• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Michigan Game Week Thread

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took and surveyed the rest of the entire nation outside of the states of Nebraska and Oklahoma on which program (between Nebraska and Oklahoma) they would rather coach at for the rest of their life.........it would overwhelmingly end up in favor of Oklahoma.

Jesssssssst sayin.....
-------
Agreed but that's right now and probably won't last. At the time Osborne retired no one wanted anything to do with Oklahoma because of the hole they had dug themselves into. All it's going to take is one good hire.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Probably is. Yyet I hope you see my point. It gets under my skin that for some reason people even think that Nebraska would be a stepping stone especially if you have taken the program back to the top.

I absolutely see your point.

Nebraska is one of the Top 10 winningest programs of all time (5th). Not just (D-1) FBS, but across the board.

By FBS standards alone they are 4th.

In Bo's defense he's done nothing to harm that. That it's Nebraska props him up.

It isn't all about beaches and bitches for a 40 something coach raising a family. Not every coach is a Bobby Petrino. There are far more Tom Osborne, Bobby Bowden types who's goal is to mentor young men, to make a positive impact in their lives.

A coach that comes to Nebraska has all the tools to put his name in the NCAA HOF. It's entirely up to his personal skills as a program evaluator and a leader to put a disciplined/competitive product on the field.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Agreed but that's right now and probably won't last. At the time Osborne retired no one wanted anything to do with Oklahoma because of the hole they had dug themselves into. All it's going to take is one good hire.

You really can't find more of a peer school than Oklahoma. Top notch facilities, tradition, fan base, donors, all time wins, and guess what you see in every direction for hours when you leave Norman.....

00562_SouthCentralOkRanch.JPG

JJM's smoking crack to suggest Oklahoma has any sort of advantage over Nebraska regarding players or coaches and where they chose to reside.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You really can't find more of a peer school than Oklahoma. Top notch facilities, tradition, fan base, donors, all time wins, and guess what you see in every direction for hours when you leave Norman.....

00562_SouthCentralOkRanch.JPG

JJM's smoking crack to suggest Oklahoma has any sort of advantage over Nebraska regarding players or coaches and where they chose to reside.

Exactly, and Bob Stoops would have done just as good here, or maybe a hair better than he did at OU the last decade and a half.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though......people who live away from here don't know that Oklahoma is as boring as Nebraska.

When people think of Nebraska they think of corn and snow. When they think of Oklahoma they think about how close to Texas they are.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though......people who live away from here don't know that Oklahoma is as boring as Nebraska.

When people think of Nebraska they think of corn and snow. When they think of Oklahoma they think about how close to Texas they are.

LMAO

You're just reaching now.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what, I personally wouldn't mind any coach using NU as a stepping stone. seriously, what's the big deal if they get us back in the National Championship picture? If that guy steps up, it's going to be a great job for another coach. sooner or later, I'd think we'd find the guy that would stick, maybe it's Scott Frost after he gets seasoned at a Mid-Major.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Bo than get an outsider
-------
So go with Craig Bohl. He was here at Nebraska longer than Bo. And he coached at roughly the same level of school as Devaney did before Devaney got to Nebraska. Plus Bohl's had tremenous success at NDSU. Seriuosly, we just need a proven experienced HC. And I don't think "ties" to Nebraska should be part of the criteria because that becomes too limiting on whom we hire. Besides as been mentioned before, we've now tried that twice and both times its been part of the downslide. One can fully understand the Nebraska football "culture" without having been a part of it.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine what the nfl would look like if teams only hired coaches with "ties" to the city or state of the team. Most of the top CFB schools HC's have little to none whatsoever connection to the school or state they coach for, Bo included

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is acting like Frost would come back here. I dont think it is as cut and dry as him just being from Nebraska so he automatically wants to come back here and be the head coach. I mean we booD him when he came back here, and then got on our knees after he started winning. I dont think that that is very easily forgotten.

I personally want Bo to succeed here. But if he does get the big ugly ax then I would want Bohl as HC and Frost as OC./ coach in waiting. I think that Frost is a great OC but needs many more years to be a HC especially at a program like Nebraska with a what have you done for me lately mantallity and standards set so high. (not saying they are not high anywhere else)

Does anyone else wonder what Ron Brown could do with our offense if he was moved to OC and Beck was coaching RBs

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the week goes on.. this game is just weird

fans of both teams think they'll get btfo and suckage all around

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks ugly on paper.

You can't favor either coach.

Nebraska's run blocking against Michigan's rushing D really. Which one gives?

Michigan's rushing D will have crowd noise to assist. Neither team can take the loss.

A Nebraska win moves them to 4-1 in the division and hope, where a Michigan loss moves them to 2-3 and surely seals their fate.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew Michigan was going to get destroyed by Mich State....

That game did not make me think any better if our chances. This is a game that Bo would typically lose here. We will win only if we play our best game of the season thus far.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, you know what this means . From today's practice report

“We don’t want to get out of our gaps or get too far above the quarterback where he can beat you,” defensive end Avery Moss said. “He’s an athletic quarterback and he can just run through lanes, so we’re focused on staying in our gaps and keying him. More discipline instead of more aggressive.”

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they are just saying that to be misleading.