• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Northwestern

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We left 14 pts out there easily if not more, we'll limp in the top 20 just how the other teams got there so I have no conscious.
TA is having his best year so far, I would have never predicted the level he's playing at right now, he can't do it all by himself even though he has been, so I appreciate that
I've been as critical of him as anybody, and he's really shown some growth. So long as he keeps playing like he is we are going to have a good year. He made some great decisions yesterday, including throwing the ball away (!!) one time.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been as critical of him as anybody, and he's really shown some growth. So long as he keeps playing like he is we are going to have a good year. He made some great decisions yesterday, including throwing the ball away (!!) one time.

He's really improved running the ball also. He has been much more decisive on running the ball when there's no receivers open.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the best I can tell is that this is a solid (don't cringe) 9 win team.

Wiscy and tOSU look like surefire losses. I don't think we win the division.

If we still had Valentine and Collins, this would be playoff contender type team.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the best I can tell is that this is a solid (don't cringe) 9 win team.

Wiscy and tOSU look like surefire losses. I don't think we win the division.

If we still had Valentine and Collins, this would be playoff contender type team.

This

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are missing the key factor here

RileDog teams ALWAYS improve as the season goes and he has ALWAYS been a giant slayer

Look for Mount Mick to step up big time in the run game, and hopefully Alex Davis (played a lot yesterday for the first time) can hold the edge

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to have more confidence in Tommy Armstrong throwing. I like the three running back rotation though I think wilbon needs to see more carries. And honestly let them return punts and kickoffs

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I agree with Brasky on this one as well
we go to camp Randall Oct 29 Huskers have a veeeery slim chance thar
and then the following week to Columbia to face TJ and crew :L

gonna be an ugly 2 weeks fer the Huskers fans

I really miss the privilege to go back and correct the plorsts I made

Its Columbus

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y'all also forget that Wisconsin STRUGGLED with a really bad Georgia State

Oh we can beat Wisconsin. There is no doubt about that.

That game yesterday was extremely misleading. The scoreboard said they beat Sparty by 24 points, but trust me that wasn't the case. A lot of fortunate shit happened for Wisky in that game. It was their day for sure.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, like a lot of people said that NW game wasn't as close as it looked, since we gave away 14 points. our d looks a little soft up the middle and i don't really get the soft coverage by our DBs. best guess on them is Banker has basically decided, you can beat us 10 yards at a time in the passing game if you want to try. trying to keep any big plays from happening.

our running D, needs to shore up the though, guys not flying up with the right angles looked to me to be part of the problem. well that and our d-line is still young and not the best. Mick and Maurice look to be the best two in the middle. Dzuris looks decent on one end. Freedom isn't really living up to expectations or at least i haven't seen much from him, nor any of the backups.

i watched a lot of the Wiscy Mich st game, as mentioned it was some luck on WIscy's part and bad breaks for Mich St. But WIscy's D looks for real. they fly around like crazy, i think DL will have a plan for it though. as you guys said, I've been really impressed with that play calling. a few misses here and there but for the most part a really good game plan.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, like a lot of people said that NW game wasn't as close as it looked, since we gave away 14 points. our d looks a little soft up the middle and i don't really get the soft coverage by our DBs. best guess on them is Banker has basically decided, you can beat us 10 yards at a time in the passing game if you want to try. trying to keep any big plays from happening.

our running D, needs to shore up the though, guys not flying up with the right angles looked to me to be part of the problem. well that and our d-line is still young and not the best. Mick and Maurice look to be the best two in the middle. Dzuris looks decent on one end. Freedom isn't really living up to expectations or at least i haven't seen much from him, nor any of the backups.

i watched a lot of the Wiscy Mich st game, as mentioned it was some luck on WIscy's part and bad breaks for Mich St. But WIscy's D looks for real. they fly around like crazy, i think DL will have a plan for it though. as you guys said, I've been really impressed with that play calling. a few misses here and there but for the most part a really good game plan.
yea but fact is fact Consin well have a field day on the Huskers
aaaaand so will Ohio st

it makes no difference on what the Huskers can do --the thang is what they can do on the Husker camp

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are indeed #15 in the new Coaches Poll as I predicted
All hail Carnac the Magnificent

the-tonight-show-starring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

We're not worthy!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that skers are the 15th best, esp when the buffs beat ducks at home, kinda lessens that W in my mind, I do think they can play and match up with Badgers, really didn't see much out of them at Sparty. Lets get these next three and then get on to Badgers,

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree with you here. Nebraska has a shot at beating Wiscy. The turnovers Nebraska had, and in the way they turned the ball over may have been a blessing since it happened against NW instead of Wiscy.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams did come into play on Saturday. NW missing a field goal and an extra point, and then Nebraska stopping their fake field goal at the end of the half. Those potentially could have been momentum changers had they gone the other way, especially with how NW has played NU historically.

The two fumbles do not bother me that much. Newby's was a bit of a fluke and I'll take the effort play extending for the pylon. 9 times out of 10 that won't happen. Ozigbo's, well one could argue that forward progress had stopped and that play was dead. Should they be taking better care of the ball? Of course, but I've seen far worse turnovers to get mad about.

I thought our O-line and receivers did a hell of a job blocking most of the night.

The rest of this season is week to week. Wiscy looks good, but that game doesn't mean shit if we don't take care of business week in and week out.

Northwestern's field is hot garbage. They should be ashamed. I'm glad all of our guys came back without any significant injuries, especially to knees and ankles due to the field condition.