• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ got released. I think he is the Steelers qb next season

They better go all in on Justin Fields first. It'd be pretty dumb for Wilson to be their first option even if he's likely coming cheap.

I think he'll end up in Vegas. Maybe Minny if Cousins does end up in Atlanta. And while Russ is almost cooked, I wouldn't mind him with the Titans as someone to push Levis in an open competition, but only if he comes cheap

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many young ones I would think they would want a vet. Hopkins is a FA I believe and would be a nice addition. The Titans signed him to a 1 year deal I think.

I'd be worried about an impending fade from Hopkins, he'll be 32 this season. Chiefs don't have a lot of cap to play with if they're going to keep Jones and/or Sneed. They haven't shown any tendency to spend big at WR thus far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better go all in on Justin Fields first. It'd be pretty dumb for Wilson to be their first option even if he's likely coming cheap.

I think he'll end up in Vegas. Maybe Minny if Cousins does end up in Atlanta. And while Russ is almost cooked, I wouldn't mind him with the Titans as someone to push Levis in an open competition, but only if he comes cheap

I agree about Vegas and Minny, and also think the Jets could be a sneaky team for Rodgers insurance.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Has malcontent written all over him” = OU fan holding a grudge. All he’s doing is exploring where he has leverage and where he doesn’t.
One of two options:
A) He contracts an agent that can extend his revenue stream and find ways to get around the rookie payscale
B) No one can mount any kind of process to get around the rookie scale so why pay an agent 6-10% of your contract to stamp a boiler plate on a salary that is already predetermined.

That’s not evidence of a malcontent. Neither is an unwillingness to share medical records. All that can be is data to be held against him. Many rookies will have to do that because it’s in their best interest. They don’t have the leverage Williams does as widely being viewed as the top QB in the draft. People exercising leverage doesn’t make them a future malcontent.

In fairness to you though, this may not be motivated by you being an OU fan. You seem to be pretty consistent on mounting objections for players and always picking the side of ownership when players attempt to utilize the leverage they have to negotiate their value.

Not to mention a lot of this nonsense seems to be coming from his father. How much of these questionable statements are attributable directly to Caleb?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^What I read to establish your claim “everybody is saying this stuff”

^^^More of why I said “everybody is saying stuff”

More of you saying it’s not you it’s just all over the place.

Are you upset I said “everybody” when you didn’t say “everybody”? Is this semantics now.

Show your work. It shouldn’t be hard to back up your claim that’s all over the internet. Where is this group calling him a future malcontent?

It would also be helpful to read the articles and not just the headlines.

Caleb will give his medicals to teams he meets with. Most people get privacy with their medical history as a given right, no need to throw it out there to the whole NFL (and ultimately the media) when there are a select few (and possibly only 1) teams with a chance at drafting him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ seems really douchy as a teammate to me

That said

He wildly overachieved for what one would've thought his path would've been

And then he walks into a weird and poorly coached first year with Denver...and then Payton certainly wasn't taking the big hit for Russ

so here we are

To me I never saw him as a top tier guy

apologies to anyone who did.

Giving yourself a nickname like DangeRuss is a bad start lol.

Loved him coming out of college and his early play. He still played pretty well last year; Payton just didn't want him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also be helpful to read the articles and not just the headlines.

Caleb will give his medicals to teams he meets with. Most people get privacy with their medical history as a given right, no need to throw it out there to the whole NFL (and ultimately the media) when there are a select few (and possibly only 1) teams with a chance at drafting him.
If there’s say something with my left shoulder that shows up in a medical report with multiple injuries and I’m an NFL QB…why would I want my opponents to have that information?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there’s say something with my left shoulder that shows up in a medical report with multiple injuries and I’m an NFL QB…why would I want my opponents to have that information?

It's like putting crosshairs on potential injuries, not to mention it's a simple privacy issue.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a commitment to get through because it’s so long but absolutely worth it for anyone interested. It’s so long cause he can’t hold back or control his emotions. That’s the way he played the game. My favorite Eagle of all time and I’m blessed to have seen his whole career.

The part where he was talking about his wife got me, they are both very lucky people. That dude is the man.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part where he was talking about his wife got me, they are both very lucky people. That dude is the man.
There will be another like him. He’s just a great man. We run student led retreats at the school where I teach. The retreats are called Kairos. A few years back, our priest had the 7-8 kids on the leadership team out to breakfast on the way to the retreat house to prepare. He was eating breakfast and our priest encouraged the kids to go over and say hi. He was so welcoming and kind. They went back and finished their meal. When the priest got up to pay, he discovered that Kelce had bought all of their breakfast. He said, “Father, I figured you were paying so I gave you a break.” He then went outside with the kids and had a picture taken. We still refer to that as the Kelce Kairos, haha.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be another like him. He’s just a great man. We run student led retreats at the school where I teach. The retreats are called Kairos. A few years back, our priest had the 7-8 kids on the leadership team out to breakfast on the way to the retreat house to prepare. He was eating breakfast and our priest encouraged the kids to go over and say hi. He was so welcoming and kind. They went back and finished their meal. When the priest got up to pay, he discovered that Kelce had bought all of their breakfast. He said, “Father, I figured you were paying so I gave you a break.” He then went outside with the kids and had a picture taken. We still refer to that as the Kelce Kairos, haha.
That’s incredible, you don’t see that kind of positivity and generosity floating around too much anymore. Everyone that knows him or has met him is better because of it in my estimation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to what Ditka did to get Ricky Williams.

Is it better to make that trade and move on from Russ or to trade 3 1sts, a 3rd and 2 4ths plus a fully guaranteed contract for Foster and be stuck with 64M cap hits for the next few years (or kick it down the road and pay even longer)?

Those 1sts have become Jordan Davis and Gibbs thus far, and could've been either Pickett or Levis used alone, or possibly could've gotten up in the Stroud/Richardson mix instead of going with Foster. Same possibilities for the Broncos in place of Wilson. So far, the Broncos picks became Charles Cross, Boye Mafe, Devon Witherspoon and Derick Hall plus the included players Fant, Lock and Shelby Harris. Denver also got a 4th in 2022 (Uwazurike).

Ditka traded one whole draft plus a 1st and 2nd the following year. Sounds like a lot, but when you look at what Chicago took with those picks....meh? Cade McNown, D'Wayne Bates, Nate Stimson, Khari Samuel, Desmond Clark and Billy Miller, then LaVar Arrington and Lloyd Harrison the following year.