• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to interview Matthews, Neal, Harrison, Peppers, and Manning about PED's

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Affleck was right.

If the NFL was serious about PEDs and testing there would be no NFL...

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the comments to the article: Hopefully they’ll interview the guy who started the whole thing, Charlie Sly, and then said he made it all up in an effort to get into the PED business.

If I remember right Al-Jazeera closed or went out of business due to running this made-up story.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the comments to the article: Hopefully they’ll interview the guy who started the whole thing, Charlie Sly, and then said he made it all up in an effort to get into the PED business.

If I remember right Al-Jazeera closed or went out of business due to running this made-up story.
They did shit down their American offices coincidently soon after they broke these stories. They claim it is "unrelated".

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd be awesome if you could somehow sacrifice cap room or draft picks to give some players peds. Just be another dimension to the game. How to micro manage cap, draft picks, and PEDs.

Would be awesome to see some team develop strategies around which players to PED, etc. Of course everyone would have to undergo testing to make sure the designated PED player was the only one. Kind of like a franchise tag.

Steroid tag = Can designate one player each year to use PEDs. Player gets a $5M bonus.

You could also trade your steroid tag for picks/players. How awesome would that be?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not be naive here. Green Bay, Denver and Pitt are not the only teams that cheat, I'm sure there are others. I'm just grateful mine isn't one

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough's enough. The league is a joke as far as testing and drug cheats go. If they had a test that could catch cheaters I'd be surprised if less than 50% of the league failed.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?
I heard the NFL is going to measure Peyton's oversized melon and odds are they take away your Lombardi Trophy. The other guys are clean as a whistle. :pound:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is if Manning was getting anything last year it sure didn't help. He sucked!!! Peace.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough's enough. The league is a joke as far as testing and drug cheats go. If they had a test that could catch cheaters I'd be surprised if less than 50% of the league failed.

The drug test is a joke, and I am completely fine with that. Those aren't about performance enhancers, but drug/alcohol addicted NFL players not being good PR for the league. Theirs is same as most jobs, tested when you are hired, and NFL gives a single test every year usually during camp.

The PED tests are better, not Olympic level testing (though some of their amounts are tougher than other sports), and random and throughout the year and off-season. But there is no real good solution for that unless you want to test after every single game, and go nuts with it. I think theirs is as good as any sport. I've heard worse, I've heard better. There will always be ways to attempt to beat it and some will be successful.

As for the HGH Al-Jazeera report, I am skeptical and would want to see some harder evidence. The guy who went undercover was a convicted con artist trying to get back the fame he lost as a track star and "britians got talent" competitor.

Britain's Got Talent star handed 14-year bankruptcy ban for duping investors out of £874,000 in property scam

The guy he was talking to seemed to really be pumping up his story. The "doctor" at the Guyer institute as he called himself was an unpaid intern and then recanted his story. He was getting in the business of trying to sell PED's to athletes and threw out big names he said he sold to with his previous job (Peyton, Mike Tyson, Jeter, Howard).

I'd just want to see some proof there. If there is some I'd be much more believable on this one, I will reserve judgement until all the facts that have been found are out there, but in the end if it is just two unbelievable characters writing a story that both have a lot to gain personally for, I could care less.