• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this isn't what I was hearing when Lebron signed with the Cavs, and this isn't what I've been hearing the last several months in regards to Kyrie. A certain poster keeps mentioning that Kyrie is the best player Lebron has ever played with. Again, Wade in 09 was pretty damn good, but he wasn't the same Wade during Lebron's tenure in Miami. Kyrie also isn't the same player that he was at the age of 22.

So again, this falls under a super team. I don't care what these guys looked like a few years ago. What do they look like now?

And if this isn't a super team, then why did they just cut through the East like a hot knife through butter?

Well, we all know that poster is wrong.

Like I said, they might be a superteam now. Yes, it will be a failed season if they don't win. Yet still, they are heavy underdog because the team they are playing gives new definition to the term superteam.

In all honesty, this whole thing is a pretty silly debate. It all depends on point of view and definition of a term that is a bit subjective.

What is plain as day is that the circumstances surrounding LeBron's return to Cleveland were far different than the ones involved in his departure for Miami and KD's signing in GS. Cleveland had a lot more work to do and more unanswered questions before they arrived at their current level. Miami and Golden State were heavy favorites the day they landed their superstar free agent. Cleveland was merely one of a few with a good shot to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever makes you feel better. You keep comparing these Cavs to the Heat team and this Warriors team but it isnt the same. And it isnt excuse bc the Cavs would fail not winning a title, it is the goal for the defending champs without a doubt, duh. There is a difference between a goal and being outfavored by a wide margin. I think this is good though, I would rather them not be favored.

They are modeled exactly after the Heat team.
Heat were better defenders.
Cavs have more youth.

I want be feeling anything.
I wanted both teams to lose.

You can feel better though by not defining them as a super team despite the obvious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and look. You seem like someone with a lot of time on their hands.

It is why SportsHoopla has the search tool. If you don't know then you shouldn't make ridiculous claims. Wiggy and Gordon were posting often and freaking after the 2015 finals

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as Super as the Warriors.

Franchise superstar player tier:
LeBron, Curry, Durant

Allstar player tier:
Kyrie, Klay, Love, Draymond

Players that can win Finals MVP:
LeBron, Kyrie, Iguodala, Durant, Draymond, Curry

And that's why certain Cavs fans are trying so hard to spin the "not a super team" story. They thought they had THE super team until the Warriors "out superteamed" them.

Just because the Cavs got out superteamed, doesn't mean they aren't a super team.

It just means they have to settle for being Iron Man instead of SuperMan. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, Cavs teammates were lit at Future's concert

looks like the Cavs got bombed last night....i do have to say- out of all the Cavaliers teams i ahve watcehd- this team seems to be the closest and most tight knit - best chemistry- and a lot of the players have said that as well at times including all the Big 3.

pretty cool.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are modeled exactly after the Heat team.
Heat were better defenders.
Cavs have more youth.

I want be feeling anything.
I wanted both teams to lose.

You can feel better though by not defining them as a super team despite the obvious.
LOL

modeled exactly after? are you high?

Kyrie and Love---- compared to Wade and Bosh? cmon- the Cavaliers are a much better offensive team--- while the Heat were built much more defensively and to get out on the break.

Bosh- when he got there- and Wade couldnt shoot a 3.

Love and Kyrie are built specifically for that to give LeBron space. Each teams game is extremely different. I seriously have no clue what the hell you are talking about ---- especially since you have watched both teams how obviously different they are on the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. This isn't true.

Wade and LeBron were both legit superstar players when they joined forces. They were 2 of the top 3 players in the league (possibly top 2). Love and Bosh compare fairly well. I think Bosh is better, but it is a good comp. Kyrie is an all star and a good player, but nowhere near Wade's level in '09.

Call the Cavs a superteams if you want, but they are not as "super" as the Warriors or the Heat. They are more on the level of the KG/Pierce/Allen Celtics.
Right now?

i think the Cavs are a GREAT team- and its because of more than just LeBron. They have Kyrie and Love - both who have improved leaps and bounds the last 2 years- mentally, leadership wise etc.

When LeBron just got here? no-

I mean when LeBron just got here- the team was so totally different. I think the only players that matter are LeBron, Kyrie, Love and TT. ---- but when LeBron got here- Kyrie and Love were very very good players in a way- but each was young, and they didnt know how to win.

Day 1 of game 1- this was the team:

LeBron- (who- i mean- if a super team is just how good you are- i mean- is any team lebron could go to automatically beomce a super team?

PG- Kyrie
SG- Waiters
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

bench- thompson, Delly, Marion, joe harris

now- THAT was def. not a super team....Kyrie at 22 years old, Waiters, Love had just turned 26, Varejao was getting washed up. etc...bench was pretty bad- thompson was good but delly was awful at that time, marion had nothing left, joe harris was awful

with all the moves and all the trades over the last couple yeras and the development of all those guys--- the improvements Love, Kyrie, Thompson have made....trading for Smith and Shumpert, trading for Korver, signing Jefferson, Dwill, ----

now- they are a GREAT team....but right when they came together- it was still a work in progress- it could have gone either way if not for LeBron and his leadership ability, and David Griffin doing an amazing job of adding pieces.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

modeled exactly after? are you high?

Kyrie and Love---- compared to Wade and Bosh? cmon- the Cavaliers are a much better offensive team--- while the Heat were built much more defensively and to get out on the break.

Bosh- when he got there- and Wade couldnt shoot a 3.

Love and Kyrie are built specifically for that to give LeBron space. Each teams game is extremely different. I seriously have no clue what the hell you are talking about ---- especially since you have watched both teams how obviously different they are on the court.

Only in Wiggyworld.
Convince us again why they aren't a supposed super team.
Heat was just a better version.
If you win this year my opinion will change.