• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Michigan Game Week Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem for a corrupt official... Just deposit 9900 dollars at one time. I'm 100% sure officials have been paid off to change the course of games before.

The $10,000 was an arbitrary #. I've been questioned about $4000 cash.

I don't disagree that there's funny business going on in a sport that is worth $billions.The conspiracy could actually be a thread of it's own. Just saying that personal large cash deposits into bank accounts isn't how it would be done. Neither would large traceable deposits from someone else.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem for a corrupt official... Just deposit 9900 dollars at one time. I'm 100% sure officials have been paid off to change the course of games before.
-------
It is possible to do this (and hereI'm assuming banks here in this country), but between drug laundering monies and monies used by/for terrorist groups there are too many red flags for this to happen much if at all.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
It is possible to do this (and hereI'm assuming banks here in this country), but between drug laundering monies and monies used by/for terrorist groups there are too many red flags for this to happen much if at all.

Exactly what you said. My ex works for a bank in that specific dept. She worked a lot of hours after the 911 commision established guidlines and laws for banks handling cash deposits. They report to the IRS, Homeland Defense, and the FBI.
It's done by software programs that set off red flags. Individual bank managers as well are trained to ask certain questions that aren't too imposing, yet get a realistic answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraBC/statuses/397428499901714433

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that "Run only" bullshit. Michigan is horrible defending the pass. HORRIBLE. Play action on first down is what needs to happen, once the running game gets going.

And I don't mean on every damn play, but a good mix of run and pass.

And what ever happened to the good ol' bootleg? Fake the Iso one way and roll out the other. Not that weak ass fake zone read then sidestep three steps shit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's never been a "stepping stone" program and don't know why it would be, so I don't quite know where JJM is coming from there.

If SE decides to make a change, just go out and find an up and comer who didn't inherit success, but has built it on his own. These type of guys generally reside in FBS non-AQ's level or even in AQ level in non-traditional elite programs that don't put a lot of resources into their football program. Pay him appropriately for this level of football. A HC who's got things clicking and is being compensated appropriately is not gonna make a lateral move to start over. Coordinators who've never been a HC should rarely be considered for a job at a place that wants to compete at elite level. It's too much of a gamble (the % of success is too low) when you consider they'll get 5 years to prove whether they were worth said gamble.

To be an elite program you need a guy that can put all the pieces together, he's got to be able to evaluate every aspect of the program. As a coordinator they were only evaluating one side of the ball riding the coat-tail of the HC.

If we actually hired a "proven" coach here........we would just be a stepping stone. That is a guarantee.

A proven coach is only going to come here to take the next step towards the big job in the NFL.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we actually hired a "proven" coach here........we would just be a stepping stone. That is a guarantee.

A proven coach is only going to come here to take the next step towards the big job in the NFL.

Because every successful CFB coach aspires to get to the NFL.

amirite?

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's never been a "stepping stone" program and don't know why it would be, so I don't quite know where JJM is coming from there.

If SE decides to make a change, just go out and find an up and comer who didn't inherit success, but has built it on his own. These type of guys generally reside in FBS non-AQ's level or even in AQ level in non-traditional elite programs that don't put a lot of resources into their football program. Pay him appropriately for this level of football. A HC who's got things clicking and is being compensated appropriately is not gonna make a lateral move to start over. Coordinators who've never been a HC should rarely be considered for a job at a place that wants to compete at elite level. It's too much of a gamble (the % of success is too low) when you consider they'll get 5 years to prove whether they were worth said gamble.

To be an elite program you need a guy that can put all the pieces together, he's got to be able to evaluate every aspect of the program. As a coordinator they were only evaluating one side of the ball riding the coat-tail of the HC.

hence --Bob Davaney

I agree with this plorst ^^^

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Don't think this is a given. It's about a 50/50 split on college coaches doing well in the pros so from that standpoint I don't believe EVERY college coach aspires to the pros. Given the right experienced HC Nebraska would never be a stepping stone but rather a school you retire from.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Don't think this is a given. It's about a 50/50 split on college coaches doing well in the pros so from that standpoint I don't believe EVERY college coach aspires to the pros. Given the right experienced HC Nebraska would never be a stepping stone but rather a school you retire from.

Sounds a bit high to me.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....

Folks, it's 2013 and Nebraska is lame to anyone living outside of Nebraska.

We aren't the shit anymore. The only thing we ever had going for us was our Football program and now it's mediocre with some shiny facilities en sech....

Bob Devaney came during the time period when coaches actually stayed in one spot :L.....

That is a horrible comparison to the current situation. 99% of coaches who are looking to move up today are looking to move up after they move up. Nebraska is not a landing spot for any of those guys.....it's a stepping stone.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh....

We aren't the shit anymore. The only thing we ever had going for us was our Football program and now it's mediocre with some shiny facilities en sech....

Bob Devaney came during the time period when coaches actually stayed in one spot :L.....

That is a horrible comparison to the current situation. 99% of coaches who are looking to move up today are looking to move up after they move up. Nebraska is not a landing spot for any of those guys.....it's a stepping stone.

Nope you're wrong.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....

BS

Has Stoops had opportunities to move up? Damn right he has.
Has he taken them? Nope. He's content at Oklahoma (a program he had no previous ties to) and they are a similar program to Nebraska.

And don't point out Stoops was a coordinator before he took the OU job. It's got nothing to do with what you're trying to say in that post.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took and surveyed the rest of the entire nation outside of the states of Nebraska and Oklahoma on which program (between Nebraska and Oklahoma) they would rather coach at for the rest of their life.........it would overwhelmingly end up in favor of Oklahoma.

Jesssssssst sayin.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just be real with ye all........

I plain and simply believe that Nebraska needs a special guy, because Nebraska is a special place. I don't think some outside guy can come into Lincoln and bring the right kind of passion into the program.

So basically I don't like any of the names that ye all have been talking about so far :dance:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took and surveyed the rest of the entire nation outside of the states of Nebraska and Oklahoma on which program (between Nebraska and Oklahoma) they would rather coach at for the rest of their life.........it would overwhelmingly end up in favor of Oklahoma.

Jesssssssst sayin.....

Link?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....

hmmm this is a new Kool aid

and your right weren't that it location anymore but winning help s

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BS

Has Stoops had opportunities to move up? Damn right he has.
Has he taken them? Nope. He's content at Oklahoma (a program he had no previous ties to) and they are a similar program to Nebraska.

And don't point out Stoops was a coordinator before he took the OU job. It's got nothing to do with what you're trying to say in that post.

And if it wasn't for Osborne's stubbornness and selfishness, Stoops may very well be our coach now! Remember Dollar Bill Byrne wanted to search outside the program for a head coach, but Osborne threatened to not retire if he had done so. Stoops was asked later if he would have accepted the Nebraska job, and he said yes, he would have!

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a bit high to me.
-------
Probably is. Yyet I hope you see my point. It gets under my skin that for some reason people even think that Nebraska would be a stepping stone especially if you have taken the program back to the top.