• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1 Edition

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say anyone that takes the time to put together a list like this deserves to rank his team first on it :thumb:

I'm just happy he didn't have Dallas at #32

He did prior to Zeke signing.

I’d never rank the Cowboys that low.

I thought they were dead in the water last year and they rebounded well. 3-5 and going on the road against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles...on a short week and the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles coming off a bye. The defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles could have buried them and didn’t. Dallas showed some heart there and then went on to win the division. Can’t count a team like that out, even if I hate em.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they were dead in the water last year and they rebounded well. 3-5 and going on the road against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles...on a short week and the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles coming off a bye. The defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles could have buried them and didn’t. Dallas showed some heart there and then went on to win the division. Can’t count a team like that out, even if I hate em.
I admittedly did chuckle a little when you dropped them 3 spots AFTER Zeke signed and their OL, Tank and Jones all got healthy. But I'm not a big preseason list guy...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they were dead in the water last year and they rebounded well. 3-5 and going on the road against the defending Super Bowl champion Overachieving Philadelphia Eagles...on a short week and the defending Super Bowl champion Overachieving Philadelphia Eagles coming off a bye. The defending Super Bowl champion Overachieving Philadelphia Eagles could have buried them and didn’t. Dallas showed some heart there and then went on to win the division. Can’t count a team like that out, even if I hate em.

FIFY

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly did chuckle a little when you dropped them 3 spots AFTER Zeke signed and their OL, Tank and Jones all got healthy. But I'm not a big preseason list guy...

It’s all about being unconventional. I’m surprised the Rams contingent has commented yet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved up and leapfrogged the Seahawks. With the Rams expected to stutter a bit, I could definitely see the 49ers taking that division.
Or at least make it to the post season

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one cares if a team overachieves or underachieves. There are only winners and losers. I know it still hurts, but the Eagles won the Super Bowl a mere year-and-a-half ago. They are one of a handful of teams with a strong chance to win it this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all about being unconventional. I’m surprised the Rams contingent has commented yet.
Yeah, especially after the "expected to stutter" comment. I thought for sure that would bring out the pitchforks :lm:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not concerned about them losing Brown. I do wonder how much Roethlisberger has left. He had a great year last year - but has any QB taken more hits than him? Tom Brady has played in 50+ more games but Ben has been sacked 40 more times than him. They’ve done a great job of protecting him lately...but I worry about that. And even when he isn’t sacked, he still takes some big hits.

I understand and share that concern, if Ben goes down for any length of time the Steelers like most NFL teams are in trouble.

One mandate Todd Haley had from the Rooneys as OC was to reduce the ad libbing, reduce the hits on Ben. He installed the short passing game and as Ben bought into it, it became largely successful. Fichtner (new OC has mostly continued that) As you stated, as of late the sack numbers have been way down and that's largely why Ben has had pretty good performances late into his career. 37 years old now, quite a few years younger than Brady, doesn't run as much as he once did, he still has the motivation to play and take care of himself...part of signing his most recent extension was a request that his core OL stayed intact and that was granted.

With Conner back and Samuels with another year under his belt...the running game should be more solid than last year, which should lessen the exposure to hits on the QB.

By biggest concern is still CB and the back end of the DEF...on paper they are better than LY, but until you see it games that matter, it's still somewhat of an unknown.

The 1st Q of the season will be quite telling for this team...hopeful for 3-1, or better even as they will likely be favorites in 3 of the 4, but I'd be okay with 2-2.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this hot mess

5. New Orleans Saints (-2)
4. New England Patriots (+1)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (+3)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (+2)
1. Philadelphia Eagles (--)

philly and jax over NE?

did someone write this while on a cocaine binge?
I agree, hell even without Andrew Luck I think the Colts can still be all three teams in the division. And I would have the Colts around 13-17 range right now.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, are you a divorce attorney and do you fuck with mediations? (feel like she fucks with mediations). outside of that, it seems like vacations on top of vactations.
I fuck with mediations? I love mediations.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...do divorce lawyers do that well? She needs to teach me the ways of lawyering. There is some poor sap here in South Jersey that advertises a $399.00 fee for divorce.
$399 fee? No way that lawyer is making any money. Have to bill hourly.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her husband is a doctor. Which just tells me you should have married better to be able to dedicate your time to NFL power rankings and the like.

Mr. Kobe is the one that married well, damnit. Get it straight.