• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Illinois

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will add to this firing the staff ---thaang

first of all --you all know I have really no knowledge about college foosball at all
I am fine with that
but I actually believe the Husker tradition went down hill the moment Frank Solich was fired
he was who TO picked to carry on the Husker torch
same as when BD gave the torch to TO
but this peterson dude called for his head and wanted change

and this is what we all have ta live with now as a Husker Nation

CHANGE

Bill Byrne wanted to hire from outside the program, but Osborne had to stick his nose into the deal. Bob Stoops has said that he would have accepted an offer from Nebraska! Our bowl streak and winning seasons would still be intact if that had happened!!! Also, we would have been to some major bowl games, and maybe even won a NC!!! A few conference titles would be in the history books too! Thanks Tom!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Stoops at Oklahoma does not necessarily equate to the same record at Nebraska. Texas boys are a lot closer to home in Norman OK then Lincoln Ne.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Serious question

Do we make a bowl only guarantee is Rutgers purdue and maybe Minnesota. That only 5......

In theory its crazy and blasphemy but sat loss shows anything is possible and I don't know wtf the staff is doing or thinking. But this is like Callahan nightmares again

Even Calahan would have run the clock down with running plays only. Also, we don't have even one game that is a guaranteed win the rest of the way. Purdue almost beat MSU yesterday, for example. Even though Nebraska has a great fan following for bowls, that's no guarantee for a bowl game with a 6-6 record. Nice job of coaching there Riley, you bonehead.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob Stoops at Oklahoma does not necessarily equate to the same record at Nebraska. Texas boys are a lot closer to home in Norman OK then Lincoln Ne.

Of course not, but how could anyone think he would not have had much more success than the other turds did at Nebraska? I will add that I'm not calling Solich a turd, just the other 3 clowns, Calahan, Pelini, and the present fella.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question on that TA thing is why can you not explain to your quarterback,
Maybe something like "look I know you're a gunslinger and make... what 50% of your passes noow... yeah yeah I know, I know. The receivers dropped them but if you did miss... hold on now, please don't cry. I didn't say you will miss, but if you did... well the clock stops. Yeah I'm pretty sure it stops on an incomplete pass but I'll check on it to be sure. Okay then go ahead, pass this game and I'll check on that"

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree completely this is the HWSNBN bullshit all over again. Maybe we can get Paul Johnson.

Also people who think firing Mike Riley would do more harm then good I ask would Alabama, ND and others sit around and wait to see if this staff would work? Shit he has been here almost a year and this is all he can get out of his players is one damn touchdown agaisnt Illinois??? I know Sabans second year was bad but he can still recruit to Alabama its much easier there. Nebraska doesn't have that luxury.

I am telling you the only way we will have success here again is if you pay a big time coach to come here. Someone who's system is proven

BINGO! Not only that, but Nebraska has the money to hire a great coach too! Unfortunately us fans have to accept garbage.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My question on that TA thing is why can you not explain to your quarterback,
Maybe something like "look I know you're a gunslinger and make... what 50% of your passes noow... yeah yeah I know, I know. The receivers dropped them but if you did miss... hold on now, please don't cry. I didn't say you will miss, but if you did... well the clock stops. Yeah I'm pretty sure it stops on an incomplete pass but I'll check on it to be sure. Okay then go ahead, pass this game and I'll check on that"

TA appears to be a cocky SOB, but by calling plays that won't allow him to pass, I bet even he would listen. This loss is on Riley.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA appears to be a cocky SOB, but by calling plays that won't allow him to pass, I bet even he would listen. This loss is on Riley.
Isis just picked up a pack of light bulbs at the store. Want me to send you one? I think yours is burned out.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO....... :L

HISL is talking about HwSnBn..... clownahan

I thought so, but I don't want to mention Calahan too much, even though we would have won the game yesterday with him as coach.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isis just picked up a pack of light bulbs at the store. Want me to send you one? I think yours is burned out.

Did you see TA dancing on the sidelines of the Miami game after they tied the game, you dork? Why not save the dancing until after actually winning the game?!

Also, why try to be the "star" by going for the whole ball of wax in one play in overtime in that game when there was plenty of plays to actually getting a score to win the damn game?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see TA dancing on the sidelines of the Miami game after they tied the game, you dork? Why not save the dancing until after actually winning the game?!

Also, why try to be the "star" by going for the whole ball of wax in one play in overtime in that game when there was plenty of plays to actually getting a score to win the damn game?
Then again it may not be the bulb. It could be a switch. Might need a professional.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I thought so, but I don't want to mention Calahan too much, even though we would have won the game yesterday with him as coach.

Pete and rePete are in a boat
Pete fell out, who's left.
rePete.

rePete.

rePete.

rePete.