• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph is healthy this time so not happening. But even if it happens, if the Warriors win no one will care.
neither guy can cover eachother thats for sure

itll be interesting to see how they match up. it sounds like Klay is gonna be guarding Kyrie a lot.....

i wonder if Kyrie will be guarding Klay or Curry. Id rather have him guard Klay and just take away the 3 pt line from Klay. Make him put it on the floor.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are getting too deep in the woods here to avoid 'conceding' something. What does "intent" have to do with it? You are a "superteam" or you aren't. Everyone's "intent" is to create the best team they can. Some get lucky and end up with "superteams". They are super not because of intent but because of what they are.

Intent is why the money was spent in the first place. Just because it doesn't work out, doesn't mean the intent to form a superteam wasn't there.

As an example, the Kobe/Dwight/Nash Lakers were supposed to be a superteam and on paper, they were. It obviously didn't work out for them, but that was the intent.

Clearly, the results were not befitting a superteam, but the names on the roster and the amount they were paid was.

Because of the results, I suppose you can't call them a true superteam. I guess for teams like that I prefer...faile superteam. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither guy can cover eachother thats for sure

itll be interesting to see how they match up. it sounds like Klay is gonna be guarding Kyrie a lot.....

i wonder if Kyrie will be guarding Klay or Curry. Id rather have him guard Klay and just take away the 3 pt line from Klay. Make him put it on the floor.

Agreed, that will be the plan. But the Warriors set screens and pass the ball so much no one stays on anyone that consistently. It's part of their offensive genius. No ISO ball for these guys.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intent is why the money was spent in the first place. Just because it doesn't work out, doesn't mean the intent to form a superteam wasn't there.

As an example, the Kobe/Dwight/Nash Lakers were supposed to be a superteam and on paper, they were. It obviously didn't work out for them, but that was the intent.

Clearly, the results were not befitting a superteam, but the names on the roster and the amount they were paid was.

Because of the results, I suppose you can't call them a true superteam. I guess for teams like that I prefer...faile superteam. lol

I'm not saying the intent wasn't there, I'm saying (to me) intent is irrelevant. If you succeed in creating a superteam, then you have. If you intend to and don't, then you don't have a superteam. A failed superteam is not a superteam. Kind of tautological.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's gonna be tough for the Cavs. If I'm the Cavs, I agree, put Kyrie on Klay. I think Curry is more explosive and defense isn't Kyrie's strength. I'd probably put JR on Curry as much as possible. JR has some crazy in him and might be able to get in Curry's head a little.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the intent wasn't there, I'm saying (to me) intent is irrelevant. If you succeed in creating a superteam, then you have. If you intend to and don't, then you don't have a superteam. A failed superteam is not a superteam. Kind of tautological.

I think you're missing the point of that part of the discussion. It was about the money being spent. The intent to put together a superteam is the reason the money was spent. That's what makes it relevant to that part of the discussion.

Of course a failed superteam doesn't count as a true superteam (you need to make the finals at least), but the money was spent attempting to build one, or in the case of your Warriors in a couple of years, will likely be spent to keep one together.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go that far. Clearly the warriors are more super.

Also, the payroll thing really means nothing. Obviously the team with the highest payroll today will have the highest in league history. Guess what? In 10 years, the team with the highest payroll then will also be highest in league history whether they are a super team or not.

I agree. Not sure why people continue to bring up payroll. It means nothing, we see teams with high payroll that arent elite. Plus overpaying guys will do that to a teams' payroll.

Going by some peoples' definition you have a high payroll, have 3 all-stars or more. So many teams are listed, especially under the 3 all-stars. Love hasnt made an all-star team since he came to Cleveland. Werent we hearing for two years that Love was overrated but all of a suddeb he is a star that makes up a superteam. The logic makes zero sense so I am done on that subject lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Herd w/Colin Cowherd @TheHerd

"Ultimately when LeBron leaves the NBA, he will have left it in ruins and has not elevated the game." —

I heard this same guy saying the same thing on the radio today driving home. Dumbest thing I've heard. Of course, they used to say the same thing about MJ, so Lebron's in some pretty good company.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing the point of that part of the discussion. It was about the money being spent. The intent to put together a superteam is the reason the money was spent. That's what makes it relevant to that part of the discussion.

Of course a failed superteam doesn't count as a true superteam (you need to make the finals at least), but the money was spent attempting to build one, or in the case of your Warriors in a couple of years, will likely be spent to keep one together.
the "intent to put on a super team"?

wtf does that even mean? does a team spend into the luxury tax to try and do anything else but to try and make their team the best it can be? Isn that what a GM's freaking job is? lol.

the amount of machinations and gymnastics you are doing to try and shoe horn your argument is truly ridiculous and transparent.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wtf does that even mean? does a team spend into the luxury tax to try and do anything else but to try and make their team the best it can be? Isn that what a GM's freaking job is? lol.

the amount of machinations and gymnastics you are doing to try and shoe horn your argument is truly ridiculous and transparent.

Your argument saying the Cavs aren't one is what?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said they werent-

i just want to know exactly what people think the definition of a super team is.

i mean- i would say if LeBron James played for the Sixers they would be a "super team" because of LeBron alone. I mean- arguably the greatest of all time in his prime is gonna do that.

i just dont know what peoples criteria is- # of past all star performancse, All nba teams? payroll? how many championships youve won? how good your coach is? 60 win seasons? i think before you can say whether this team or that team is a "super team" you actually have to settle on a definition of what that is.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He likes to play both sides. The Cavs are awesome and great and historic and have great chemistry and LeBron is god and Kyrie is amazing and Love is playing great and TT is awesome and....

But no they aren't super LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, are you even serious here? You don't know what intent to build a superteam means? Seriously?!?

After the neverending bullshit you have posted about the money Dan Gilbert has spent?

Not every team spends well into the luxury tax. Teams that do are trying to build superteams, which is what I have been saying all along.

The money spent and the players they got with it are why the Cavs are a superteam.

Your inability to grasp what has been said has nothing to do with any "machinations" (especially since you essentially agreed with what I have said) it just shows how clueless you truly are.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes to play both sides. The Cavs are awesome and great and historic and have great chemistry and LeBron is god and Kyrie is amazing and Love is playing great and TT is awesome and....

But no they aren't super LOL

these guys are already getting their excuses ready in case they come up short...

as Mike Brown said, it's cute...:heh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said they werent-

i just want to know exactly what people think the definition of a super team is.

i mean- i would say if LeBron James played for the Sixers they would be a "super team" because of LeBron alone. I mean- arguably the greatest of all time in his prime is gonna do that.

i just dont know what peoples criteria is- # of past all star performancse, All nba teams? payroll? how many championships youve won? how good your coach is? 60 win seasons? i think before you can say whether this team or that team is a "super team" you actually have to settle on a definition of what that is.

There is no exact definition, but if you are healthy, have James plus 2 current all stars you're pretty much there.
Add a totally healthy highest payroll ever, plus 20M of additions added for nothing and that has to put you over the hump.
No excuses accepted from either side.
Both are exactly where they wanted to be, how they wanted to be.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these guys are already getting their excuses ready in case they come up short...

as Mike Brown said, it's cute...:heh:

To be fair I'd be pretty pissed as a Cavs fan, to assemble a really great team only to have this juggernaut coming at them...

And they may even win it, which would be truly historic and put LeBron 1B to Jordan's 1A in my book.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I'd be pretty pissed as a Cavs fan, to assemble a really great team only to have this juggernaut coming at them...

And they may even win it, which would be truly historic and put LeBron 1B to Jordan's 1A in my book.

Yeah, if they pull that off, there'd be nothing left but to give a big tip of the hat to the Cavs and Lebron.

I currently have Lebron at 4 on my list (after MJ, Kareem and Magic). If the Cavs pull this off, I'd definitely put Lebron over Magic and might have him tied with Kareem or even slightly ahead. The MJ ship has sailed, imo.