• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Take on Preseason

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team with no spunk and no fire they play flat .. as I type this I am watching jags vs Pitt players are pondering there chest they look alive ... I would say this could be RR and jDR last year.. but the problem is with Snyders shenanigans and I don't think we can get better coaches do to P.R issues etc etc .. I say 4 wins tops something is not right . I been watching other preseason games and the Commanders have looked Worse then any other team by Far

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team with no spunk and no fire they play flat .. as I type this I am watching jags vs Pitt players are pondering there chest they look alive ... I would say this could be RR and jDR last year.. but the problem is with Snyders shenanigans and I don't think we can get better coaches do to P.R issues etc etc .. I say 4 wins tops something is not right . I been watching other preseason games and the Commanders have looked Worse then any other team by Far
I haven't watched a second of anyone else minus some highlights. I'll take your word for it. I do think we are purposely not showing much on offense. Remember when they hid McLaurin all pre season and then unleashed him on Philly week one.

I can see the same thing happening on offense this year. We were minus Logan, JD, Cole Turner, both our starting guards, our best blocking TE in Bates and Chase. I'm not ready to call off the season yet.

To your point about emotion. You might be right. I think special teams coverage is playing with their hair on fire and Reaves was out there flying around on defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched a second of anyone else minus some highlights. I'll take your word for it. I do think we are purposely not showing much on offense. Remember when they hid McLaurin all pre season and then unleashed him on Philly week one.

I can see the same thing happening on offense this year. We were minus Logan, JD, Cole Turner, both our starting guards, our best blocking TE in Bates and Chase. I'm not ready to call off the season yet.

To your point about emotion. You might be right. I think special teams coverage is playing with their hair on fire and Reaves was out there flying around on defense.
My first take about Buff's comment is when I watch other teams "how come they always look better?" We do not have anything invested in those games whereas we nit pick every little thing in Washington's game.

I have watched at least parts of a lot of preseason game. I watched a good bit of that Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonville game and was not impressed with either team. I would rather have Wentz at QB than the guys they have.

You are 100% correct that we are not game planning. Second concern is Wentz looks like he is forcing some throws on third down. Also Cosmi's offside hurt and that was followed by Cosmi's guy getting a sack. Drive killer. Mahomes was awesome. Washington sort of won the game after Mahomes left but that was with backups.

John Riggins used to score a TD and toss the ball to the ref. Do they need to pound their chest? Especially in a meaningless game?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first take about Buff's comment is when I watch other teams "how come they always look better?" We do not have anything invested in those games whereas we nit pick every little thing in Washington's game.

I have watched at least parts of a lot of preseason game. I watched a good bit of that Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonville game and was not impressed with either team. I would rather have Wentz at QB than the guys they have.

You are 100% correct that we are not game planning. Second concern is Wentz looks like he is forcing some throws on third down. Also Cosmi's offside hurt and that was followed by Cosmi's guy getting a sack. Drive killer. Mahomes was awesome. Washington sort of won the game after Mahomes left but that was with backups.

John Riggins used to score a TD and toss the ball to the ref. Do they need to pound their chest? Especially in a meaningless game?
I really don't know what to make of this team from what I've seen so far. My guess is we are gonna score a bunch and give up a bunch.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we arent showing anything now my issue is with the guys we have hurt mistakes will be made early in the season

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we arent showing anything now my issue is with the guys we have hurt mistakes will be made early in the season
The way the schedule breaks down, we can't afford a slow start. Some combination of 2-1 is a must imo. Preferably 3-0 headed to Dallas.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the schedule breaks down, we can't afford a slow start. Some combination of 2-1 is a must imo. Preferably 3-0 headed to Dallas.
you cant lose winnable games to jags and lions , thats all i will say if we arent 2-0 its failure

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant lose winnable games to jags and lions , thats all i will say if we arent 2-0 its failure
I think we are gonna beat Jacksonville, but Detroit is well coached and that game is no gimme.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so does that mean RR doesn't coach well because I believe it does I think he is a crappy coach
What I meant was people look at Detroit's roster and record last year and think that team is a layup. They lost a bunch of close games to good teams last year. We could and maybe even should get that, but it's a road game against a well coached team.

My statement had nothing to.do with Ron. Ron's just okay. He's been to a SB though. That's gotta count for something.

Screenshot_20220821-142549_Chrome.jpg

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it a week ago, the defense has issues, serious ones. There is talent but underwhelming success. Majority of the defense less CY started yesterday.
Can you identify improvements from last year? Can you see where JDR made some adjustments and fine tuned some things? Can you see the area's we shored up on defense with added talent? Can you not see where communication has improved immensely since last year?
Every question above deserves a No! Sometimes things just don't fit regardless of how hard you try. We are seeing that here with JDR. I don't see RR firing JDR now like he did Sam Mills, Jr last week but he should. Time to send a message to this defensive group because it's looking like another dismal season in which coaches will lose their job anyway. Insert Chris Harris now. Atleast the guys like him and respect him. Letting JDR go now will likely not change the narrative of the defense immediately but will have an effect moving forward into the season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he has not made any adjustments yet. It is preseason and they are not game planning. Don't know what the offense or defense will be once the season starts. :noidea:

Agree with kbso, Campbell got the Lions playing better last year. I don't see the game vs. the Lions a layup.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jags and lions are winnable games , if you can’t beat them you have no business talking playoffs .
The lions are least are our peers

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the NFL season is close when coach comes out with his 1st annual poop report.