• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Schnieder, i trust the guy for most of the game.

Its when its under 5 to play left in the game i hold my breathe.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, losing Larsson does not help in that department.
But I still make that same trade any day.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Solid game after that tough loss to Chicago.
Kalinin with a strong game. Henrique was very good too.
These are the games we need from Severson.

My only complaint on Saturday was the Devils and the empty net. I think they must be the worst team when the goalie is pulled. It was well over 3 minutes.

i agree with the empty net. i wonder though how many other teams feel the same way about their teams and empty net goals lol. that being said i wonder why teams dont pull the goalie earlier! its really a strange and funny thing to watch.

a team down a goal and a man will pull their goalie 5on5 play and pin the other team in their zone. wheres that urgency/hustle/pressure all game long?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils struggle to clear their end 5 on 5, let alone the other team having a man advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams pull their goalie early against us.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea they do struggle late protecting leads and clearing 5 on 5. What is weird is that they are pretty good when it comes to penalty killing. I know Cory is a factor but overall, penalty killing is a strength.

Saturday, with the empty net, I look at it as just get one shot on goal in the last 3 minutes. Just one. that would have iced the game. Its like they change their style with the goalie pulled.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT - Montreal remains somewhat undefeated, hahaha how did that work out for them last year?

and Edmonton best in the West... well look at that...... any complaints still Oilers fans?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT - Montreal remains somewhat undefeated, hahaha how did that work out for them last year?

and Edmonton best in the West... well look at that...... any complaints still Oilers fans?
Im still not impressed with cammy. He seemed to hesitate on the breakaway. And I agree with @rp2five this team needs to learn to close games out.

Zacha is still impressing me. And Aivitu has been a gem imo. You have to hope sooner or later they generate more attack. And some more of these quality chances start finding the back of the net

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still not impressed with cammy. He seemed to hesitate on the breakaway. And I agree with @rp2five this team needs to learn to close games out.

Zacha is still impressing me. And Aivitu has been a gem imo. You have to hope sooner or later they generate more attack. And some more of these quality chances start finding the back of the net
Cammy, O Cammy....... we're waiting for ya bud!!!!!

still early in the season but of course, winning n scoring goals don't come too often these days for Devils' fans.

Hope he can solve his mental problems, its got it be mental for him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cammy, O Cammy....... we're waiting for ya bud!!!!!

still early in the season but of course, winning n scoring goals don't come too often these days for Devils' fans.

Hope he can solve his mental problems, its got it be mental for him.
I cant be sure and I know breakaways happen so fast. But it seemed like he was fighting himself more than the goalie. I know they said he was trying to open the 5 hole. It looked to me he made to many moves and couldn't get the puck up.The short side of the net was open

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant be sure and I know breakaways happen so fast. But it seemed like he was fighting himself more than the goalie. I know they said he was trying to open the 5 hole. It looked to me he made to many moves and couldn't get the puck up.The short side of the net was open
Reading that Hynes is mixing around the lines(again? keep it to one!) and moved Cam to RW with Hall....

who knows that'll be a new line or something to experiment with during the game(i believe the TB game had that look too)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that Hynes is mixing around the lines(again? keep it to one!) and moved Cam to RW with Hall....

who knows that'll be a new line or something to experiment with during the game(i believe the TB game had that look too)
I agree the mix and match lines remind me way too much of the old days. I think it was Deboer that did that non stop. Preseason is for playing with lines i. At this point give them time let players develop chemistry imo.If anything scratch Cammy for a game at most.See if that gets him back on his game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the mix and match lines remind me way too much of the old days. I think it was Deboer that did that non stop. Preseason is for playing with lines i. At this point give them time let players develop chemistry imo.If anything scratch Cammy for a game at most.See if that gets him back on his game
Boucher has been scratch for less.... Cammy needs a good sitting, just a breathe of fresh air, look at it from a perspective.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher has been scratch for less.... Cammy needs a good sitting, just a breathe of fresh air, look at it from a perspective.
I agree I think mixing lines is not a productive action. It seems to me giving a player like Boosh a game while sitting Cammy would be the first step. It may wake Cammy up. We may see Boush catch fire. Which if thats the case maybe move Cammy for another piece. Either way I am all for what puts the best team on the ice. Ive never been a fan of mixing lines.I have always believed it stunts growth and chemistry.And Cammy does still look lost like he's missing his edge.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think mixing lines is not a productive action. It seems to me giving a player like Boosh a game while sitting Cammy would be the first step. It may wake Cammy up. We may see Boush catch fire. Which if thats the case maybe move Cammy for another piece. Either way I am all for what puts the best team on the ice. Ive never been a fan of mixing lines.I have always believed it stunts growth and chemistry.And Cammy does still look lost like he's missing his edge.
Boucher played well last season, no reason why he couldn't do so now..... Cammy, for his vet experience, has been given ample opportunity.

If Cam is moved, its not like we'd miss him, so far he hasn't put on a legit impact on the ice.

As long as Hall n Zacha are together(Zajac is ok too) in the first, i'm happy.

Idk about you but i will not stand for someone like Cam to stay on the line/roster given his current play when Elias returns to health again... ya yaaa i'm still pro Elias to the devils.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher played well last season, no reason why he couldn't do so now..... Cammy, for his vet experience, has been given ample opportunity.

If Cam is moved, its not like we'd miss him, so far he hasn't put on a legit impact on the ice.

As long as Hall n Zacha are together(Zajac is ok too) in the first, i'm happy.

Idk about you but i will not stand for someone like Cam to stay on the line/roster given his current play when Elias returns to health again... ya yaaa i'm still pro Elias to the devils.
I like mammy but I definitely see what everyone else seems to see. He looks like he is seriously off his game. He's been very indecisive this season. With the play of Zacha and the quality young players in the system. As well as Hall and the rest of the team. If he doesn't snap ut of this funk. He is expendable. If it hits that point. A change of scenery may do him well. And it could possibly benefit the devils. If they find the right trade partner .

I am hoping he wakes up tho .Zacha has exceeded my expectations. Which wasn't hard to do when they were already high. And I like what boost has brought to the team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like mammy but I definitely see what everyone else seems to see. He looks like he is seriously off his game. He's been very indecisive this season. With the play of Zacha and the quality young players in the system. As well as Hall and the rest of the team. If he doesn't snap ut of this funk. He is expendable. If it hits that point. A change of scenery may do him well. And it could possibly benefit the devils. If they find the right trade partner .

I am hoping he wakes up tho .Zacha has exceeded my expectations. Which wasn't hard to do when they were already high. And I like what boost has brought to the team.
That's the best part. After watching the Florida game, i did feel like the team overall wasn't hungry nor excited yet... Zacha is changing that perception and has been playing like he wants it.

Definitely uplifting. Hate to see the team so lull or dull so early into the season as if they were waiting for the playoffs. Got to play n earn it. Work hard!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the best part. After watching the Florida game, i did feel like the team overall wasn't hungry nor excited yet... Zacha is changing that perception and has been playing like he wants it.

Definitely uplifting. Hate to see the team so lull or dull so early into the season as if they were waiting for the playoffs. Got to play n earn it. Work hard!
One great thing Shero had brought to this team .Is the youth . Hall changed the complexion quite a bit. But the forwards in the system right now are amazing. Zach is a beast imo. And thats not even including guys like Boosh,Blandisi,JQ etc...And players like Mcleod,Bastian etc on the horizon. There aren't many guaranteed spots on this team. And players can be moved. There is a lot of potential to trade or at the least raise the competion levels. In regards to players who are not performing .

And Schneider has been a rock again so far

Status
Not open for further replies.