• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska vs Tennessee bowl game

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't something to pin on the staff, listen to 1620 skit this morning, they all but personally walked the kid into his classes but he still couldn't make it. I have no sympathy for him or anyone yet on the team who's still not "bought in" to the new staff.
The articles from this last week where Gates stated, paraphrase, this team needs player leadership, make a lot more sense now in hindsight
Maybe, maybe not but he also did not make grades a priority. He specifically said in the press conference that Gerry did not break any team rules and was not being disciplined for his behavior.
IMO it makes it appear that he doesn't have any problem with players not keeping up their grades.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not but he also did not make grades a priority. He specifically said in the press conference that Gerry did not break any team rules and was not being disciplined for his behavior.
IMO it makes it appear that he doesn't have any problem with players not keeping up their grades.
No, he values personal accountability. Aka you're going to sink or swim on your own effort, and we aren't going to have our GAs walk you to class. That is what happened under the previous staff, and look where it got us from a leadership standpoint.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No much as I hate to say it Pelini put a high standard on academic achievement. Not that I want to rant on Riley either but I think stating that this was not a team issue makes it appear as not his problem. Now I can't see what is going on in the locker room so I can only go by press releases. Makes it even more important to make it subpar achievement in his talk and he did not make it that. He seemed to not even make it a concern.

As if so the kids going pro, he doesn't need his degree. Wrong!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Riley should have to hold his 22 year old senior captain's hand to make sure he's turning in his homework assignments?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the players I talk to were saying he was fucking up with is grades over a week ago.
I've seen emails that validate this as well. I think JJM is off on this one, unless he's got an inside scoop he's not telling us about.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen emails that validate this as well. I think JJM is off on this one, unless he's got an inside scoop he's not telling us about.

There is no inside scoop. I hardly think it is a coincidence that [player] mentioned him by name and was shaking his head talking about his grades a week before all this came out. He brought it up unsolicited.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were just talking about the UT game and players who were gonna go in the draft and where.. That's when Nate came up.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he got the senior bowl invite and started coasting/skipping class.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to fuck up real bad to be declared uneligible by the ncaa, Vince the retard Young has a degree for fucks sake. Sure wish I had been offered a free ride food and board college degree where to pass all I had to do is walk through the classroom door every day

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Riley should have to hold his 22 year old senior captain's hand to make sure he's turning in his homework assignments?
No that's what I'm not saying at all. If you read my orignal reply I said Gerry failed as a teammate and as a captain. That is on him.
Not saying Riley should babysit him but he can sure as hell condemn that kind of behavior, which he did not. He actually stopped just short of condoning it. Riley's words "Gerry and Joseph didn’t violate a team rule and their suspension wasn’t related to behavior. You can figure it out from here, OK?” gives the impression it's nothing to do with him or the team while that is exactly what it is. The schools APR takes a hit which directly reflects upon the school for future recruits and effects scholarships and practice eligibility.
So no I wouldn't expect my employer to hold my hand either but if I fuck up I certainly expect him to have something to say about it. And if my fuck up reflects poorly on the companies public perception I expect that condemnation will be public.
Am I wrong in assuming that our academic standards are one of the few things we have left. Am I wrong to expect him to hold it in a high regard?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other scholarship has to be returned if you don't keep the grade. Does he walk on this? I say he needs to buck up some tuition and room and board.
And I hope he will also not be allowed to use our facilities to train or tryout for the NFL. I believe Pelini had one guy from Callahan who was academically ineligible and he would not let him train. Can't remember who but kind of remember it happening.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's what I'm not saying at all. If you read my orignal reply I said Gerry failed as a teammate and as a captain. That is on him.
Not saying Riley should babysit him but he can sure as hell condemn that kind of behavior, which he did not. He actually stopped just short of condoning it. Riley's words "Gerry and Joseph didn’t violate a team rule and their suspension wasn’t related to behavior. You can figure it out from here, OK?” gives the impression it's nothing to do with him or the team while that is exactly what it is. The schools APR takes a hit which directly reflects upon the school for future recruits and effects scholarships and practice eligibility.
So no I wouldn't expect my employer to hold my hand either but if I fuck up I certainly expect him to have something to say about it. And if my fuck up reflects poorly on the companies public perception I expect that condemnation will be public.
Am I wrong in assuming that our academic standards are one of the few things we have left. Am I wrong to expect him to hold it in a high regard?
He pretty much said "no comment" and was not going to talk about why they were ineligible, so he can't exactly not comment on the reason and then come out condemning poor academic work.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other scholarship has to be returned if you don't keep the grade. Does he walk on this? I say he needs to buck up some tuition and room and board.
And I hope he will also not be allowed to use our facilities to train or tryout for the NFL. I believe Pelini had one guy from Callahan who was academically ineligible and he would not let him train. Can't remember who but kind of remember it happening.
:scratch: What do you mean by that?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You dont return the scholarship, you just dont get it the next year

I know cause it happened to me

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my band scholarship revoked

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

True and if it wasn't for great academics, Nebraska wouldn't have gone to a bowl last year, am I correct on this?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pretty much said "no comment" and was not going to talk about why they were ineligible, so he can't exactly not comment on the reason and then come out condemning poor academic work.
Is there a reason he can not say they are academically ineligible?