• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils Ongoing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats a move i like!

i remember reading back in the day when lou signed a player like chris murphy and ilya pikakakren to these type of "throwaway/depth" signings. problem is they were "known" players that we know wouldn't ammount to much more then a 6th line player and 8th pair d man. this kid who knows what he can turn into

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Potential Offseason NHL Blockbuster Trades

i really doubt that trade happens. but honestly you can't get 2 teams that are perfect trade partners. zero defense oilers and zero offense devils. makes too much sense so i doubt they do make a deal

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Larsson is the right guy to trade for Draisatl. He's got 3 extra years of development, plays the rarer position, and is just now breaking out as a top-pair Defenseman. Larsson is also critical to the Devils future because he's the furthest developed. He'll be the first one capable of carrying/supporting a younger guy on his pairing. Trading him would push back our chances of being successful by about a year.

Severson would likely be the better option for Draisatl since they are at similar development levels. Severson is only a year ahead. Likewise, Nugent-Hopkins would be a better option for trading Larsson for the same reasons.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't want to trade our NHL guys (even though they're young and still a bit unproven) for prospects. There was another trade rumor that involved us swapping picks with Columbus as well as trading Merrill for Kerby Rychel. As much as I would love to make a move for Rychel I would prefer if we moved a prospect like Santini for him. Merrill and Larsson are top 4 guys, they are going to keep getting better. If we move them it needs to be for a proven commodity.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like no Gomez, Bernier and Harold next year. They also said no Fraser, but that part is not much news.
This tells me few things.
New direction is obvious, but also Lou is no longer running this team or has much say.
Nothing against Harrold, but with the young D on this team and waiting in the minors, team had no room for him. I won't miss the dressing of Harrold as 7th defensemen or when he played forward.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Gomez is a mistake imo. He fits the team ideal of speed and offense. There is no reason to get younger just for the sake of getting younger.

Bernier, Harrold, and Fraser are remnants of DeBo's 'style so I can see why they're gone.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez and Bernier were pretty solid but at the same time I won't lose sleep over their departures.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Pronger's contract to the Coyotes so they can reach the cap floor? That's not going against the spirit of the cap at all...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Gomez I would have kept he was really good last year and fits a need perfectly. Plus he would easily bring in a 2nd rounder at the deadline

Bernier I think it was a career year and a fluke. Harold sucks

They should just let all the kids play d with Greene. If they make huge strides this year then I would look into moving Greene as well. He's what 32 now?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh and Pronger's contract to the Coyotes so they can reach the cap floor? That's not going against the spirit of the cap at all...

The cap floor is so stupid if they are resorting to this. Just go sign a guy for 20 million be done with it.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing was said when the Isles' GM used his own cap space to reach the floor. I'm surprised this is making as much noise.

Wasn't Pronger working in management on the Flyers though? Does he have to work for Arizona's management now?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That would be epic if he stayed on the flyers staff. Double dipping at its finest.

Btw how does Gomez get the boot but zubrus stays just buy him out already. Gomez was close to a point per game pace

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well technically Pronger is only making like $500 K this year but his cap hit is like $6 or something in that area so the Coyotes get a big cap hit without actually spending money since they're broke (similar to the move the Isles made with Tim Thomas). Pronger is currently employed BY THE NHL!!! He's in the player safety department.

Just bury Zubrus on the 4th line and limit his minutes. Maybe he can be effective if we only see him 5 minutes a night instead of getting top 6 ice time.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Need to remember Gomez will be 36 next season. Could he follow up a solid season with another one? Sure, if he trained as hard as last summer, but chances are just as good that he could have a worse season or even a poor season.
I don't think he will field too many offers from other teams. People don't forget that he did nothing with the Panthers, Sharks and Canadians. He only plays well in NJ.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they'd keep Gomez (only one of the bunch I wanted to keep) and play him with the kids, maybe Boucher and Matteau to see what they could do with a professional set up man

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know which of our young guys is projected to make the jump to the big club next season? Have to figure Boucher and Matteau will be regulars, anybody else? Quenneville? Blake Coleman?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its now or never for Boucher...

Matteau is dead to me LOL.... extreme but I really don't care about him.

Quenneville is someone I haven't a bleep since last season in TC. That could be good or could be bad.... So I hope to see him come up sooner than later...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its now or never for Boucher...

Matteau is dead to me LOL.... extreme but I really don't care about him.

Quenneville is someone I haven't a bleep since last season in TC. That could be good or could be bad.... So I hope to see him come up sooner than later...

Haha, they're only 21.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgotten amongst all the other moves, I'm curious to see what this Sergey Kalinin can do. 6'3", 24 years old from the KHL. He's a right winger which desperately need. Hopefully he can surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.