• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Browns would love to believe that. Thanks again guys!

This kinda makes no sense. Neither team has an established NFL QB at this point. Had the Browns drafted Wentz, they'd be in the same position.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda makes no sense. Neither team has an established NFL QB at this point. Had the Browns drafted Wentz, they'd be in the same position.
The Browns geniusly decided to win 1 game instead of drafting Wentz:pound:.
Wentz is worlds ahead of anything you have on that roster.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns geniusly decided to win 1 game instead of drafting Wentz:pound:.
Wentz is worlds ahead of anything you have on that roster.

What the Browns have done is avoid another QB bust. Saying Wentz is ahead of anything we have is fine and likely true, but in the end it's likely that you've got about the 25th best starting QB and the Browns have the 30th. If they can finally click on the next draft, then they will have come out ahead.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Browns have done is avoid another QB bust. Saying Wentz is ahead of anything we have is fine and likely true, but in the end it's likely that you've got about the 25th best starting QB and the Browns have the 30th. If they can finally click on the next draft, then they will have come out ahead.
No, Wentz is much better than that.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Wentz is much better than that.

He has to do better than last year. Improvement is needed. The rankings are subjective but I can't see the Eagles finishing higher than 3rd.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to do better than last year. Improvement is needed. The rankings are subjective but I can't see the Eagles finishing higher than 3rd.
He will be better than last year. No reason to think he wouldn't.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummmm no. In the end the Eagles got a great QB. You can see it all ready. It takes a few years for them to develop and he has some work to do but if you log on to SI-com they had an article stating if they could have any one player in the entire NFL right now to start a team with it would be Carson Wentz. He has some mechanic issues to work on but he has superstar written all over him. He's a lock top 10 QB for the next dozen years and I think he's gonna wind up being a top 5 guy in the league.
25th best QB. thats ludicrous. Yeah, and Joe Thomas is the 26th best LT in the league.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm no. In the end the Eagles got a great QB. You can see it all ready. It takes a few years for them to develop and he has some work to do but if you log on to SI-com they had an article stating if they could have any one player in the entire NFL right now to start a team with it would be Carson Wentz. He has some mechanic issues to work on but he has superstar written all over him. He's a lock top 10 QB for the next dozen years and I think he's gonna wind up being a top 5 guy in the league.
25th best QB. thats ludicrous. Yeah, and Joe Thomas is the 26th best LT in the league.

Ok well we'll see what happens as the season progresses. I don't agree with the one player to start a team being Carson Wentz. I might take Derek Carr or Dak Prescott, but let's see how it plays out this year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well we'll see what happens as the season progresses. I don't agree with the one player to start a team being Carson Wentz. I might take Derek Carr or Dak Prescott, but let's see how it plays out this year.

Just about every ranking I've seen has Wentz ahead of Dak. He's gonna be a superstar. But, I agree. YOu have to see how the Browns picks work out before you criticize them

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be with you on Carr pre-injury.

Hopefully he'll be just fine and remain at the form he was at and will keep getting better.

Kid has a chance to be one of the greats. He certainly has the tools.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about every ranking I've seen has Wentz ahead of Dak. He's gonna be a superstar. But, I agree. YOu have to see how the Browns picks work out before you criticize them

Can't see Wentz ahead of Dak at this moment. BTW, who are your 2 wr and your main RB?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to name any of them great yet. I prefer to see at least 2 sometimes 3 before I label a QB. Carr looks legit, Dak and Wentz both impressed, but I need to see more. Right now they're just potential.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to name any of them great yet. I prefer to see at least 2 sometimes 3 before I label a QB. Carr looks legit, Dak and Wentz both impressed, but I need to see more. Right now they're just potential.

That I agree with you.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to regret this, because I don't want to deal with you, but what rankings have Wentz over Dak?

Please don't tell me you're using last seasons draft mags.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles could very well win the division.

Everybody downplaying Wentz based on last season needs to take a number of things into account:

- Wentz only learned he would be a starter a week before the season began, IIRC even after the final preaseason game.
- Wentz had few if any legit weapons. The worst WR corps in the league by miles, and arguably one of the worst for the past decade, which has been replaced by what seems to be a legit WR corps.
- Wentz did not have the support of a legit running game. Mathews was in-and-out with injuries.
- Instability on the O-line due to injuries and suspensions.

Further, the Eagles D has seemingly vastly improved. The D-line, already one of the best in the league has been upgraded, and the dismal CB-group has been completely revamped, and upgraded as well, especially after the Darby trade. The best CB last season was Malcolm Jenkins (and it was not even close), which killed the Eagles once Brooks went down with injury. Jenkins had to play slot CB. Things this season seem to be a lot better this year.

And last season the Eagles were a better team than their record indicated.

For the rest of the division:

Cowboys: Unlike Wentz - Prescott has to carry the team. Dallas has taken some hits in free agency, Zeke Elliot will be missed and might not be as good as last year anyway (due to use). And the suspensions could come back to haunt them.

Giants: Still no legitimate O-line.

Redskins: How will their WR corps be this year? And who knows what the fall-out of the sole effective GM they have had in the Sneider era will be. Also, Cousins record against legitimately good teams is a actually atrocious. He has few is any wins against teams with a winning record (over a full season).

The thing is, it will probably be close, as usual.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles could very well win the division.

Everybody downplaying Wentz based on last season needs to take a number of things into account:

- Wentz only learned he would be a starter a week before the season began, IIRC even after the final preaseason game.
- Wentz had few if any legit weapons. The worst WR corps in the league by miles, and arguably one of the worst for the past decade, which has been replaced by what seems to be a legit WR corps.
- Wentz did not have the support of a legit running game. Mathews was in-and-out with injuries.
- Instability on the O-line due to injuries and suspensions.

Further, the Eagles D has seemingly vastly improved. The D-line, already one of the best in the league has been upgraded, and the dismal CB-group has been completely revamped, and upgraded as well, especially after the Darby trade. The best CB last season was Malcolm Jenkins (and it was not even close), which killed the Eagles once Brooks went down with injury. Jenkins had to play slot CB. Things this season seem to be a lot better this year.

And last season the Eagles were a better team than their record indicated.

For the rest of the division:

Cowboys: Unlike Wentz - Prescott has to carry the team. Dallas has taken some hits in free agency, Zeke Elliot will be missed and might not be as good as last year anyway (due to use). And the suspensions could come back to haunt them.

Giants: Still no legitimate O-line.

Redskins: How will their WR corps be this year? And who knows what the fall-out of the sole effective GM they have had in the Sneider era will be. Also, Cousins record against legitimately good teams is a actually atrocious. He has few is any wins against teams with a winning record (over a full season).

The thing is, it will probably be close, as usual.

I have to ask, how is it that Prescott will have to carry the Cowboys, but Wentz wont have to carry the Eagles? I think Darren Mcfadden and to a lesser extent, Alfred Morris is probably better than what the Eagles offer at RB, and those guys are Dallas backups....Im hearing buzz Blount could be flat out released......

I think Wentz could be good but the hype is getting way out of control for a guy that threw one more TD than INT last season....

I think Dak is pretty awesome, he has the look of a QB that belongs, always plays under control, never looks like he isnt in complete control........Wentz to me needs to play less with his hair on fire like last season, too many ill advised throws and runs from the pocket

Eagles could win the division, I wont argue that, its the toughest division in the NFL to predict, but Im taking Dak on my team over Wentz for the next decade based on what ive seen so far

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak is upright, I pick the Cowboys. Guy is just unbelievable. It's interesting how every young player in the league is given the leeway that he is young and he'll get better, but Dak for some reason is expected to be worse. I don't know for sure what will happen, but win or lose I will enjoy the ride and watching the season unfold. Love the NFL and Go Cowboys...