• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G37 20-10-6 Kinga @ OG Cap Circumventors 1/9/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NM at a red light. Need a frigging win, period.

Let's Go Kings!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord is this PP awful...like really bad. They look like they've never played a shift together.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if they tried something other than stretch passes every time they get the puck. Only to have it go to the leafs defense

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drop back pass on PP entry is so telegraphed and honestly overdone, almost every NHL team is ready for it. I am absolutely baffled why they continue to do it.

The way this team has speed, just go for the old dump and chase.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dreaded 2 goal lead, let's how they respond.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not a goal
it is a goal
it’s not a goal
Refs will be looking to give the leafs a power play in the third

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Nickson just said verbatim "that dreaded 2 goal lead ".

This team has problems boys. It's no longer wait and see, it's do or miss the POs.

Been interesting reading Teh Blog, some are saying Blake is on the hot seat. I never wanted him as GM but if you have a capped out team and you're playing like crap, you deserve to go. At least Dumbo got 2 Cups capping them out, this dude can't even get them out of the WCQFs.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell kind of D was that?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal.

Just watch, third Bolts goal coming with under 1:30, wouldn't be surprised. This team struggles with adversity.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, im glad not the leafs they got 7 vs Sharts atm....probably at least half that if it was LA at this point

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Moore. Totally on the wrong side of the puck in the defensive zone. And some dude named Pervert wins the game.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what was up with Moore the last 5 min of the entire game....couldn't control a puck to save his life

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you man, this team has talent...just not the right mix of it. This is where Dumbo excelled and identified the weaknesses accurately and made changes no matter the cost to address those. Blake just seems to make moves and see what sticks. Two entirely different strategies, one has worked and proven, the other not so much.

This team needs a Richards type player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you man, this team has talent...just not the right mix of it. This is where Dumbo excelled and identified the weaknesses accurately and made changes no matter the cost to address those. Blake just seems to make moves and see what sticks. Two entirely different strategies, one has worked and proven, the other not so much.

This team needs a Richards type player.

That's the annoying part. I think Blake thought Danault might be that. Solid two-way center to solidify the middle. But he's more of a serviceable guy like Stoll was. So then he goes and gets PLD. Aside from the points, if he was a pain in the ass to other teams and was using his size/physicality, we could probably live with his lack of production, but he's a nonfactor a lot. Would love to see some Evander Kane-esque stuff in his game. SOMETHING. I didn't have a good feeling in the early behind the scenes videos the Kings were putting out. Remember when they laid out the red carpet and he was throwing pitches at Dodger Stadium and doing is whole LA tour like he'd just won the cup? So they interview him and he's so excited to be in LA because it's like being a kid. They all live near the beach, and he heard it wouldn't be crazy to see a bunch of bikes piled up in someone's driveway, so you knew the guys were hanging out. I am not hating on that in particular, but it builds into the next thing. They do this feature where he's trading friendship bracelets with Byfield and they each wear eachother's bracelets all the time. I'm like "Okay...?". Not the hard-nosed guy I thought we might be getting. So anyway, that was more of a rant with info that's been playing out in my memory.

But yea, this team is softer than kitten mittens and they don't do anything particularly well. Could they outscore Vegas or Edmonton? Not really. Could they shut it down and hold a lead in the 3rd? Not really at all. It feels like the only lead safe with this Kings team might be a 4-goal lead. That 3-0 Edmonton come back in Game 4 last year is probably the biggest proof of all this. In a close game, is Talbot gonna steal one? MAYBE one.

I really think it could be as simple as moving on from McLellan. He doesn't adjust well, and teams seem to figure his little systems out pretty quick. And I still believe his system is a goalie-killer. Talbot had a hot start, but so did Korpisalo, and it just feels like once teams figure (whatever) out, it's a done deal.

But yeah, to your point, team needs some character guys. And more size! I am sort of at peace with it all. If they don't figure it out, then maybe we get to move on from Blake and/or McLellan and we'll have a little cap to round out a roster next year.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the annoying part. I think Blake thought Danault might be that. Solid two-way center to solidify the middle. But he's more of a serviceable guy like Stoll was. So then he goes and gets PLD. Aside from the points, if he was a pain in the ass to other teams and was using his size/physicality, we could probably live with his lack of production, but he's a nonfactor a lot. Would love to see some Evander Kane-esque stuff in his game. SOMETHING. I didn't have a good feeling in the early behind the scenes videos the Kings were putting out. Remember when they laid out the red carpet and he was throwing pitches at Dodger Stadium and doing is whole LA tour like he'd just won the cup? So they interview him and he's so excited to be in LA because it's like being a kid. They all live near the beach, and he heard it wouldn't be crazy to see a bunch of bikes piled up in someone's driveway, so you knew the guys were hanging out. I am not hating on that in particular, but it builds into the next thing. They do this feature where he's trading friendship bracelets with Byfield and they each wear eachother's bracelets all the time. I'm like "Okay...?". Not the hard-nosed guy I thought we might be getting. So anyway, that was more of a rant with info that's been playing out in my memory.

But yea, this team is softer than kitten mittens and they don't do anything particularly well. Could they outscore Vegas or Edmonton? Not really. Could they shut it down and hold a lead in the 3rd? Not really at all. It feels like the only lead safe with this Kings team might be a 4-goal lead. That 3-0 Edmonton come back in Game 4 last year is probably the biggest proof of all this. In a close game, is Talbot gonna steal one? MAYBE one.

I really think it could be as simple as moving on from McLellan. He doesn't adjust well, and teams seem to figure his little systems out pretty quick. And I still believe his system is a goalie-killer. Talbot had a hot start, but so did Korpisalo, and it just feels like once teams figure (whatever) out, it's a done deal.

But yeah, to your point, team needs some character guys. And more size! I am sort of at peace with it all. If they don't figure it out, then maybe we get to move on from Blake and/or McLellan and we'll have a little cap to round out a roster next year.

Can't argue with much of this really, I think mcclellen is a good choice to start changes..... Mostly because he refuses to do much of anything different. Bring in a new guy, let him see what he can do with what this roster has, If that doesn't work then they can make some real adjustments from there. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong. When you're pretty much doing the same thing over and over again, hoping it will work

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having two women in my mouth at the same time should have been a lot more fun, Stupid filling

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue guys :(
Kings once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

You must be stalking my FB page, I say that often with the NY Giants. These clowns invent new ways to lose games, they have for the better part of 12 years.