us up....just like big ben did....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....its like a movie we all seen before....until we get a real coach......man i wish jon gruden would come. Cowher? Anyone? Detroit job is a coach killer.....aint that right mooch and morningweg and marrinelli......

I do not want Gruden. I do feel some of it is the Lions hire guys that are not proven which most are not.
However they are great DC or OC guys or excellent position coaches and that is where they belong. I would break the bank for Cowher!!