• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to reiterate my stance that folks need to quit listening to fantasy "experts" for draft advice. Half of them dont know fantasy much less true talent evaluation. Every year the media has most of the draft wrong.
Just like most "experts" they make bold predictions and are usually wrong. It's not always this black and white but looking back at my stance on CEH it made sense he really didn't work out. There was nothing special about the kid.

I am still shocked people were actually taking him top 5-10 and thought it was a good pick. It didn't make sense, even after year one they were defending a pick where he was still overrated even while putting up good numbers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to reiterate my stance that folks need to quit listening to fantasy "experts" for draft advice. Half of them dont know fantasy much less true talent evaluation. Every year the media has most of the draft wrong.
Honestly just worth using the eyeball test on a lot of this. Not a lot of shortcuts you can take because content creators are just trying to create content. CEH coming out of the draft was even RB1 for a few people (Brett Kollman and Chris Simms, IIRC)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly just worth using the eyeball test on a lot of this. Not a lot of shortcuts you can take because content creators are just trying to create content. CEH coming out of the draft was even RB1 for a few people (Brett Kollman and Chris Simms, IIRC)
He was with simms iirc as well. I question simms alot. He has great analysis. But yearly, he has a group of guys that he buys the rest of the media hype. You are absolutely correct. But folks dont have the eye. Most often, myself included. Look at all the CHE love, the malik willis love last year, dear god.......the lance love, the list goes on and on and on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like most "experts" they make bold predictions and are usually wrong. It's not always this black and white but looking back at my stance on CEH it made sense he really didn't work out. There was nothing special about the kid.

I am still shocked people were actually taking him top 5-10 and thought it was a good pick. It didn't make sense, even after year one they were defending a pick where he was still overrated even while putting up good numbers.
I think for me its more they're actual analysis. They dont know anymore than me quite often, which isnt much. Its not black and white, I totally agree. But there are some things....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was with simms iirc as well. I question simms alot. He has great analysis. But yearly, he has a group of guys that he buys the rest of the media hype. You are absolutely correct. But folks dont have the eye. Most often, myself included. Look at all the CHE love, the malik willis love last year, dear god.......the lance love, the list goes on and on and on.
Yeah I didn't get the Lance love either...just one of those stances that didn't make sense. He did nothing to prove he could be a top QB...he did nothing to prove he was a Starting QB.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most "experts" they make bold predictions and are usually wrong
Years ago FantasyPros used to assign a percentage to the experts rankings. Rarely was an expert over 60%. The best ones were upper 50s.

They have since stopped assigning a percentage. Now they just list "the most accurate" ones.

And these are guys with NFL connections and privileged intell. And they are roughly 50% or half right? Disgraceful. Pitiful.

I'll take my own chances.