• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills new stadium now "official"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. You want to play hardball when your team is always among the rumored teams to move, whether to Toronto or elsewhere. Wrong.

Politicians waste our money every day. Spending it on keeping the Bills in Buffalo while giving the fans a better place to watch the games and outdoor concerts etc is a better option than most.
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Rochester has more to fix than the rats!

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the latest on the stadium. If I was still a season ticket holder, this would concern me:
=wkbw said:
The demolition of the current stadium, and construction of new parking on the site is expected to take 6 to 8 months. While that process is taking place there is the expectation that parking will be temporarily impacted during construction which could include the first season at the new stadium. Options and alternatives will be looked at as the process moves forward.
IOW, "the plan" is for the parking to be where the old stadium is now, and they haven't figured out where everybody is going to park before it gets torn down.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Rochester has more to fix than the rats!

You completely ignored the "Rochester voted best pizza city" note, lol.

Rochester recently got rid of a very unpopular mayor who reacted very poorly to the BLM movement and a controversial death with police involvement. Still ranked top 5 best places to live in NY in a different poll and has historically placed well country-wide, plus these:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the latest on the stadium. If I was still a season ticket holder, this would concern me:
IOW, "the plan" is for the parking to be where the old stadium is now, and they haven't figured out where everybody is going to park before it gets torn down.

My brother is a season ticket holder, but I doubt that extends to the new stadium. Seat licensing is too expensive.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely ignored the "Rochester voted best place for shopson67 to live......

Rochester recently got rid of a very unpopular mayor who reacted very poorly to the BLM movement and a controversial death with police involvement. Still ranked top 5 best places to live in Hell in a different poll and has historically placed well away from civilization.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely ignored the "Rochester voted best pizza city" note, lol.

Rochester recently got rid of a very unpopular mayor who reacted very poorly to the BLM movement and a controversial death with police involvement. Still ranked top 5 best places to live in NY in a different poll and has historically placed well country-wide, plus these:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they are limiting capacity but wonder if that means they will have more standing room tickets..
Good point.

I thought all new NFL Stadiums had to have 75,000 seats?

Gad, colleges are building 100,000 seat stadiums.

Toronto was offering them a free stadium. Surprised that didn't get more free spending for huge, modern stadium. Then again, New York doesn't have a lot of extra revenue.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand the difference between Rochester and NYC I see. 330 miles apart, or 100 miles further from NYC than Boston is.
You could be closer to downtown than the prison but if you are on the wrong side of the bars it is irrelevant!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand the difference between Rochester and NYC
Rochester us very clean. Has a great Div. II School. The football team is part of the Medical School. Football team all live on the third and fourth floor of a medical building. My grandson almost went there. Couldn't afford it on a half scholarship.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

I thought all new NFL Stadiums had to have 75,000 seats?

Gad, colleges are building 100,000 seat stadiums.

Toronto was offering them a free stadium. Surprised that didn't get more free spending for huge, modern stadium. Then again, New York doesn't have a lot of extra revenue.
It wouldn't surprise me if a basic requirement for a new stadium to host a Super Bowl was minimum 75,000 capacity.

Of course, that's not an issue with Buffalo; the area doesn't have the infrastructure to support an event like that.

IIRC the capacity of the new stadium is a few thousand less than the current capacity. With the addition of PSLs and higher ticket prices, they'll probably lose some season ticket holders and general purchases.

The owners got more public money than most people ever expected them to get - $600 million from the state and $250 million from the county.
By comparison, the county's annual budget is less than $2 million.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modified this a bit based on what I've seen down here

Fair-weather cities need domes to keep the corporate executive fans comfortable.
The Rams have a dome, (with air-conditioning), to keep San Francisco 49ers fans comfortable.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rochester us very clean. Has a great Div. II School. The football team is part of the Medical School. Football team all live on the third and fourth floor of a medical building. My grandson almost went there. Couldn't afford it on a half scholarship.
1) Everything in New York sucks but the pizza.
2) Rochester is better than NYC - but
3) See #1