• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils Ongoing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boucher is still young, but I do hope he can find some consistency and stay in the NHL lineup. I don't expect 50 goals from him. But do expect him to make the team and hopefully stay at the NHL level.
Definitely want to see what Kalinin can do in the NHL. He has skill. He also can play center.

Besides these guys, we should see a lot more playing time to guys like like JJ. Adding Palmieri adds speed and he will have more opportunity here compared to the Ducks. I was there 2 seasons ago when he scored the game winner in OT against us.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With Shero saying that he won't sign Gomez etc, I don't think he is anywhere near done with adding potential players via trade or FA, RFA. The Palmieri deal was something he was eyeing for weeks he mentioned. I think he has some other ideas to replace some of these guys, not just by adding who we had in the minors last season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Shero saying that he won't sign Gomez etc, I don't think he is anywhere near done with adding potential players via trade or FA, RFA. The Palmieri deal was something he was eyeing for weeks he mentioned. I think he has some other ideas to replace some of these guys, not just by adding who we had in the minors last season.

He also mentioned letting Bernier go is basically to clear a path for Matteau to fill that role.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
team is "set" down the middle. they need to add another winger ideally someone cheap and with upside.

brian boucher and stephane meattue will get legit shots this year which i like. after shero let these guys go i really do believe that this is elias last year with the devils. by end of this season the team will go from the oldest to one of the youngest in the nhl. hopefully this "rebuild" doesn't waste cory's prime years

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
team is "set" down the middle. they need to add another winger ideally someone cheap and with upside.

brian boucher and stephane meattue will get legit shots this year which i like. after shero let these guys go i really do believe that this is elias last year with the devils. by end of this season the team will go from the oldest to one of the youngest in the nhl. hopefully this "rebuild" doesn't waste cory's prime years

Since Elias isn't one of Shero's guys, it wouldn't shock me if he were dealt to a contender at the deadline assuming he's still halfway productive and we don't have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A bit surprised, yes. I think their fans are surprised too.
Hagelin was a very fast skater, but I thought his hockey IQ was rather poor. One of the more stupid players I watched but again, his speed made up for that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a matter of finances, I doubt the Rangers had the room to bring him and all the other RFAs back. I believe they have about $10 million to sign Stepan, JT Miller, Etem and Fast.

Semin being bought out by Carolina, worth taking a flyer on him?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saw the news on Semin. Don't think Shero will even show interest.
Weren't the Devils one of the finalists for Semin after Parise departed? Glad we lost that battle.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a matter of finances, I doubt the Rangers had the room to bring him and all the other RFAs back. I believe they have about $10 million to sign Stepan, JT Miller, Etem and Fast.

Semin being bought out by Carolina, worth taking a flyer on him?
NFW

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency starts today. If I had to guess I actually don't expect much action on our end. I have a feeling Shero will keep things as they are, maybe make a minor move or two and get our youth up here. He'll evaluate and see what he has to work with then start making moves at the deadline.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how did Toronto go from every other GM saying they are out of their minds for asking for the packages they wanted to giving Phil away for marginal prospects and a first rounder? At least the Kovy trade invovled Oduya.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Moore - Stats - NHL.com - Players

Decent depth signing, 24 years old, not a lot of money. Will make it easier to stomach moving one of our guys on D, insurance in case we need a 7th dman to sit in the booth instead of one of the young guys.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how did Toronto go from every other GM saying they are out of their minds for asking for the packages they wanted to giving Phil away for marginal prospects and a first rounder? At least the Kovy trade invovled Oduya.

Probably because nobody was willing to pony up much of anything for a malcontent locker room cancer. Hell, they ate a nice chunk of his salary AND paid his 4 million roster bonus today just to get rid of him. Wonder if Crosby is over the issues they had in past, albeit mainly because of Sids buddy Jack Johnson?? If not, that could be an intersting locker room dynamic

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick recap, in terms of NHL talent, we got Palmeri (24), Kalinin from KHL (24), Mozik the Czech Dman (22) and Moore (24). All young, all bring more speed/skill to the team, all should have some potential left. This isn't including all of our draft picks and prospects. Whether or not these guys reach their potential who knows but I like all these low risk/high reward moves for young guys.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk would never win the cap. Sorry NM, but I don't get that type of mentality. We need bigger F signing, otherwise we will get another boring season on offense.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk would never win the cap. Sorry NM, but I don't get that type of mentality. We need bigger F signing, otherwise we will get another boring season on offense.
Who exactly were we going to sign that would bring us the cup this offseason? Not exactly a strong market of goal scorers out there this FA cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.