• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Michigan Game Week Thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly happy with keeping Bo over soooo many of the names that are being thrown out there.

I just plain and simply do not like the idea of any of the "big name" coaches right now. Just don't believe in it.

You have to build a dynasty at a place like Nebraska......this place is not supposed to be a stepping stone, and that is all it would be for a big name coach.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, pretty much everyone that Jed listed in that one thread are "big names" to me....

I just love my Huskers too much. I am immediately standoffish when people start mentioning names of outsiders. They all seem like 1-hit wonders to me. Those people don't want to spend the rest of their lives at Nebraska......they want to hit it big here and bounce off of us like the stepping stone that we are.

I want someone who has ties to Nebraska and fuckin loves this place.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost is who I want.

I don't give 1 shit that he has no Head Coaching experience.

I want Scott Frost because he knows the way of the "new College Football" success. And he was born and raised here.......won a Natty here..........and will want to turn this place around.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at Bo Pelini......

Look what he did to the Blackshirt tradition.

He is not from here. Doesn't understand this place. Maybe in time he can.....but right now, he doesn't understand this place. It's a special place.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost is who I want.

I don't give 1 shit that he has no Head Coaching experience.

I want Scott Frost because he knows the way of the "new College Football" success. And he was born and raised here.......won a Natty here..........and will want to turn this place around.

What is this "new College Football" success you speak of? 3 of the last 4 NC's were won by a team that did it the old fashioned way.

Dominate the trenches, smash mouth offense, stingy defense.

Stanford won the PAC by beating Oregon with it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at Bo Pelini......

Look what he did to the Blackshirt tradition.

He is not from here. Doesn't understand this place. Maybe in time he can.....but right now, he doesn't understand this place. It's a special place.

He understands this place. He's just mismanages it. Nebraska needs a HC that pays attention to detail.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He understands this place. He's just mismanages it. Nebraska needs a HC that pays attention to detail.

this is about the best thang that I have been sayin fer a long time now

stop lurkin at yourn pay stubs and start lurkin at the players and what they are doin

TO use to stroll the weight room at night to see who is the werkers en sech

to be a coach is moar than a paycheck

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Idea of Frost at O coordinator better. But I doubt he comes here for anything less than HC.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that reminded me of the crouch thing at k-state

Guess who was a field judge in that game?

Greg Burks.

But that lack of call was the Head Referee's position, Head Referee Lewis. Obviously, his coke bottle glasses were fogged up.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly happy with keeping Bo over soooo many of the names that are being thrown out there.

I just plain and simply do not like the idea of any of the "big name" coaches right now. Just don't believe in it.

You have to build a dynasty at a place like Nebraska......this place is not supposed to be a stepping stone, and that is all it would be for a big name coach.
-------
Devaney's first college head coaching job was at the University of Wyoming, where he went 35–10–5 (.750) in five seasons between 1957 and 1961. The Cowboys won the Sun Bowl in his second season and won or shared the Skyline Conference title in his final four seasons in Laramie.

Devaney would NOT have been considered a "big name" coach. Nor was he from a "big name conference".

And here I'm not advocating Chris Petersen....but everytime his name is brought up they assume he's just as stupid as Dan Hawkins and I don't think that's accurate. There are plenty of proven HCs out there with CPs pedigree, all we have to do is pick the one that best fits Nebraska.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now looks like a great fall day of football in Ann Arbor, MI

Report for game day weather.

50°

37°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain:10% Wind:SSW at 11 mph

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guess who was a field judge in that game?

Greg Burks.

But that lack of call was the Head Referee's position, Head Referee Lewis. Obviously, his coke bottle glasses were fogged up.

Maybe the FBI needs to check out the bank accounts of officials who make calls like that after the games are over.

Speaking of atrocious officiating... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1s2YcQjZQ

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's never been a "stepping stone" program and don't know why it would be, so I don't quite know where JJM is coming from there.

If SE decides to make a change, just go out and find an up and comer who didn't inherit success, but has built it on his own. These type of guys generally reside in FBS non-AQ's level or even in AQ level in non-traditional elite programs that don't put a lot of resources into their football program. Pay him appropriately for this level of football. A HC who's got things clicking and is being compensated appropriately is not gonna make a lateral move to start over. Coordinators who've never been a HC should rarely be considered for a job at a place that wants to compete at elite level. It's too much of a gamble (the % of success is too low) when you consider they'll get 5 years to prove whether they were worth said gamble.

To be an elite program you need a guy that can put all the pieces together, he's got to be able to evaluate every aspect of the program. As a coordinator they were only evaluating one side of the ball riding the coat-tail of the HC.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the FBI needs to check out the bank accounts of officials who make calls like that after the games are over.

Actually that is already being done by all banks via law. It was established by the 911 commission. Any large cash deposits by anyone are red flagged and scrutinized. Walk into any bank and try to deposit $10,000 cash. The teller will call a manager and he/she will begin asking questions as to where you got it.

There are other ways to launder cash, but putting it into a bank account isn't one of them.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually that is already being done by all banks via law. It was established by the 911 commission. Any large cash deposits by anyone are red flagged and scrutinized. Walk into any bank and try to deposit $10,000 cash. The teller will call a manager and he/she will begin asking questions as to where you got it.

There are other ways to launder cash, but putting it into a bank account isn't one of them.

No problem for a corrupt official... Just deposit 9900 dollars at one time. I'm 100% sure officials have been paid off to change the course of games before.