• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Backs Getting a New Stadium?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-backs, Maricopa County Reportedly Reach Agreement Regarding Stadium Lease

The Diamondbacks and Maricopa County have reached a preliminary agreement allowing the team to immediately begin searching for construction sites on a new stadium, reports Rebekah L. Sanders of the Arizona Republic. The agreement comes under the condition that the D-backs drop a preexisting $187MM lawsuit against the county that was brought forth in early 2017 after club ownership alleged that the County had neglected to abide by contractually agreed upon maintenance and repair obligations.

Per Sanders, the new agreement would allow the D-backs to leave Chase Field in 2022, five years before the end of the initial 30-year lease, if the proposed construction site is in Maricopa County. Leaving Arizona of their own accord would require the organization to pay $5-25MM worth of penalty fees, though the agreement allows the D-backs to leave the state free of penalty if relocation is mandated by Major League Baseball. County chairman Steve Chucri tells Sanders that the County would likely bring forth a new lawsuit against MLB in that scenario, though he also emphasizes that such a scenario is “incredibly unlikely.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say fuck these teams wanting new parks every 10 years

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that the stadium where a monsoon rained down through their retractable roof?

STP>>>>>>>Turner Field ever was if for nothing more than location.

I'm sure the Dbacks new stadium will be >>>> Chase Field.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are some of these teams getting new ballparks without having old parks and yet the Rays and A's are having so much trouble finding a new one? I know Tampa's isn't even that old either, but still.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Chase Field though? Neglect (see leaking roof in 2015)?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New stadium needs a swimming pool . Just like the one they have now. So. When Dodgers knock out d backs in play offs. Dodgers can jump in pool and laugh at d backs..like in 2013

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks could stand a new stadium, but that shithole in Boston and that eyesore in Los Angeles(for the NL team) should be replaced, or at least renovated. Wrigley Field was in the "needs to be imploded" category before the renovation.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stadium is 20 years old. They aren't 100% going to look for a new place. They will look to stay at Chase field and see if its worth putting money into it rather then moving. This doesn't mean its a for sure thing they are going to move to a new stadium. I honestly hope the don't and continue improving Chase Field. Love that place.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stadium is 20 years old. They aren't 100% going to look for a new place. They will look to stay at Chase field and see if its worth putting money into it rather then moving. This doesn't mean its a for sure thing they are going to move to a new stadium. I honestly hope the don't and continue improving Chase Field. Love that place.
Chase field is a good park in a great location. I couldn't see anywhere other than Copper Square.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase field is a good park in a great location. I couldn't see anywhere other than Copper Square.

From a fan's prospective, its an awesome stadium. Its a nice 78 degrees on the inside when its 101 on the outside. It has great space between each seat, great views from everywhere, a state of the art big screen. Not sure why they are even thinking of moving. It's in downtown and a great location. Unless the place is about to come crashing down, why move?