• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Charlotte knights triple A team prevent the city from getting a MLB team?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the knights are doing very well in the city and is selling out attendance in the past few years. But with the success of the triple A team since a new stadium built in 2014 not that old a bad thing for the Queen City not to get a MLB franchise? Since their is no room to put an MLB team now? Unless their is room in the suburbs what Atlanta did since they are playing in Cobb County now just out ATL.

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the knights are doing very well in the city and is selling out attendance in the past few years. But with the success of the triple A team since a new stadium built in 2014 not that old a bad thing for the Queen City not to get a MLB franchise? Since their is no room to put an MLB team now? Unless their is room in the suburbs what Atlanta did since they are playing in Cobb County now just outside ATL. I guess Montreal and Portland are favorites over Charlotte getting an MLB team and Raleigh even has a site to bring pro baseball to their city. So is Charlotte out most definitely because of their AAA team?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that that could cause an issue, same for Nashville as they are in basically the exact same situation. But despite those issues I feel like if MLB really wanted to put teams there then they'd find a way.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the knights are doing very well in the city and is selling out attendance in the past few years. But with the success of the triple A team since a new stadium built in 2014 not that old a bad thing for the Queen City not to get a MLB franchise? Since their is no room to put an MLB team now? Unless their is room in the suburbs what Atlanta did since they are playing in Cobb County now just out ATL.

I don't know if Charlotte can support TWO teams, as they don't have the same population at Atlanta.

We have a team in Cobb, and another in Gwinnett. But we are also a much larger city spanning a lot of area.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure a team moving to Charlotte or Nashville would require the Braves blessing, and if so, I hope we don’t budge

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pawsox are moving to worcester soon. just broke ground. worcester is STILL owed an MLB franchise according to mlb's own words, but they'll never get it, because of the sox (theres a distance rule). shit, the first perfect game in mlb history was pitched there. they were also the first mlb team to play in cuba.

Worcester Worcesters - Wikipedia

In December 1879, Worcester became the first professional baseball team to visit Cuba. The trip was a financial failure, as they were only able to play two games against Cuban teams.

On June 12, 1880, pitcher Lee Richmond threw the first perfect game in Major League history, against the Cleveland Blues. The team made history again on August 20 of the same year by becoming the first team to be no-hit at home, when Pud Galvin of the Buffalo Bisons defeated them 1-0.

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so will a triple aaa team cause the city of charlotte not to get a MLB team or if their is a possibility of putting a MLB club at the old Eastland mall section of Charlotte,NC I believe it’s uptown Charlotte I could be wrong. But with the KNIGHTS having breakout attendance records the past few years does’nt increase Charlotte’s chances of getting a team? You think Nashville’s chances are much greater than Charlotte in terms of the MLB coming to either city?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knights' ballpark is located right behind Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte

Really don't want another baseball team located in the south.

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Charlotte should never be a choice for Major League Baseball since the Charlotte knights are already their. No need for more baseball? If so then you think other cities like Vegas, Portland, Montreal are more likely?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knights' ballpark is located right behind Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte

Really don't want another baseball team located in the south.
So you don’t want another Major League Baseball team in the south period not even Nashville?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Charlotte should never be a choice for Major League Baseball since the Charlotte knights are already their. No need for more baseball? If so then you think other cities like Vegas, Portland, Montreal are more likely?

Vegas is not not ever will be a destination city for a MLB franchise.