• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND @ UV Pre Game Thread:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all they need to do is show lowlight film of the Northwestern game last year to remind the guys that you can't just show up and win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We moved up in the AP poll #9.

Folston injury is getting me a little nervous. Im excited to see Adams play.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he injured it while celebrating after a play. Kinda reminds me of Martin Grammatica that one time. Sheldon Day did something similar as a freshman. He was in on a play and nearly got the sack before one of his other teammates did it. I couldn't tell if Sheldon was angry he didn't get the sack or happy for his team mate, but he started jumping up and down and then reached down and grabbed his knee. I think that little dance he did cost him a couple of weeks.
I can't remember the name of the MLB player who had a game winning hit and all his teammates where all waiting for him at home plate. When he got there a crowd of players from the bench formed, as he got there he jumped up and down in celebrating fashion to land on home plate, he landed funny and messed up his knee and missed over a year. Sorry I can't remember his name but it only goes to show you just how stupid people can be celebrating instead of paying attention to the matter at hand. You hate to see anyone get hurt but especially something so stupid as jumping up and down on home plate in racous crowd of players. Damn that has to hurt rehabbing for well over a year. Moral to the story, stay focused.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs look like a passing team primarily, with a run-by-committee. Plays right into our D's strengths, should be a good game to see our corners work with the D-Line probably getting to pin their ears back which should lead to lots of Smith draped on the QB. :hope:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the name of the MLB player who had a game winning hit and all his teammates where all waiting for him at home plate. When he got there a crowd of players from the bench formed, as he got there he jumped up and down in celebrating fashion to land on home plate, he landed funny and messed up his knee and missed over a year. Sorry I can't remember his name but it only goes to show you just how stupid people can be celebrating instead of paying attention to the matter at hand. You hate to see anyone get hurt but especially something so stupid as jumping up and down on home plate in racous crowd of players. Damn that has to hurt rehabbing for well over a year. Moral to the story, stay focused.
I always hate it when players jump on one another in celebration. I cringe every time, thinking the pile on is going to bend somebody's knee the wrong way etc. Its not worth it. Even the jumping chest or side bump that these guys always do makes me worry somebody's gonna roll an ankle or something.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs look like a passing team primarily, with a run-by-committee. Plays right into our D's strengths, should be a good game to see our corners work with the D-Line probably getting to pin their ears back which should lead to lots of Smith draped on the QB. :hope:
Kelly's presser describes the QB as experiened adn they have big target receivers, although none with exceptional speed. Nothing our secondary can't handle. Their OL is more experienced, but, again, nothing exceptional. Our run defense appears fine so far.

The concern is, with a Tenuta defense, you can expect too much blitzing. Are Procise and Adams up to the task to deal with that? We should be able to burn them with screens if they over-rely on blitzes, whcih Tenuta does. Plus, with all the blitzing they did last week, they didn't get home on UCLA at all. Our OL unit is better than UCLA's, and I don't think the comparsion is even close.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that was Franklin Morales of the Angels and I think he broke his leg

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bellotti and Greg McElroy both said they would have Notre Dame at #5 on ESPN today.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get to nervous Pur. That OL is going to make anyone running the ball look good. Now if we had a shitty OL, then yes, I would be nervous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get to nervous Pur. That OL is going to make anyone running the ball look good. Now if we had a shitty OL, then yes, I would be nervous.
I guess its just its nice to have that experience and know that Folston doesn't fumble. I do think overall we will be ok. Like you said this Oline is nasty and might be the best in the country.

This week 1st rd test.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its just its nice to have that experience and know that Folston doesn't fumble. I do think overall we will be ok. Like you said this Oline is nasty and might be the best in the country.

This week 1st rd test.

I heard something the other day about Irish backs and fumbling, can't recall exactly what the # was, but I thought I'd heard/read that we'd had very few fumbles from our backs over the last few years, excepting for Golson's fumbles, we've carried that rock well it would seem. Pretty sure I saw an Adams run where he got into traffic and covered up with both hands. Not worried about fumbles, more like bad-exchanges, or a missed assignment that gets Zaire blindsided or something.

It is Zaire's first true road test I guess.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something the other day about Irish backs and fumbling, can't recall exactly what the # was, but I thought I'd heard/read that we'd had very few fumbles from our backs over the last few years, excepting for Golson's fumbles, we've carried that rock well it would seem. Pretty sure I saw an Adams run where he got into traffic and covered up with both hands. Not worried about fumbles, more like bad-exchanges, or a missed assignment that gets Zaire blindsided or something.

Yes pass protection is what we will miss a lot from Folston. Kelly has stated he is the best bay far out of all RBs. I do think overall CJ and Adams will get it done. I like Adams.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I can think of a couple of daggers from RB fumbles, one we overcame, one we didn't. I recall Cierre Wood f-ing fumbling as he was crossing the goal line in the triple over time against Pitt in 2012. That game gave me a heart attack.

Cam McDaniel, usually pretty reliable, fumbled in a game that ended up costing us, want to say Louisville or OK maybe I can't remember, but he was the last guy you'd expect that to happen. Other than that, I can't remember too many (certainly not a chronic problem).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can think of a couple of daggers from RB fumbles, one we overcame, one we didn't. I recall Cierre Wood f-ing fumbling as he was crossing the goal line in the triple over time against Pitt in 2012. That game gave me a heart attack.

Cam McDaniel, usually pretty reliable, fumbled in a game that ended up costing us, want to say Louisville or OK maybe I can't remember, but he was the last guy you'd expect that to happen. Other than that, I can't remember too many (certainly not a chronic problem).
It was northwestern. we fumbled, NW recovers and drives down the field with 1:30 sec left to win the game. That sucked last year.

Notre Dame's Cam McDaniel on his fumble: 'It's inexcusable'

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more day, I cant wait.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Kelly going for 2 when up by 11 was the big screwup in that game. We put them in a position where a TD and a field goal could tie us(which they did). Losing in OT to Northwestern was the worst loss of the year.

It was Terrible and sadly Golson shouldn't even have started that game who knows maybe the outcome would have been the same but I don't think so.