• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Rookie Combine

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent some time this afternoon watching the TE group, and WOW!

OJ Howard looked smooth as silk in the field drills and ran in the low 4.5s. Starting to change my opinion on taking this guy in the 1st round.

Evan Ingram ran fast as hell, and looked very good in the field drills. If Dallas doesn't go TE in the 1st and Ingram is there in the 2nd round I am all over that.

Njoku and Everett looked good too. The whole position group was pretty impressive. Good year to get a TE.

JMHO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, John Ross ran a record 40.

Saw that, figured everyone else has too by now.

John Ross looked great. Wouldn't be mad at the pick at #28. He might be the next Steve Smith? The balance he would provide across from Dez would be very valuable. Ross is probably beyond Dallas' reach at #28 after today, though.

This draft is shaping up to be fairly deep. Week at QB and OL, but lot of talent everywhere else. Dallas should have plenty of choices of quality football players at #28.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian McCaffery was impressive too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent some time this afternoon watching the TE group, and WOW!

OJ Howard looked smooth as silk in the field drills and ran in the low 4.5s. Starting to change my opinion on taking this guy in the 1st round.

Evan Ingram ran fast as hell, and looked very good in the field drills. If Dallas doesn't go TE in the 1st and Ingram is there in the 2nd round I am all over that.

Njoku and Everett looked good too. The whole position group was pretty impressive. Good year to get a TE.

JMHO

Saw where Dallas had met with 3 TE's already. Howard, the TE from Michigan Butt and Njoku from the U. Also met with Mike Williams, Dede Westbrook and KD Cannon.

Yeah, I realize they will likely meet w tons of these kids but the TE class looks hella deep

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where Dallas had met with 3 TE's already. Howard, the TE from Michigan Butt and Njoku from the U. Also met with Mike Williams, Dede Westbrook and KD Cannon.

Yeah, I realize they will likely meet w tons of these kids but the TE class looks hella deep

Only TE I would be comfortable with in the 1st is Howard. If he is still on the board at #28, then he may very well be the BPA. I get the feeling that Howard will be long gone before #28 though. Which is fine, because I really want a pass rusher in the 1st, if there is a good one to be had.

I want Pass Rusher and Cornerback in the 1st two rounds, but Dallas is about due for a 2nd round TE, haha. I don't think that's a bad thing this year.

Here's a thought, this TE class is so deep this year, what if injured Jake Butt gets pushed to the 3rd-4th round? Hypothetically speaking, what if Dallas can get their DE and CB in the first two rounds, and then be able to land a talent like Jake Butt at the end of the 3rd or 4th round? Talk about value (assuming eventual good health)...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to get a guy like Howard, but personally I'd be fine with Swaim and Hannah going forward too and I don't want to lose either. With our offense we don't need an explosive pass catching TE. Blocking is much more important and both of those guys can make a couple of plays if needed. I don't think the key to us winning a championship will be a TE. If we can build a strong defense, with Dak leading us and Zeke running the ball we will be fine. But it's all about acquiring talent and if they think that means TE the long term need is there.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Howard and Engram is they are such good athletes they can possibly line up outside or in the slot. These guys could fill two needs. TE of the future, and match up nightmare on the outside in the short term.

If Dallas drafts a TE, I'm good with cutting Hanna, especially if we are talking about Howard, who is a good blocker. Cutting Hanna saves some money this year.

I like and want to keep Swaim, no matter what. I think he is a very good blocking TE already.

Dallas doesn't need to draft a TE this year, but you know the saying, "get it while the gettin is good". This crop of TEs looks very promising.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seem to be so many misses at TE in the first 2 rounds. Like I said, I won't be upset if we grab a TE but if the players are close I go most other positions. I would kind of be shocked if we drafted a TE in the first two rounds.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staying with my preference of d-backfield
thinking Gareon Conley OSU corner early and John Johnson Boston College safety early day 3
opinion will most likely change as the process continues but both look the NFL player part to me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that, figured everyone else has too by now.

John Ross looked great. Wouldn't be mad at the pick at #28. He might be the next Steve Smith? The balance he would provide across from Dez would be very valuable. Ross is probably beyond Dallas' reach at #28 after today, though.

This draft is shaping up to be fairly deep. Week at QB and OL, but lot of talent everywhere else. Dallas should have plenty of choices of quality football players at #28.
I thought ross would be gone by 28 before combine. He still might be there. He does have an injury history. You watch tape and he plays at that speed. Reminds me of deion speed wise.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought ross would be gone by 28 before combine. He still might be there. He does have an injury history. You watch tape and he plays at that speed. Reminds me of deion speed wise.

That speed will get him taken by 28, wouldn't be surprised to see CLE get him at 12. Seems like a very Browns thing to do, go for the flashiest guy.

Honestly I'm good with whatever we take, unless it is a RB. Then i'm still not mad, just puzzled. Won't be upset with anything on the defensive side and would love to get our TE of the future as long as we don't reach.

again, in Will and Stephen I trust.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That speed will get him taken by 28, wouldn't be surprised to see CLE get him at 12. Seems like a very Browns thing to do, go for the flashiest guy.

Honestly I'm good with whatever we take, unless it is a RB. Then i'm still not mad, just puzzled. Won't be upset with anything on the defensive side and would love to get our TE of the future as long as we don't reach.

again, in Will and Stephen I trust.
Don't forget Garrett. Stephen has no more role in picking players than Jerry. He Just takes Garrett and McClays side in the discussion easier is all.