• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on Wings Phoenix game 3 (Wings perspective)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was terrible. We allowed too many odd man rushes where the defense pinched to the middle and then an easy pass went to a wide open Coyote winger who was given a free shot from the circle.

We were too busy trying to cycle the puck in the offensive zone and did not get enough quality scoring chances of our own. Bert needs to shoot the puck more along with others.

Howard made some solid saves and when he did give up a bad rebound, the Coyotes capitalized. The fourth goal was a backbreaker and I am sure he would like that one back.

Not time to panic yet. The Wings can rebound but we need to play a lot better in both ends.

Not a good opening playoff game to go to. The crowd on the bench side of the upper bowl was pretty good but could have been a bit louder. I heard on the radio driving home from the game that the crowd was dead quiet which is not right.

Go Wings and take game 4.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Wings go back to Ozzie for game 4, post, or has that ship sailed?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Wings go back to Ozzie for game 4, post, or has that ship sailed?

I am still on the boat that thinks we need to ride Howard.
There are rumblings that say otherwise and I guess it is possible, but I would put money on Howard starting if I had to bet.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that Ozzie says he is ready to go but hopes he does not need to. He is helping out Howard. Babcock has said he is comfortable with Howard as of right now. I would not be surprised if Howard is extremely shaky next game that they throw Ozzie in there though.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a great series. I agree, not time to panic just yet. The Wings are still in it.

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The defense was terrible. We allowed too many odd man rushes where the defense pinched to the middle and then an easy pass went to a wide open Coyote winger who was given a free shot from the circle.

We were too busy trying to cycle the puck in the offensive zone and did not get enough quality scoring chances of our own. Bert needs to shoot the puck more along with others.

Howard made some solid saves and when he did give up a bad rebound, the Coyotes capitalized. The fourth goal was a backbreaker and I am sure he would like that one back.

Not time to panic yet. The Wings can rebound but we need to play a lot better in both ends.

Not a good opening playoff game to go to. The crowd on the bench side of the upper bowl was pretty good but could have been a bit louder. I heard on the radio driving home from the game that the crowd was dead quiet which is not right.

Go Wings and take game 4.

It pains for me to say this but Lidstrom and Rafalski looked old a slow. And they were playing so well the last 25 games, seemed like night and day.

Howard did give up the soft rebound but the fourth goal was Lids and Raffys fault as much as Howards. They backed in way below the top of the circle to allow a good scoring op.

Right now the Wings seem to need a bit of adversity to up there level of play. I fully expect we see that out of them tonight.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts:

1. 630!?!?!!?! come on. i won't even get out of work by 630. and who in phoenix (if they really are trying to sell the game there) is gonna be out by 330? well at least on center ice i can start from the beginning. just gotta not answer any phone calls and keep the ipod on the drive home.

2. i thought the wings looked like the wings from the regular season last year, great-to-dominant in some stretches, uninvolved in others, and a few completely boneheaded defensive plays that predictably cost them goals. the wings team that finished the regular season this year looked like the wings team that won it 2 years ago. i am looking for some effing cosistency.

3. gotta stick with howard. win or lose. you made the transition this year, if you're gonna go out, it's gotta be with this guy because you have to know if he's a guy that can keep you in and maybe win you a playoff series.

4. phoenix is a great team and probably the most underrated in the playoffs, they were just a win or two away from the #1 overall seed. wings and yotes 2 of the 3 hottest teams coming down the stretch and the one team i was most afraid of (2nd would be nashville). would not surprise me at all if phoenix wins this game.