• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My week 1 summary

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Week 1 power rankings:

32. Denver Broncos-Why bother to pick up McGahee, then run it a total of 12 times in a tight
game, especially when Orton isn't exactly lighting it up?
31. Seattle Seahawks-Did they borrow the special teams from San Diego?
30. Indianapolis Colts-Wow. Are the Colts this bad, or is Houston that good? With no Peyton, this is going to be an ugly ugly year. Might as well tank.
29. Cleveland Browns-One good quarter out of 4 isn't going to win many games. Might not want to be in a defensive huddle while the other team is already lined up.
28. Minnesota Vikings-39 yards passing? Really? If you get fans pining for the Tavarius Jackson days, something's wrong. This just in: the entire Viking D-line just jumped offsides.
27. San Francisco 49ers-Won, but Seattle blows.
26. Kansas City chiefs-You just made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Jim kelly.
25. Cincinnati Bengals-Dalton played decent, but took a play, where literally, there wasn't a defense to get the lead back.
24. Carolina Panthers-Well, Newton definitely shined, but Beason is a huge loss.
23. Tennessee Titans-Chris Johnson's holdout strikes, as they only give him 9 carries, and he's a non-factor, and completely screwed my fantasy team.
22. New York Giants-You can't make Rex Grossman look like a pro-bowler and expect to win.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars-Won, but in no way, shape, or form am I sold on McCown.
20. Oakland Raiders-Janikowski was completely worth that 1st round pick.
19. Washington Redskins-Does anybody really think Grossman is going to lead them to the playoffs?
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-I love the talent there, but I think still too much youth to contend this year.
17. St Louis Rams-Bradford will just keep getting better.
16. Miami Dolphins-Henne looked better, but give still lost. Brandon Marshall is a beast, but I question Bush as their RB. Side note: when I typed Bush's name, I accidentally mistyped Bush, replacing the H with a T. Which was right?
15. Buffalo Bills-Fitzpatrick, Jackson and Johnson looked like Kelly, Thomas, and Reed.
14. Arizona Cardinals-Offense put up huge numbers with Kolb, but the defense better play better. They let Cam make me look bad for saying he'd be awful.
13. Dallas Cowboys-Eli turns it over a lot, but Romo does it at the worst possible times. The pick to Revis was one of the worst throws I've ever seen.
12. Atlanta Falcons-Yes, they looked terrible, but I just think they're going to still compete. The bright side? They're still tied for 1st in the division.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers-Wow, they just got dominated in a way that I can't even fathom, in every possible way. Am I the only one who LOVED seeing Hines Ward get the s&%t knocked out of him by Jarrett Johnson?
10. Detroit Lions-A healthy Stafford gives them a shot at the playoffs.
9. Chicago Bears-Could be battling the Lions for that wildcard spot.
8. New Orleans Saints-Will get a better reading on what they can do against somebody that isn't putting on a clinic like Green Bay did.
7. San Diego Chargers-I love watching Tolbert run. He's almost impossible to bring down on first contact.
6. New York Jets-Had to have the game handed to them by Romo, but made some big plays when they needed to.
5. Houson Texans-Hard to gauge the new defense against the abyss that was the Indy offense, but the offense looked great, even without Foster.
4. Philadephia Eagles-Vick looked electric, DeSean Jackson is still hard to cover, and McCoy is a star.
3. New England Patriots-517 yards passing, 4 TDs, Welker has a 99 yrd TD. Yep, seems about right.
2. Baltimore Ravens-This was a beatdown of epic proportions. I hate the Ravens, but for one day, I enjoyed every second of their play. Jarrett Johnson is my new favorite player.
1. Green Bay Packers-Just Wow.

MVPs of the Week:

Aaron Rodgers-Obviously.
Jarrett Johnson-Who doesn't want to see Hines Ward laid out?
Tom Brady-Why do teams keep trying all-out blitzes against him?
Ted Ginn JR-KR and PR for TDs. Can't beat that. Now if only he could catch.

Goats of the week:

Donovan McNabb-Just 39 yards passing in his debut. Better do better than that.
Ben Roethlisberger-Did his best Eli impersonation with 5 turnovers.
Seattle Special Teams-They're still chasing Ted Ginn somewhere.
Tony Romo-Two humongous turnovers in crucial situations. He's right, the cost them the game.

Random thoughts:

1. With all the talk of the new kickoff rule, we had kickoff returns for TDs by Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn JR, and Percy Harvin, and several other long returns. The new rule seems to be leading to fewer returns, and better selectivity as to when to attempt it.
2. Aaron Rodgers is now 1A alongside Tom Brady as the best QB in the game.
3. Sebastian Janikowski can kick it a mile.
4. Stafford to Johnson is going to be a great combination for years to come.
5. The Colts could go straight from Peyton Manning (one of the best QBs in history) to Andrew Luck, the best QB prospect since....Peyton Manning.
6. I'd love to see when the last weekend was where the Bengals, Bills, Lions, and 49ers all won on the same weekend.
7. Who would have predicted the NFC South would be 0-4?
8. Did I mention I LOVED the Jarrett Johnson hit on Ward???

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton had 302 yards passing. Your opinion of him is flat wrong. If the Bengals had Orton they'd win the division.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he sucked last night, not as a whole.

302 yards is the very definition of lighting it up. I'm calling you out. Orton is the best player on that sorry team. Rank them last....but not because of him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Orton sucks. Definition of game manager. Not a strong arm. Not accurate with the long ball. I could see Dalton become him.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton sucks. Definition of game manager. Not a strong arm. Not accurate with the long ball. I could see Dalton become him.

That's because you're an idiot. Dalton will never sniff anywhere near the numbers of Orton.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love Orton. He's never gonna be a star, franchise QB, but he's reliable, smart, and doesn't turn the ball over. Not great, but a solid starting QB. I'd love to have him.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, yardage means everything. I forgot. He had 1 TD, 1 INT, and barely completed 50%. Throw in a fumble and a 74 QB rating, and I'd say he was brilliant.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love Orton. He's never gonna be a star, franchise QB, but he's reliable, smart, and doesn't turn the ball over. Not great, but a solid starting QB. I'd love to have him.

I like Orton to a point. He's better than Quinn and Tebow, but he turned it over twice last night. Yardage is a poor barometer to judge a performance by. That said, he's better than many starting QBs.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Orton to a point. He's better than Quinn and Tebow, but he turned it over twice last night. Yardage is a poor barometer to judge a performance by. That said, he's better than many starting QBs.

LOL! Keep clinging on to that "Newton is gonna suck" stance. I love it! Be strong!

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Are we talking Orton or Dalton?

Sounds a lot like you just described Dalton. As well, he'll likely never be great, but can be a solid starting QB.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking Orton or Dalton?

Sounds a lot like you just described Dalton. As well, he'll likely never be great, but can be a solid starting QB.

No, Dalton will never in his career throw for 300 yards. He's not capable. It will never happen. He's horrid.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL! Keep clinging on to that "Newton is gonna suck" stance. I love it! Be strong!

What the fuck are you talking about. I never mentioned Newton's name. Orton is a middle of the road QB. Not top 10. Certainly not bottom 10. Somewhere in the middle. Last night, he played OK, but most certainly didn't "light it up" unless your only goal is to accumulate yards.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about. I never mentioned Newton's name. Orton is a middle of the road QB. Not top 10. Certainly not bottom 10. Somewhere in the middle. Last night, he played OK, but most certainly didn't "light it up" unless your only goal is to accumulate yards.

The exact goal is to accumulate yards. Are you mad? It's not Orton's fault he has no help.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah, silly me. I thought the goal was to score points and win the game. I've been going about this all wrong. Kevin Kolb and Chad Henne are top 5 QBs.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, silly me. I thought the goal was to score points and win the game. I've been going about this all wrong. Kevin Kolb and Chad Henne are top 5 QBs.

Well, Kolb is a bum. That's confirmed. He's a waste.

Henne is a Kitna. Good dude. A Rudy type. A guy people can rally behind.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the goal was to put your team into a position to score without turning the ball over.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kramer's just arguing for arguments sake. No way does he believe what he types.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least it's entertaining... for me at least. Also, he's at least consistent with arguing. Kramer is the Skip Bayless of the Bengals board. Give 'em hell Kramer

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's entertaining... for me at least. Also, he's at least consistent with arguing. Kramer is the Skip Bayless of the Bengals board. Give 'em hell Kramer

I will. No worries, Dalton is a bum. Is everyone blind? Stupid? Deaf? Dumb? The guy is a bum.