• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND Players in the NFL Thread:

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gray is doing pretty well for the Pats

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gray is doing pretty well for the Pats

Was gonna add with that too. Finished day with 86 yards, 5.1 ypc. Glad he's getting a chance to play. That injury his senior year really set him back. We likely would have had two 1000 yard rushers that year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND players are playing really well. Good to see. Also P. Shembo is playing for Atlanta. Also walls is starting. Te'o when healthy has played well.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate is having a pro bowl caliber season.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Floyd hurt? He got me zero fantasy points this week. :rant:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Floyd hurt? He got me zero fantasy points this week. :rant:

No he was getting doubled. He also almost had a diving TD grab. That open the game big time for Fitz.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach martin steal of draft. best OLmen in draft. He is a beast.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has been great for the Cowboys, I think I vomited a little, I hated seeing him end up in Dallas.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has been great for the Cowboys, I think I vomited a little, I hated seeing him end up in Dallas.

^^This^^ As much as I am happy for Martin, and I think he is a big piece to the resurgence of their offense, especially their running game, I really really really f ing hate the Cowboys. Its very hard to wish them well. I would die a happy man if Jerryworld looked like Heintz Field in Dark Knight Rises, with Martin standing alone, safe in the endzone while the rest of the team and the field collapse into the ground.

2Legit2Quit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This^^ As much as I am happy for Martin, and I think he is a big piece to the resurgence of their offense, especially their running game, I really really really f ing hate the Cowboys. Its very hard to wish them well. I would die a happy man if Jerryworld looked like Heintz Field in Dark Knight Rises, with Martin standing alone, safe in the endzone while the rest of the team and the field collapse into the ground.

It's pretty cool. I just moved here, but it's not like I was unaware of Jerry Jones or his Ego. I see lots of stuff on the local news and I remember when JJ's son was asked about JJ wanting Johnny Clipboard more than 'another OL'. He basically said that daddy gets caught up in the romance of the first round pick rather than seeing the best value for position is what I gathered from it. But I remember at the time thinking: man that's fucked up, you draft Martin then want to say some shit like you'd rather have had JFB? How must Zach feel? Well... I don't exactly know how it made Zach feel but apparently he decided to just let his play 'say' it all and I think that, was the right call. Now JJ is gushing about that line. It's very odd, I'm not really able to figure out if he's actually learned something from a GM perspective here or if it's more a ploy so that we don't know how stupid he really is.

The ONLY thing I can appreciate about the Cowboys is their willingness to play old school football; power running with some play-pass to complement. I really wonder WTF was the game plan last night because I sat here watching Wheeden come in after Romo got smacked and they ran the ball and executed their SAME offense and scored. Then Romo comes back in for that last drive and they fucking passed more than they ran the ball. Not only that but Marinelli rarely blitzed McCoy and he just sat there shredding 'em all night. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan and I doubt I ever will be, but I've lived in other major cities and of course I follow football so I follow what's going on with a team not only from local exposure but simply because I've always supported what teams I could locally (economically, not as a fan of them but of football). Watched the Vikings every week when I lived in Minneapolis too, plus my best friend and old roomie's favorite team is the Vikes.

I have the Bears listed as my NFL team because I was a fan in my youth, the whole '85 Bears year was a year I was very impressionable and I liked Sweetness, but in truth I haven't favored an NFL team for years. I just watch the NFL and hope for a good game, I leave the real fandom to our beloved Irish. I think it's interesting watching NFL teams rise and fall though. But there's no doubt, Martin was the right pick for them and he's doing nothing but shutting the boss up. Really going to be interested to see how Martin's contract goes when it comes around. JJ gonna have to pay up. :lol:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm a Niners fan in New England Knute, when I first started getting into football it was the early 90's and the Niners were on and fun to watch and now they are fun to watch again. But most of the past 15 years have been brutal.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh exactly Poe. I knew of the ND connection with Montana and I didn't 'like' the Niners per se, but it wasn't hard to see that they had something sweet going. Those teams under Walsh that started the Dynasty were just loaded.

I also remember watching the Steelers when I was a wee lad. My mom took me to some Super Bowl party and I remember nearly everyone there saying the Rams were going to kill 'em. I was like, I'll take the Steelers! By the end of the game I was like the only one with a smile on at the party... and I was like 8 yrs old at the time!

I'm kind of like Lou, good mind for football but my body just doesn't match up! :lol:

On a side note, am I the only one that's happy that Pete Carroll's bubble seems to be bursting? I really can't stand that guy.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gray having a great game tonight 170 plus yards 4 TDs. Happy for that guy. Floyd had a hell of a game too.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh exactly Poe. I knew of the ND connection with Montana and I didn't 'like' the Niners per se, but it wasn't hard to see that they had something sweet going. Those teams under Walsh that started the Dynasty were just loaded.

I also remember watching the Steelers when I was a wee lad. My mom took me to some Super Bowl party and I remember nearly everyone there saying the Rams were going to kill 'em. I was like, I'll take the Steelers! By the end of the game I was like the only one with a smile on at the party... and I was like 8 yrs old at the time!

I'm kind of like Lou, good mind for football but my body just doesn't match up! :lol:

On a side note, am I the only one that's happy that Pete Carroll's bubble seems to be bursting? I really can't stand that guy.

I'm loving it too, the sight of Pete Carroll makes my skin crawl.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gray having a great game tonight 170 plus yards 4 TDs. Happy for that guy. Floyd had a hell of a game too.

Injuries have plagued him going back to his days at Notre Dame, he's probably one of the top backs Notre Dame has recruited in the past 10 years he just couldn't stay healthy.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries have plagued him going back to his days at Notre Dame, he's probably one of the top backs Notre Dame has recruited in the past 10 years he just couldn't stay healthy.

Agree. He and Cierre Wood could have had 1000 yard seasons in 2011. He was a horse till he went down. You could tell he was frustrated when he got hurt, but has worked hard to get back. He got not only his first career TD, but his first 4.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff by Jonas ... but whyyyyy against the Colts dammit? :dhd:

Poor guy had that worst luck I can recall in a long time with injuries while at ND. Nice to see him get a big game like this ... always liked the guy.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He and Cierre Wood could have had 1000 yard seasons in 2011. He was a horse till he went down. You could tell he was frustrated when he got hurt, but has worked hard to get back. He got not only his first career TD, but his first 4.

Cierre "The Weed" Wood? Dumbass couldn't leave the ganja alone at ND and he can't stay away from it in the NFL either ... cost him a career and probably millions of dollars.

Sorry, no sympathy for that kinda shit here. If you put weed as a priority in your life, you get what you deserve. It's a waste & a shame, really.