• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newsome/O'Cain/Stinespring/Beamer should be fired thread

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I wasnt so worried about the 2013 class, I would want everyone but some key pieces on defense to go

Can't even wear a viriginia tech shirt on casual friday today

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasnt so worried about the 2013 class, I would want everyone but some key pieces on defense to go

Can't even wear a viriginia tech shirt on casual friday today

That would be a small price to pay, and it might even help 2014 recruiting.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I like that article. I really do have faith in Logan Thomas. I don't know what happened to his accuracy, but he has great potential.

There is no question that VT needs better offensive line execution. I would expect our second string to hold up better than this line is. It may be coaching, or recruiting, or both, but it needs to be fixed.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Tech is a play or two away is false. Cracks have formed in the foundation. Things Tech used to do so well -- power running game, sure tackling, great special teams -- have been maddeningly inconsistent this year, as Thursday's game underscored once again.

This is exactly what I have been saying this year to my friends. If you think we're 'just 2 or 3 plays away,' you're delusional. This team sucks. And the coaching staff sucks. The recruiting and attrition have been very, very bad the last couple of years and has gotten to this point. Without Tyrod, or Ryan Williams, or David Wilson, or Danny Coale to carry our offense, the shitforbrains offensive coaching staff has finally been exposed. Winning 10 games in a piss poor ACC and losing EVERY SINGLE big game we're in should have triggered some something... Beamer is starting to look more and more like Bowden, riding out with his friends, not really giving a fuck. I thought it would be a long time before we were in a must win game against UVA just to make a bowl, but with the way we're playing on the road, I wouldn't be that we win at BC. It's not like it would be the first time.
Fuck this season.

/rant

edit: rant back on. What the fuck was the deal with 'we're narrowing down the carries in practice'??? Obviously a blatant lie. Holmes getting '5% of the carries in practice' didn't exactly translate to the game. Who's dog did JC kick to not get any carries? ok, now I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few times JC did get some carries he actually looked pretty good too. We just do not know to effectively use the talent we have. I have been saying for WEEKS now to my friends line up JC so LT can straight up pitch him the ball to the outside. The 1-2 times we have done that we have had 10 yard gains...Damnit, I need to stop reading these posts. I just get more and more bitter...

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only staff members from the offense that we should keep would be shane (maybe make him special teams coach), stiney (oline coach), and sherman (keep at receivers coach)

and i think beamer might retire at seasons end. he looks worn out and he has to realize whatever he is doing isnt working anymore

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to blame the playcalling but I see it more was a core problem with our offense. Players are not executing and making mistakes that bite us. This is more worrying than bad playcalling. It means that there is a disconnect from our offense staff to our players or the coaches just are not paying attention to details when coaching the players.

This seems more like a coaching problem than a play calling problem.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only staff members from the offense that we should keep would be shane (maybe make him special teams coach), stiney (oline coach), and sherman (keep at receivers coach)

and i think beamer might retire at seasons end. he looks worn out and he has to realize whatever he is doing isnt working anymore

I am cool with Shane staying as RBs coach and Sherman staying as WRs coach, but if Stiney is to stay (and I would prefer if he did for recruiting purposes) I would only keep him as the TEs coach. I don't want him to have any input into the playcalling and I would like to have our new OL coach work with our new OC/QB coach as the run game coordinator like most big schools are doing now.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree with all of that and I hope you're right about Beamer. This sounds mean but I really want him to suffer for what he's allowed to happen. I'm rooting for the players but I hope Beamer is taking every loss hard. VT fans have had to endure his shitty offense for years and while he's been happy and comfortable with his buddies and his 10 wins in a crap conference, we've had to suffer. At least I have. I've been in the group that has complained about Stinespring almost since the beginning. I'm fine with a ball control offense but there are ways to make it efficient and productive. Stinespring and O'Cain are incapable of that. If he can't make himself do the right thing and at least make one major change in the off season, then he needs to go. I can't wait for the season to end just to see what he's going to do.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that and I hope you're right about Beamer. This sounds mean but I really want him to suffer for what he's allowed to happen. I'm rooting for the players but I hope Beamer is taking every loss hard. VT fans have had to endure his shitty offense for years and while he's been happy and comfortable with his buddies and his 10 wins in a crap conference, we've had to suffer. At least I have. I've been in the group that has complained about Stinespring almost since the beginning. I'm fine with a ball control offense but there are ways to make it efficient and productive. Stinespring and O'Cain are incapable of that. If he can't make himself do the right thing and at least make one major change in the off season, then he needs to go. I can't wait for the season to end just to see what he's going to do.

:deadhorse:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with all of that and I hope you're right about Beamer. This sounds mean but I really want him to suffer for what he's allowed to happen. I'm rooting for the players but I hope Beamer is taking every loss hard. VT fans have had to endure his shitty offense for years and while he's been happy and comfortable with his buddies and his 10 wins in a crap conference, we've had to suffer. At least I have

Bahaha...you're such a melodramatic little girl fooz

First off..show the man that built lane a little respect man...he hasn't brought us an Mac, it hasn't always been pretty, but respect what he's accomplished in the past quarter century with a loss less money and recruiting prowess

Second...go to the saber...talk to Jeffro..then you'll know what real cfb suffering is.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I know I keep saying the same things but it feels good to vent. Beamer does nothing but I will get my kicks talking about it. No I won't show Beamer respect. He's gotten what he's wanted to the detriment of everyone else. Less recruiting prowess? Yeah a lot of that has to do with who he's got on his staff. Why would you want to play for Stinespring, Newsome, or O'Cain? They add nothing

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah a lot of that has to do with who he's got on his staff. Why would you want to play for Stinespring, Newsome, or O'Cain? They add nothing

Disagree about stiney because it has been said over and over again about how much guys like him and like to play for him, he seems to be a real 'players coach'. I could go either way with ocain, but you are 100% correct about Newsome imo.

I posted on here a long while back about how i feel we are in a hole with OL both in development and recruiting and I dont see how it can get better with Newsome. The way i see it we continue to produce lack luster offensive lines which in turn attracts less and less talent at the position. Continue on that pattern and the hole starts to dig itself. With the reputation Newsome and his OL's have created I dont see anyway possible we land any elite linemen unless they are local or have direct ties to VT. When you cant land elite talent and you cant develop the guys can get you end up.... Well i guess you end up where we are right now.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Players want to play in Stinespring's snazzy offense?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What percentage of the time does VT run out of a 2 TE set and what percentage do they pass it? I'm just wondering if it's a dead giveaway what they're about to do and if the coaches are operating under the delusion that they can afford to be predictable even with that setup

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been told by players first hand that they think stiney is a dick, not a good coach, and only on the staff because of the good ole boy system that we run at VT. Tell me that doesnt hurt with recruiting when these players go back to their hometowns/areas....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ive been told by players first hand that they think stiney is a dick, not a good coach, and only on the staff because of the good ole boy system that we run at VT. Tell me that doesnt hurt with recruiting when these players go back to their hometowns/areas....

Really??? i guess it just depends on who you know because I've been told the exact opposite from guys who recently left the team and some that are still there.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is offensive and defensive players feel very differently about him