• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need some help from a mechanic

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bayou Tiger , If you ever make it out to Vegas, I owe you. Don't worry about trying to smuggle your shit, I will stock you up on greenery. @outofyourmind if you make it out, I will let you buy me a beer for one serious reply. dickbag.

Dude
I love you man.

Did you get that pool light replaced yet??

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude
I love you man.

Did you get that pool light replaced yet??
039a48e398954e7db976eefa86823b54.gif

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got a good old fashioned hick wrench turner fight a brewin'!

giphy.gif

Crazy things happen to electrical parts when they get old a brittle.
Could be any one of the parts he pointed out.

Could be a wire that moves when the engine heats up that is frayed and grounds out and turns the engine off like the key would. You know, after 39 years of use and rubbing on something, then poof, makes contact with a ground. Or that small component that in the distributor that has finally seen it's last days and boom, it works intermittently.

It's fucking frustrating.
To you that is.
To me, it's quite the enjoyable puzzle.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be a wire that moves when the engine heats up that is frayed and grounds out and turns the engine off like the key would. You know, after 39 years of use and rubbing on something, then poof, makes contact with a ground. Or that small component that in the distributor that has finally seen it's last days and boom, it works intermittently.

To you that is.
I prefer if you went back to bickering with the swamp man

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To you that is.
Truth be told, I dont mind the work, but I am limited when it comes to diagnosis. If I had someone tell me what the problem is, chances are I can fix it. I can only go so far before I am out of options.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I dont mind the work, but I am limited when it comes to diagnosis. If I had someone tell me what the problem is, chances are I can fix it. I can only go so far before I am out of options.

Did you say this truck had a manual choke on it before you changed carbs???
Did it have a manual choke from the factory??? or had it been changed to a manual choke at some point.

Seem like that truck would have had an automatic choke from the factory.
My line of thinking is going back to when the truck goes from cold to hot and choke off with a possible signal to the distributor.

Hate to buy a new distributor and find out it doesn't solve the problem either because of one of those pesky cracked wires that is grounding out.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say this truck had a manual choke on it before you changed carbs???
Did it have a manual choke from the factory??? or had it been changed to a manual choke at some point.

Seem like that truck would have had an automatic choke from the factory.
My line of thinking is going back to when the truck goes from cold to hot and choke off with a possible signal to the distributor.

Hate to buy a new distributor and find out it doesn't solve the problem either because of one of those pesky cracked wires that is grounding out.
I have no idea what it had factory. Had a holley when i got, then another holley, then the last edelbrock, now this one.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude
That's a lot of carbs.

It probably had a Motorcraft on it.
The first one was a leaky mess. Second one i got take for a ride by some dickhead, sold me the carb and smogged it. Never passed smog again. After dumping money into it every year for fake smogs and adjustments, i bought the edelbrock. That was on there for about 8 to 10 years, after i had the motor rebuilt. Motor only has about 25k after the rebuild. I have had the truck for almost as long as the wife.

The kicker, got from her dad.