• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL executive of the year?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This has to go to Duke Tobin. Arguably the most impactful FA signing and 1st round draft choice of the off-season.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to go to Duke Tobin. Arguably the most impactful FA signing and 1st round draft choice of the off-season.
Yeah. I've been hard on the guy in the past. But the Hendrickson signing was amazing - He was largely criticized across the league for losing a player (Lawson) that's never been close to the productivity that we got from Hendrickson this year. Also criticized for losing WJIII and replacing him with Chido and Hilton.... Jackson was horrible in Washington and our corners have been great. The Chase pick was seen as a gamble.... Etc, etc.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The criticism in the past was fair but he hit a homerun with every major decision he made this off-season.

Burrow's getting a lot of the credit in the media and rightly so. He puts them over the top and gives them any chance they have at a SB but it's a pretty strong roster top to bottom right now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick will get a double whammy. Coach and Exec of the year.

Had a great off season signing free agents and had a great draft with Jones, Barmore and Stevenson. That and he completely reversed a horrific two year fall and is back in the playoffs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick will get a double whammy. Coach and Exec of the year.

Had a great off season signing free agents and had a great draft with Jones, Barmore and Stevenson. That and he completely reversed a horrific two year fall and is back in the playoffs.
Patriots were still expected to win around 9 games. Though, I think BB did a great job, along with Mac, and other F/A - there was an expectancy of a winning season.

I saw win totals as low as 4.5 for the Bengals, though I think the final numbers were more around 5/6.

Bottom line - ZT's Bengals, along with Tobin, far exceeded the expectations set forth prior to the season by everyone outside of the organization, and likely even those inside the organization.

Regardless - great seasons by both teams.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to Hobson' explaining free agency to the Bengals fans this offseason. For years the company line was that teams don't win with free agency and we will just develop our own draft picks and comp picks. This year's D is exhibit A in how you can rebuild a until within 2 years through a mix of high, medium and low priced free agents. Reader, Hendrickson, Chido, Hilton, Bell, Ogunjobi, Hill, Apple.... We're nowhere without these guys.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to Hobson' explaining free agency to the Bengals fans this offseason. For years the company line was that teams don't win with free agency and we will just develop our own draft picks and comp picks. This year's D is exhibit A in how you can rebuild a until within 2 years through a mix of high, medium and low priced free agents. Reader, Hendrickson, Chido, Hilton, Bell, Ogunjobi, Hill, Apple.... We're nowhere without these guys.
You don't have to throw money around big time every year, but you do have to be willing to identify weak spots and be willing to upgrade - not just bargain basement hunt.

The best teams draft, develop, and then fill in where needed with F/A. You can't just sign-stop gaps in F/A and wonder why it doesn't work. That also may mean you have to consider paying market price, especially in areas of need...like OL.