• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, you're right that the last three teams don't need direct boosts. They are large markets, however, and ratings is what matters most at this stage of the season, along with the marketing part I mentioned. Henrik needs to be made a marquee NY area player for marketing reasons and that won't truly happen until he wins a Cup. I meant more that teams needing economic boosts or successful seasons (which most fan bases define as playoff appearances) to gain support for economic agendas like new stadiums, upgrades, franchise sales, etc often get the playoff appearances to help those goals along. This may not be a hard-and-fast rule but a pattern does emerge in pro sports. Offseason owner's meetings probably cover this sort of stuff. It's probably even why the Devils made it to the finals a couple years ago. The franchise needed a cash influx while it was on the sales block. We haven't made the playoffs since the team was successfully sold after. I look back at the Devils season and after the DREADFUL shootout record wondered if we weren't supposed to make the playoffs. This could also have figured into why Kovy bolted?

I think if the nhl wanted to sell the devils for more money esp they would've let them win the cup in 12. However beek did need the money and he made a ton off that playoff run.

I will say this bout henrik. He will get the MVP even if they lose. If he can get them to 7 it's a lock if he can get to 6 I think he gets it as long as there are no blowout losses

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the nhl wanted to sell the devils for more money esp they would've let them win the cup in 12. However beek did need the money and he made a ton off that playoff run.

I will say this bout henrik. He will get the MVP even if they lose. If he can get them to 7 it's a lock if he can get to 6 I think he gets it as long as there are no blowout losses

Will that make your autographed jersey worth more?

j/k

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Will that make your autographed jersey worth more?

j/k

Putting my Rangers win prediction aside, if the Kings win the finals I think both Quick and Gaborik (so far) would have something to say about Queenie winning the CS trophy.

Nailed the Kings prediction. The Gaborik/Rangers connection will make for a good storyline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick did not have a good WCF's..hopefully that was more of the B'Hawks offense then it was him.

Should be a fun finals though..Im tempted not to watch cause every game Ive watched lately the Rangers win lol.

Kings surprised me last night though..when Chicago went up 2-0 I thought that was game set match. Kings have some sneaky offense that they didnt have when they beat us. They have the ability to win those 2-1 games as well as 5-4 games. Thats dangerous.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what to think. The Rangers keep finding ways to win and if Lundqvist stands on his head anything is possible. But the Kings are really fucking good man. I think this version is better than the one that beat us.

I said it on the main board, 3 things the Kings have going for them that the Rangers haven't seen yet in the playoffs:

1: Depth. The Rangers have had an advantage with their 3rd and 4th lines up until this point, that's not the case with the Kings who are pretty loaded top to bottom.

2: Goaltending. Flyers and Pens, c'mon. And Habs, backup played well enough but he wasn't stealing games. Quick at 100% can match Lundy.

3: Physicality. The Rangers have gone against pretty soft teams up until this point. Teams that rely on finesse generally don't do well in the playoffs. The Kings are a big, physical team. They know how to get in front of the net, they can create screens and bump Lundqvist and make life tough. The Rangers have thrived on clogging the middle and blocking all those perimeter shots. The Kings know how to score dirty goals. Curious to see how the Rangers D responds.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm glad the kings won because i do think they will give the rangers more of a challenge. the hawks looked like they coasted a lot and relied on kane and towes plus i dont trust crawford.

quick and the physical play like mentioned are 2 things that will be huge since your right the rangers didn't see that in any series before.

i dont want to hear anything about being tired either because its 2 nights off before game 1. then TWO more nights off before game 2 on saturday.

still stand by my prediction of rangers in 4. its just like the devils run in 95 no one gave them a shot against the wings and they just rolled over them. i have a feeling this finals goes exactly the way the 2012 one did. 2 overtime low scoring games that either team can win. rangers finish em off at home

VERY VERY rare does the exact same story play out. kings won the west coast/east coast series last time. they dont do it this time

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what to think. The Rangers keep finding ways to win and if Lundqvist stands on his head anything is possible. But the Kings are really fucking good man. I think this version is better than the one that beat us.

I said it on the main board, 3 things the Kings have going for them that the Rangers haven't seen yet in the playoffs:

1: Depth. The Rangers have had an advantage with their 3rd and 4th lines up until this point, that's not the case with the Kings who are pretty loaded top to bottom.

2: Goaltending. Flyers and Pens, c'mon. And Habs, backup played well enough but he wasn't stealing games. Quick at 100% can match Lundy.

3: Physicality. The Rangers have gone against pretty soft teams up until this point. Teams that rely on finesse generally don't do well in the playoffs. The Kings are a big, physical team. They know how to get in front of the net, they can create screens and bump Lundqvist and make life tough. The Rangers have thrived on clogging the middle and blocking all those perimeter shots. The Kings know how to score dirty goals. Curious to see how the Rangers D responds.

Agreed, and lets not forget they let the Kings get away with all the same BS the rags have made a living on getting.... dirty play and interfernces... how will the NHL decide how to call this one. I just hope they haven't settled on getting NY a Cup again. You know ESPN wants that... they anoint them SCC every year....

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Luckily ESPN does fuck all for the NHL. maybe Bettman makes the rags lose just to make them all look like bigger tools.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2-1 rangers in overtime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins Game 1 is gonna win the series.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Msg ran from 6am til now all 7 games from 94 against the canucks. Then they are doing wall to wall finals coverage. I remember in 12 I think we got a hockey night live hour special lol

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers in 5

Better goaltender right now and I just think they're going bring there game to another level.

I think Lundy is the difference maker.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Im done watching the Finals now.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That carter wrap miss is like fayne in game 1 with the open net miss. Bizarro series continues. Rangers get an ugly winner early

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That carter wrap miss is like fayne in game 1 with the open net miss. Bizarro series continues. Rangers get an ugly winner early

You meant Rangers give up an ugly winner. Girardi gave it up like a Port Authority hooker....SWEET

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey at-least I got the 5 mins right. Lol

Btw how cool did rangers town look

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup def not watching another second of these finals lol.

3 Kings goals after I switched the channel tonight.

All bias aside Kings are just a better team. Rangers got 2 huge breaks tonight on their goals and couldn't steal one. The luck contined for em but they ain't playing who they beat already in this series.