• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I could see that happening is if the players just say they refuse to play while Goodell is commissioner during the next negotiations

Or if Jerry is pissed enough.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if Jerry is pissed enough.

Possibly but I think he would need some otjer owners to side with him as well. Only sure fire way would be for the players to just not play until he is gone but I don't know what kind of possibility that would be either

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Dallas Cowboys management I might look for a soft spot in the schedule where they play a few weak teams over a 6 week span and then just drop the appeal and sit Zeke for that period. That way they get to sit him against teams that aren't playoff contenders instead of possibly sitting him in the playoffs where every team is hard to beat and you need all men on deck.
It gets softer???

Thing is team doesn't officially have a say. This is Zeke and NFLPA. Now if Jerry really wanted to I bet he could probably talk him out of it, but Jerry's like 90 years old. He's fine with putting it off another year. He may not see another one

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL wins and they eventually get to suspend Zeke, but it takes until December to get it done, it could end up being way worse for the Cowboys than if they'd just sat Zeke out for the first 6 weeks. What if they lose him just in time for the playoffs? That would be a pretty bitter pill.

That would be awesome, but they'll miss the playoffs naturally.