• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Purdue -- 11am CST on ESPNU

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Is that Davie at CB? I wonder if he was supposed to release the WR to Gerry and Gerry got pissed that he fucked up the coverage and shoved him off..... That's what it looks like to me.
If that's the case, they're both beat. :L

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man this is a low. i'd like to think it won't continue, but the schedule is getting shorter and the remaining teams aren't swiss cheese. This pretty much sums up my thoughts:
Langsdorf lost the game today. Blough won it. Game didnt get out of reach until Fyfe's 4th TO, we were running the ball well early. Blough made some incredible throws. Aided by us having no one to rush the QB and field position. Hopefully Tommy is back next week for a bad passing D. I dont think Langsdorf is gonna change his opinion on what will give us success. He just doesnt trust our ability to run the ball. Trust seems to be a huge issue with players AND coaches.

I really wish i could be a fly watching these practices and meetings with these players and coaches. I just wish i could understand why this shit looks so bad. just so inconsistent, at Minnesota they got their shit together, but now 2 shitty weeks in a row. and look at what Minnesota did today to Michigan, they hung right there and probably should have won if not for some crap coaching on the last 2 plays.

at this point i have nothing to say. i'm going to keep supporting the team and just see what happens. it certainly can't get much worse.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is bothering me the most is that I am starting not to care about Husker football and that really sucks

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and i agree with this:

and also this:

and seriously, what's up with this:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly just don't know what to think anymore. I've never seen so little emotion from football players. so many people saying how separated players and coaches seem to be.

at this point i'm going to support the team, i guess i already said that. and i'm just going to let things play out the way they play out.

if anyone wants to give me MSU tickets, i'd take them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really sucks is it looked like this was going to get back on track with Minnesota and then they just proceeded to lay down and die.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I just don't understand coach cav. He say's theres a big gap between the 1's & 2's, but if I recall, we heard that last year. Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't we change the right side of the line last year playing MSU and actually started to move the ball? I could be wrong, I haven't looked it up.

This whole debacle just sucks. I feel for the players.

I don't trust or believe this staff, not one word that they speak. I've lost total faith, they're going to have their work cut out for them to regain my optimism.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am scratching my head and thinking this year sux as much as you guys do. Zorbie is right about hiring a mediocre coach and I am afraid we are stuck with him for quite some time to come. I watched some of the Beavers/Utes game and saw the same offense look as bad for them. At this point, I wish we could call it good and move on to a new staff, but that loyalty shit will keep the lowest position guys around because nothing will change. Both times a 9-3 coach was fired at Nebraska, both times they hired worse coaching. I hope the boosters wake some folks up in Lincoln. Shit is hard not only to watch, but hard to care anymore about them.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if Luke Skywalker turns to the dark side I may lose all hope. The good guys need one.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am scratching my head and thinking this year sux as much as you guys do. Zorbie is right about hiring a mediocre coach and I am afraid we are stuck with him for quite some time to come. I watched some of the Beavers/Utes game and saw the same offense look as bad for them. At this point, I wish we could call it good and move on to a new staff, but that loyalty shit will keep the lowest position guys around because nothing will change. Both times a 9-3 coach was fired at Nebraska, both times they hired worse coaching. I hope the boosters wake some folks up in Lincoln. Shit is hard not only to watch, but hard to care anymore about them.
you would only think that a great hire after the fire would happen ---but the hire was less than the fire

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know man.... I don't think thats it. I think the players are trying.

I don't think they believe in what they're being ask to do. If you know you're going to fail in a certain situation and coaches keep putting you in that situation, at some point you're going to throw in the towel and be like well fuck coach.

It's no different on the offensive side of the ball. Langsdorf bullshit excuse of not being able to run the ball because we weren't running it very well and losing yards. He's so full of shit. The stat's don't lie, Danny.

I guess what pisses me off the most is: Riley saying they're going to play to the players strength and implement an offense on what the players feel most comfortable running.

COACH SPEAK

All that above is why I don't believe in this staff, and I blame the coaches, not the player... I don't think it'll make a bit of difference when they get their own guy's in either. We've been down this pass happy road before.

Hope I'm wrong, and they turn this around very quickly.

You don't believe in this staff either, and you have good reason to feel this way. When I first heard some people say Riley will do wonders here because he'll get better recruits than he did at OSU, and our program will shoot into the stratosphere.

The only shot for Nebraska to turn this debacle around quickly is to dump this worthless coaching staff and hire a REAL coaching staff with a REAL history of success. Even a REAL staff may have more problems now than they would have if Eichorst did the right thing to begin with. I agree with you about the players trying, and they're being asked to do something they aren't real good at, such as TA and Fyfe throwing the ball 50 times in a game. We saw a good example of why Fyfe should have been limited to maybe 15 to 20 passes yesterday. So what if we struggle a bit while running the ball another 20 to 30 times, because Fyfe may have had only one pick instead of 4 of them. Also, Nebraska may have had 100 to 125 more yards on the ground, and much more likely getting out of there with a win. Whoever doesn't believe me, then they need to go back and do some research on how Osborne called plays to maximize his team's chance to win games, instead of maximizing the chance for our team to lose like Riley does.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTF is Gerry doing here?

It appears that Davie was keeping up with the receiver, but Gerry doesn't have the speed to do so. The main problem with Davie is either he isn't coached properly, or he isn't able to grasp what to do when the ball reaches the receiver. I believe it's more to do with him being tutored improperly.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you would only think that a great hire after the fire would happen ---but the hire was less than the fire

We were led to believe the next hire would possibly be a homerun. Boy were we ever deceived!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If that's the case, they're both beat. :L

Davie was keeping up with the receiver until Gerry bumped him. Gerry for sure didn't have the speed to keep up with the receiver.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
man this is a low. i'd like to think it won't continue, but the schedule is getting shorter and the remaining teams aren't swiss cheese. This pretty much sums up my thoughts:

I really wish i could be a fly watching these practices and meetings with these players and coaches. I just wish i could understand why this shit looks so bad. just so inconsistent, at Minnesota they got their shit together, but now 2 shitty weeks in a row. and look at what Minnesota did today to Michigan, they hung right there and probably should have won if not for some crap coaching on the last 2 plays.

at this point i have nothing to say. i'm going to keep supporting the team and just see what happens. it certainly can't get much worse.

It can get worse... 2 or 3 more blowouts the rest of the way. I will add this... If the gameplan pretty much stays the same, a pass pass pass pass pass gameplan, we may see one win at the most, but if whoever is playing QB is limited to 20 passes at the most, and 20 to 30 mores runs replace the passes that shouldn't be thrown, Nebraska has a sliver of a chance to win 2 of the remaining 3 games. I'm 99% sure Mr. West coast will stick with has gotten us beat all year, which is a pass heavy gameplan. Also, playing good defense in addition to a WINNING offensive gameplan may land Nebraska in a backing into a bowl situation with a 5-7 record. Whoopdeedoo!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can get worse... 2 or 3 more blowouts the rest of the way. I will add this... If the gameplan pretty much stays the same, a pass pass pass pass pass gameplan, we may see one win at the most, but if whoever is playing QB is limited to 20 passes at the most, and 20 to 30 mores runs replace the passes that shouldn't be thrown, Nebraska has a sliver of a chance to win 2 of the remaining 3 games. I'm 99% sure Mr. West coast will stick with has gotten us beat all year, which is a pass heavy gameplan. Also, playing good defense in addition to a WINNING offensive gameplan may land Nebraska in a backing into a bowl situation with a 5-7 record. Whoopdeedoo!
It is like Callushand all over again. This staff has not only lost games, it has lost the team or never had the team to begin with. I wonder if the practices are soft with 90%+ of the time spent on the passing game. I seriously doubt much time is spent on physical running plays in practice and it shows on the field. Looking into the rearview mirror has me thinking that after BLo's firing we would have been better off if they left ole Barn in charge of coaching until the "Right" guy was available. But Fvchorst went the high risk route and hired the wrong guy to change the mindset and hearts of the players. God help us next Saturday!

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point changes need to happen but MR isn't going to do it.

Your staff didn't work in Oregon st and you bring that below avg staff here.

Clean house MR or adapt very fast and make serious changes

Yesterday was a serious low a 1-6 team that dominated all phases.....