• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more excuses

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat.....No thanks to Gruden.....I would like Cowher however.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing to sway Cowher here would be a ridiculous contract.. 5 Years at 10 million per atleast.. Would you be willing to pull the trigger?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing to sway Cowher here would be a ridiculous contract.. 5 Years at 10 million per atleast.. Would you be willing to pull the trigger?

I am spending Ford's $$$ hell yeah! This bullshit discipline would end. I would like Kubiak as OC. He has always found a way to get ball to A.Johnson. Just not sure of the zone blocking working with our line?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or at least until the Kool Aid and Cornbreads got their heads out of their asses
You and GVSU are the most current ones to say this. I asked him who he was specifically referring to and he dodged the question. So maybe you can tell me. Who exactly are all these "cornbread eaters and koolaid drinkers"? I mean, the only one that has self proclaimed it is Kreton. I can't think of anyone else unless I'm missing someone. Maybe those thoughts should be specifically directed at Kreton since he's the only one that fits the mold? No?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man i wish jon gruden would come.
Would like your thoughts on this. You're the only one I've ever heard say they want Gruden to coach anyone's team. What about him specifically makes you think he'll be successful? No argument intended, just very curious as I think it's a trrrrble idea.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and GVSU are the most current ones to say this. I asked him who he was specifically referring to and he dodged the question. So maybe you can tell me. Who exactly are all these "cornbread eaters and koolaid drinkers"? I mean, the only one that has self proclaimed it is Kreton. I can't think of anyone else unless I'm missing someone. Maybe those thoughts should be specifically directed at Kreton since he's the only one that fits the mold? No?

Not to stir the pot, but if it does oh fricking well. Actually to me, you and Tpaul have glimpes of kool aid and cornbread. ACtaully maybe just a sip and a bite. However you guys do bitch and vent on what needs to be corrected. So not total homerism. Some of them " old disgruntled men" were fans before you were born. I for the life me can not figure out why I am a diehard fan of this team? I ditched my childhood teams for this chaos. After twenty years of this shit, I can see how OLd Lion bitches so much.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually to me, you and Tpaul have glimpes of kool aid and cornbread
This is what I was waiting for. I'd like to know how? B/c I have hope for our team this year? I am critical of our team in the aspects I feel are critical. I'd love to see examples of me "drinking kool-aid"(which is a stupid fucking phrase imo anyway).

Just like people claiming there's a group of these kool-aid drinkers, and nobody(until you) speaks up about who they actually are, nobody really gives examples of what warrants them to have this label. People have given examples of Kreton, and it's not hard to find them. But I don't see anyone else that really fits this mold.

TP is very upbeat about the players, but he is very critical of the team and this season. I don't share his positive spin on most of the players like he does, but I know there are many more "good" players on this team than there are "bad". If that's what you think makes me a homer, then that's a stretch.

Just bc I don't join in on the bitch fest hardly makes me a homer. I just don't see what good it does. Doesn't mean I don't talk about the bad issues on the team, I just don't harp on them every chance I get.

So, I'd actually love to see some examples of me chowing down on this alleged cornbread and washing it down with a nice pitcher of red-flavored Kool-aid.

If it's not me, but just TP, then let's see some of those. And if it's other(according to other posters) bring them to light. I just see this alleged "group get tossed out on this board but I'm not even sure THEY know who they're bitching about(other than Meow, he told me who he is talking about).

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stir the pot, but if it does oh fricking well
And just so we're clear, I've never had an issue with you before. I always read your posts b/c you're an honest poster. No, you don't sugar coat things, but you also don't seem to harp on the bad things over and over again. So your input doesn't stir the pot, I'm really trying to clear up this "group" that everyone seems to target.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to be positive. Otherwise what's the point of rooting for them. It's hard, though, and I'd have to be an idiot to not understand the pessimism. I've been a Lions fan for 23 years and I've been watching them just about every week for nearly 40. I'm not originally from around here so they weren't my 1st team. I grew up in DC, a Skins fan, season tix for years... the whole bit. I still remember the day it happened. It was early in the '91 Championship game and I suddenly realized I was rooting for the Lions. Frankly it made me a little ill, but I couldn't help it.

This team is different. As the old cliche goes games are won & lost in the trenches... it's still the truth, btw. This team has never been this talented at the LOS on both sides of the ball at least over the 40 years I've been watching....and young too. We have a young QB with a cannon, the best WR in the game, Reggie and a couple decent secondary offensive players. This team has super bowl potential. Not this year, but soon and with very few holes to fill. This thread points out a glaring one imo. But the foundation is there. I've never thought that of previous teams ... even the 91 squad. They could have played the Skins 20 times and would have lost every single one. So nobody should worry about being called a "kool aid drinker". That's just part of being a fan. As for the SOL guys, I get that too. We'll save room for you on the bandwagon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only watched a few of their games, but I'm puzzled as to why the Lions aren't a dominant team. They seemingly have all the talent needed to be a dominant football team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want Gruden. I do feel some of it is the Lions hire guys that are not proven which most are not.
However they are great DC or OC guys or excellent position coaches and that is where they belong. I would break the bank for Cowher!!

I just think gruden could take stafford to elite level....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stir the pot, but if it does oh fricking well. Actually to me, you and Tpaul have glimpes of kool aid and cornbread. ACtaully maybe just a sip and a bite. However you guys do bitch and vent on what needs to be corrected. So not total homerism. Some of them " old disgruntled men" were fans before you were born. I for the life me can not figure out why I am a diehard fan of this team? I ditched my childhood teams for this chaos. After twenty years of this shit, I can see how OLd Lion bitches so much.

Man youre lucky.....you only got 20 yrs of this shit....i been in this twilight zone since late 70's.....first superbowl i can remember really watching was pitt vs rams

K

kengel6

Monday Night without Howard or Dandy Don????How about Alex the Actor or Fred Da Hammer????

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just so we're clear, I've never had an issue with you before. I always read your posts b/c you're an honest poster. No, you don't sugar coat things, but you also don't seem to harp on the bad things over and over again. So your input doesn't stir the pot, I'm really trying to clear up this "group" that everyone seems to target.

I harped on needing CB's over and over and over.....its a passing league and we always ettle for other teams left overs....

I just hate certain people get mad when others have a negative opinion on the team....being told this is a lion board. Fans who see no wrong should debate with the negative fans on how to turn the lions into winners.

Not to mention almost everytime i have argued with Tpaul about something, you always jumped in guns blazing for some reason...

Some of the arguments i can remember with tpaul

-mike thomas will put up pretty good numbers this year
-this is finally jason fox year
-no need for CB's because we just drafted 3 that we our developing....bentleys class
-if were lion fans, we shouldnt be negative, even tho they were coming off a 4-12 yr.

Just like i bring up gruden and you say you never heard anyone....guess you know everyone eh?

Id take gruden in a sec over what we got...at least hes been in a superbowl, something this franchise never has.....plus i think he would make stafford better....i know a few lion fans back home wanted him...but i understand some people just dont like gruden period.....but i still believe hes a good coach....of course....them like me would rather have cowher, but i dont see him coming out of retirement for the lions...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to be positive. Otherwise what's the point of rooting for them. It's hard, though, and I'd have to be an idiot to not understand the pessimism. I've been a Lions fan for 23 years and I've been watching them just about every week for nearly 40. I'm not originally from around here so they weren't my 1st team. I grew up in DC, a Skins fan, season tix for years... the whole bit. I still remember the day it happened. It was early in the '91 Championship game and I suddenly realized I was rooting for the Lions. Frankly it made me a little ill, but I couldn't help it.

This team is different. As the old cliche goes games are won & lost in the trenches... it's still the truth, btw. This team has never been this talented at the LOS on both sides of the ball at least over the 40 years I've been watching....and young too. We have a young QB with a cannon, the best WR in the game, Reggie and a couple decent secondary offensive players. This team has super bowl potential. Not this year, but soon and with very few holes to fill. This thread points out a glaring one imo. But the foundation is there. I've never thought that of previous teams ... even the 91 squad. They could have played the Skins 20 times and would have lost every single one. So nobody should worry about being called a "kool aid drinker". That's just part of being a fan. As for the SOL guys, I get that too. We'll save room for you on the bandwagon.

I just dont see saying stuff like our CB's are weak....or we need another receiver....or our OL scares me is negative.....i want the lions to win bad...

I remember the offseason saying how signing bush was great.....getting quinn was huge.....drafting ziggy was the right choice.....but yet it would be one negative statement i said about the defense or OL that would get cherry picked and i was labeled as negative.....im sorry i dont think every lion player is a stud....or speed alone makes you great....remember fans wanting dennard in the 5th? Whats his speed done in the NFL? Or i dont think just because a guy is a certain size or a physical beast makes them a good football player either....see aaron curry..

Its all opinions on here. Were better off respecting others opinions and talk about what they need to do to get better.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only watched a few of their games, but I'm puzzled as to why the Lions aren't a dominant team. They seemingly have all the talent needed to be a dominant football team.

Unfortunately football is probably the biggest sport where a coach/manager plays a huge role.....between calling plays, starting players, making players accountable for stupid shit like penalties....fake FG's....the crap in tenn last year....the list goes on and on.....the lions over the years have had decent talent.....just not decent coaching.....its bad when wayne fontes is the best coach weve had during my time.

I also believe the lions just have a lil bad luck too....also get shafted on calls every so often....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like i bring up gruden and you say you never heard anyone....guess you know everyone eh?
Exactly. I simply asked, in a non confrontational way, your opinion on why you thought he would be a good hire. I wanted you to expand on that. And you're right, I said "I" hadn't heard anyone saying that, not that EVERYONE said that. There's a difference. Nobody I have conversed with on potential Deteoit hires ever mentioned Gruden being a good hire. Now I have one, you. Congrats. Not sure why you had to have an attitude about my request of your thought process, but whatevs.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention almost everytime i have argued with Tpaul about something, you always jumped in guns blazing for some reason...
There have only been a couple times I jumped in on your debate with him. And it's bc I believed his side more than yours, plain and simple. I'm allowed to have ideas correct? Doesn't matter who says what, if I agree with one side, I'll say so, just ask GVSU. I've sided with him on topics before and he and eye don't have the same thought process on the lions.

Besides, what's the big deal about me taking sides with TP? Should I make it a big deal when others take your side in debates? Like I said, I agreed with him on that topic(don't even know what that was anymore). It is what it is. You can continue to take issue with it, I've let it go. Thought you did too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never thought you were a kool aid drinker. It is grape flavor fucker get it right!! I saw right through the post from you and know you feel people are referring to you. Just figured I would spare the
arguement you will not get from anybody and damn sure not me. Some people on here egg others on to get kicks.

IMO the posters who vent (not bitching to me) GVSU, Muzz, Meow, Old Lion make great points. How they deliver their messages vary. Just read the meaty parts and kickout non kool aid parts.

Do the Lions not need new coaches? More consistent play (4 qrts., discipline, a LB or CB #2 WR C ???
You answer no to all these and you sir eat the cornbread...