• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL IR THREAD

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
072717patsjw28.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pi-nfl-vikings-lions-dalvin-cook-injury-100117.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really has become a major problem that the league has to figure out. Again, how often did you see guys getting season-ending injuries 20 yrs ago? Nothing close to what we see now

I bet there were just as many injuries, just now everyone is more aware of them because of national TV and fantasy football. Before fewer would care if a #3 WR went out on IR unless it was your team or division. Now everyone knows and reacts. Plus there have been advances in diagnosis and understanding what continuing to play could mean for your career. Look no further than concussions for proof of that one.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet there were just as many injuries, just now everyone is more aware of them because of national TV and fantasy football. Before fewer would care if a #3 WR went out on IR unless it was your team or division. Now everyone knows and reacts. Plus there have been advances in diagnosis and understanding what continuing to play could mean for your career. Look no further than concussions for proof of that one.

nah, dudes are bigger, but same size tendons and ligaments. Top that off with guys who are wearing ridiculous cleats that literally glue your feet to the ground. I'm speaking specifically of lower body injuries, not necessarily head injuries. it's not even close to what we used to see back in the early 90's, for example.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet there were just as many injuries, just now everyone is more aware of them because of national TV and fantasy football.

No way...not even close. 30 years ago, ACL/MCL tears were career-enders for most everyone except Kellen Winslow (that I know of). That injury was a rarity itself...as I've said before...the only guys I remember hearing that injury were Kellen Winslow, Billy Simms, William Andrews, Dwight Stephenson and a Chicago cornerback in the 85 Bowl. Were there more? I'm sure...but when all of those guys saw their careers end on that injury except KW, then you know it was a freak thing.

Today? That injury is an every week routine. It's a joke, and further destroys the actual product on the field. Another is Joe Thomas' tricep injury. The bicep/tricep/pec injury that crashes your year in todays game? I can honestly say I never heard of that injury up until about a decade ago.

I'd suspect too much steroids/HGH/weightlifting.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think the 'violence' has much to do with it either. A lot of those injuries are non-contact situations....just be thankful they don't go full throttle as they did when there was no protecting the QB or 'defenseless receivers' and whatnot.

Too bad this thread wasn't started right at the beginning of the calendar year...just to see how completely ridiculous this situation has become - and how little attention it gets from the NFL.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, dudes are bigger, but same size tendons and ligaments. Top that off with guys who are wearing ridiculous cleats that literally glue your feet to the ground. I'm speaking specifically of lower body injuries, not necessarily head injuries. it's not even close to what we used to see back in the early 90's, for example.
I bet if everyone wore flat sneakers we would see leg injuries go way down.

Although the game would be sloppy as shit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way...not even close. 30 years ago, ACL/MCL tears were career-enders for most everyone except Kellen Winslow (that I know of). That injury was a rarity itself...as I've said before...the only guys I remember hearing that injury were Kellen Winslow, Billy Simms, William Andrews, Dwight Stephenson and a Chicago cornerback in the 85 Bowl. Were there more? I'm sure...but when all of those guys saw their careers end on that injury except KW, then you know it was a freak thing.

Today? That injury is an every week routine. It's a joke, and further destroys the actual product on the field. Another is Joe Thomas' tricep injury. The bicep/tricep/pec injury that crashes your year in todays game? I can honestly say I never heard of that injury up until about a decade ago.

I'd suspect too much steroids/HGH/weightlifting.
How many of the injuries are repeat injuries now where in the past they wouldn't have the chance because their career would have already been over?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of this thread is that Brandon Marshall being on the IR was called out before OBJ being on IR.

:pound: