• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from all the tributes coming in.....a really good guy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce gave a pretty good speech when he announced his retirement.
It’s a commitment to get through because it’s so long but absolutely worth it for anyone interested. It’s so long cause he can’t hold back or control his emotions. That’s the way he played the game. My favorite Eagle of all time and I’m blessed to have seen his whole career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ got released. I think he is the Steelers qb next season

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter had a great piece on Mort today on NFL Live.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take RW on the Raiders for the vet minimum. We could use the rest of of our cap space on upgrading other areas. And RW could get some revenge against the Broncos when they play next season.

RW is a lot better than the QB play we had last season with Jimmy G and O'Connell when McDumbass released Carr last offseason. Fucking bitch ass motherfucker.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ got released. I think he is the Steelers qb next season

They were talking about this on Speak and discussing what went wrong.

Joy Taylor made a really good point. She said that everyone was expecting RW to carry the Broncos to the Super Bowl...her question was...when has he ever carried a team to the Super Bowl? He's always been a very good QB and 1 that you can get to and win a Super Bowl with. But you have to have pieces around him. He's always been a tier below guys like Brady, Peyton Manning, Mahomes who can carry a team to the SB.

They also agree with you that the Steelers should be 1st in line to get him because they are built very much like the Seahawk teams he went to the Super Bowl with, good defense, running game, good receivers and late in close games when they were trailing...he could make plays that would help them win those games.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about this on Speak and discussing what went wrong.

Joy Taylor made a really good point. She said that everyone was expecting RW to carry the Broncos to the Super Bowl...her question was...when has he ever carried a team to the Super Bowl? He's always been a very good QB and 1 that you can get to and win a Super Bowl with. But you have to have pieces around him. He's always been a tier below guys like Brady, Peyton Manning, Mahomes who can carry a team to the SB.

They also agree with you that the Steelers should be 1st in line to get him because they are built very much like the Seahawk teams he went to the Super Bowl with, good defense, running game, good receivers and late in close games when they were trailing...he could make plays that would help them win those games.

yes

Russ has been a tier below the best qbs of all time

really hard hitting journalism

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes

Russ has been a tier below the best qbs of all time

really hard hitting journalism

Did you miss the point that he was treated like he was one of those who could carry a team to the Super Bowl and he's never been one of those guys?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the point that he was treated like he was one of those who could carry a team to the Super Bowl and he's never been one of those guys?

Russ seems really douchy as a teammate to me

That said

He wildly overachieved for what one would've thought his path would've been

And then he walks into a weird and poorly coached first year with Denver...and then Payton certainly wasn't taking the big hit for Russ

so here we are

To me I never saw him as a top tier guy

apologies to anyone who did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ seems really douchy as a teammate to me

That said

He wildly overachieved for what one would've thought his path would've been

And then he walks into a weird and poorly coached first year with Denver...and then Payton certainly wasn't taking the big hit for Russ

so here we are

To me I never saw him as a top tier guy

apologies to anyone who did.

That was the point. I'm an RW fanboy, but I wouldn't have him in the same tier as Brady etc.

But with what the Broncos gave up for him and what they are paying him, it seems like they thought they were getting a guy who could carry them to the SB. A lot of the media hyped him that way as well.

Like I said, I'm a fanboy and I wouldn't have given up what the Broncos did or paid him like they are.

to be fair to the folks on Speak...they fully admitted that they got caught up a bit in the RW hype train as well. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buccaneers resigned Mike Evans for 2 years. Have to think Mayfield will be signed soon.