• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Purdue -- 11am CST on ESPNU

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top notch coach and staff would still have some losses this season, but no one can tell me that they would still have 6 of them at this point in the season, and with the same players and the same injury problems we're seeing here.

No one can tell me that any coach would have 5 losses by less than three points since it hasn't happened since 2006....but it apparently doesn't stop ya'll from the I'm right brigade.....

fuck it....I'm out....too much for fun shit to do tonight then argue with you joyous negative nelly's all night! Have fun everyone!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, guise......there are problems.

The first year excuses are no longer welcome.

This is fucking Nebraska. A potential 3-win season is fucking absurd. I don't care what anyone says. New coach or not.....there is enough talent to comfortably make a damned bowl game.

For shit sake. We aren't Colorado.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one can tell me that any coach would have 5 losses by less than three points since it hasn't happened since 2006....but it apparently doesn't stop ya'll from the I'm right brigade.....

fuck it....I'm out....too much for fun shit to do tonight then argue with you joyous negative nelly's all night! Have fun everyone!

You're right. A top notch coach would have won some of those close loss games. Pelini was right about Eichorst.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is fucking Nebraska. A potential 3-win season is fucking absurd. I don't care what anyone says. New coach or not.....there is enough talent to comfortably make a damned bowl game.

I agree....but I thought all the blame Bo people were absurd but watching these guys play, I hate to say I don't know that they are playing for the University of Nebraska.....I've laughed so many times when Istool says it's a Bo problem, I watched Davie get beat today and I honestly thought he was giving the receiver a but pat in congrats with his feeble attempt at tackling.....

I honestly don't know how the secondary was one of our strengths on defense goes to the absolute worst in the country because of a coaching change if the players aren't tanking it.....

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

BINGO!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....but I thought all the blame Bo people were absurd but watching these guys play, I hate to say I don't know that they are playing for the University of Nebraska.....I've laughed so many times when Istool says it's a Bo problem, I watched Davie get beat today and I honestly thought he was giving the receiver a but pat in congrats with his feeble attempt at tackling.....

I honestly don't know how the secondary was one of our strengths on defense goes to the absolute worst in the country because of a coaching change if the players aren't tanking it.....

Simply a different style of Defense is all.

We commit to stopping the run now which leaves our DBs on an island and they aren't good enough right now for that. Bo was committed to stopping the pass first, because Ndamukong Suh made him believe he could.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
You're right. A top notch coach would have won some of those close loss games. Pelini was right about Eichorst.
Would you just stop... Stop it already

Pelini wasn't canned because of his record.... For fuck sakes, Pelini wasn't right about Eichorst. The shit Pelini spewed about the Eichorst, calling him a pussy and a redheaded whatever the fuck it was.

And I can't blame Eichorst for not wanting to be around Pelini. Who the fuck wants to be around a yelling fire stick. Given Pelini's communication skills, it was more than likely very difficult to carry an intelligent conversation with him. Pelini sure as hell was gonna listen to anybody but himself, why do you think all his assistance were yes men. FUCK ME....

Enough with the top notch coaches. We don't have one. You're FUCKIN' right already.....

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

I don't know man.... I don't think thats it. I think the players are trying.

I don't think they believe in what they're being ask to do. If you know you're going to fail in a certain situation and coaches keep putting you in that situation, at some point you're going to throw in the towel and be like well fuck coach.

It's no different on the offensive side of the ball. Langsdorf bullshit excuse of not being able to run the ball because we weren't running it very well and losing yards. He's so full of shit. The stat's don't lie, Danny.

I guess what pisses me off the most is: Riley saying they're going to play to the players strength and implement an offense on what the players feel most comfortable running.

COACH SPEAK

All that above is why I don't believe in this staff, and I blame the coaches, not the player... I don't think it'll make a bit of difference when they get their own guy's in either. We've been down this pass happy road before.

Hope I'm wrong, and they turn this around very quickly..

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went to game today and I was thinking same thing on way back. How in the hell can a program like the Huskers fall so fucking fast. Please add this as things to consider. Purdue had won one game going into today and that victory was against Indiana State, traditional FCS doormat. :L

- Coaching seem not existent on sideline, no player/coach huddles that I could see.
- Everytime I put binco's on Riley he seemed to have a 5 yard buffer zone around him, no wanted to be by his side.
- Zero excitement on sideline
- How can a (supposed) upper level program have to stick with a QB that throws behind WR's and produces 4 INT's. Is the cupboard that bare, Is that all they have for a second stringer?
- D offsides three times on XPT, fuck an A
- The PU, flat footed, bowl legged QB averaged 8.2 yards against 10th rated run D
- Purdue was the 107th rated O going into game. All I can say is WOW, I think the program has or is approaching all time low in the last 50-60 years?

Strap it on fans, going to be a long few seasons.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Went to game today and I was thinking same thing on way back. How in the hell can a program like the Huskers fall so fucking fast. Please add this as things to consider. Purdue had won one game going into today and that victory was against Indiana State, traditional FCS doormat. :L

- Coaching seem not existent on sideline, no player/coach huddles that I could see.
- Everytime I put binco's on Riley he seemed to have a 5 yard buffer zone around him, no wanted to be by his side.
- Zero excitement on sideline
- How can a (supposed) upper level program have to stick with a QB that throws behind WR's and produces 4 INT's. Is the cupboard that bare, Is that all they have for a second stringer?
- D offsides three times on XPT, fuck an A
- The PU, flat footed, bowl legged QB averaged 8.2 yards against 10th rated run D
- Purdue was the 107th rated O going into game. All I can say is WOW, I think the program has or is approaching all time low in the last 50-60 years?

Strap it on fans, going to be a long few seasons.

Did you happen to be in the area that the husker players went into the stands to thank the fans? Initially the report was Jack Gangwish went up into the stands, then the some report that several husker players went up. Just curious if it as several players or just Jack.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you happen to be in the area that the husker players went into the stands to thank the fans? Initially the report was Jack Gangwish went up into the stands, then the some report that several husker players went up. Just curious if it as several players or just Jack.

Did not see that. If they did, good for players. There were two main clusters of Red, Skers sideline behind bench and in the corner end zone.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Davie at CB? I wonder if he was supposed to release the WR to Gerry and Gerry got pissed that he fucked up the coverage and shoved him off..... That's what it looks like to me.