• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Stadium in 2017

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the big JEBUS billboard off 29 near Bethlehem?
s'always been one of the fun traditions driving to Athens for everybody in the car to yell "JEBUS" when we pass that billboard.

probably, i know there's a huge one of Buck Belue as you get into Statham from 316

Bethlehem is roughly 10 miles from US 29 and hwy 316

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care either way. I think its sort of dumb to leave Turner after such a short time though. I also think its total bullshit that they're getting public funding to build the new stadium though

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care either way. I think its sort of dumb to leave Turner after such a short time though. I also think its total bullshit that they're getting public funding to build the new stadium though

Who's funding them? I know it's not the city of Atlanta or fulton county...those guys are pissed

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if you know the demograph of the Atl metro area, but Cobb county is the baseball capital of Georgia. the location caters alot more to the middle and upper class of Cobb, North Fulton, Forsyth, and Cherokee counties...a class that was practically non-existent in South Fulton, North Clayton, and SW Dekalb.

To me its a statement that the owner wants to build where he can get the most fan support in town

I think this was the Braves not falling for more promises.

ATL made a lot of promises about revitalizing the area around TF with a MUD, including moderately priced real estate. Then all sorts of stuff hit the fan including the economy, major infrastructure projects (such as the billion $ sewer / stormwater project) that took the city focus away from that promise.

20 years and several administrations later, nothing was done...the Braves decided they would have a plan B when this lease was coming up for renewal...Cobb county was plan B.

Can't blame the Braves...TF was not a bad place to watch a ball game, but when you have 81 home games, getting to and from the game can't be a deterrent and I know it was coming down from Gwinnett...I've turned down more free tickets to Braves than any other team solely because it's 5 hr trek everytime I go.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame the Braves...TF was not a bad place to watch a ball game, but when you have 81 home games, getting to and from the game can't be a deterrent and I know it was coming down from Gwinnett...I've turned down more free tickets to Braves than any other team solely because it's 5 hr trek everytime I go.

Wow...5 hr from Gwinnett? Was that 2.5 hours each way? That's crazy.

I recently went to some Braves games and stayed at Alpharetta. I took me 1.5 hours to get from Alpharetta to Turner Field. Traffic on I-75/I-85 was really busy. Next time, I might just stay at the zoo until game time since they are close to each other. It beats fighting the traffic.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...5 hr from Gwinnett? Was that 2.5 hours each way? That's crazy.

I recently went to some Braves games and stayed at Alpharetta. I took me 1.5 hours to get from Alpharetta to Turner Field. Traffic on I-75/I-85 was really busy. Next time, I might just stay at the zoo until game time since they are close to each other. It beats fighting the traffic.

that's a bit exaggerated, from lawrenceville its an 1.5 hours getting down there and maybe on hour getting back

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that the new ballpark will be smaller. Hope the ERA doesnt go up. Turner Field is the ultimate pitcher's ballpark

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smaller capacity not dimensions necessarily.....

Oh ok, well that sounds good because I dont want it to be a HR hitter's paradise. I prefer a big ballpark where u have to earn it.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we'll actually get out of the first round in the digs?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cobb county commissioners voted 4-1 FOR the move (and $300 million taxpayer funding) last night.

should we start calling them the Cobb County Braves now? Far's I can tell, the new site seems to be unincorporated...borders Smyrna...so they won't be the Smyrna Braves. Will Atlanta sue for name piracy? (I wouldn't put it past them to try.)

:L