• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Final Mock Draft

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The day of the f'n Draft edition!

1st round (17th overall) – Dre Kirkpatrick (Cornerback) Alabama

It’s no secret that the Bengals are going to take a player at this position at some point in the draft. Apparently if a Cornerback is there when the Bengals pick in the first, they are taking him. With Leon Hall’s status still in flux and in spite of having a bunch of former 1st round picks at the position (albeit ones that are on the other side of their careers), Corner remains a priority. Kirkpatrick can be eased into the lineup and learn under the vets while contributing early on in a special teams capacity.

Ultimate Dre Kirkpatrick Highlights - YouTube

1st round (21st overall) – Shea McClellin (DE/OLB) Boise State

Marvin is still searching for his Peter Boulware. He hopes he finds him in the form of Shea McClellin. A lot of people have the Bengals taking Courtney Upshaw (whom the Bengals are infatuated with…smokescreen?) so I went a different route. The Bengals have had coaches run drills during Boise State’s pro day and that might just be enough for them to move on McClellin here. DE is a position of need as is OLB. Of course the Bengals have a history of getting too cute when it comes to such experiments so I am not putting it past them.
Plus McClellin has that “motor” intangible that has been missing since Justin Smith would tackle the ball carrier seven yards down field.

Ultimate Shea McClellin Highlights - YouTube

2nd round (53rd overall) - Amini Silatolu (G/OT) Midwestern State

Ego gets in the way of drafting an offensive guard in the first round. If DeCastro were still available (he won’t be in my mind) it would be a mistake to pass on him. Otherwise, I am fine with addressing this need in the 2nd round. Apparently the Bengals are “enamored” with him and his “upside”. Well…we shall see. Let’s hope that he is not another version of Stacy Andrews/Otis Hudson (although in fairness, those two were taken later in the draft and were already acknowledged as works in progress). Silatolu has some mature questions, for which I am excited about!

*rolls eyes*

Amini Silatolu Highlights - YouTube

3rd round (84th overall) – Nick Toon (Wide Receiver) Wisconsin

Not the most dynamic WR in the class but a solid, all-around type that is suited to be a #2 in the NFL. Hey…that’s what we need. The son of former NFLer Al Toon, Nick can come in and compete right away for the #2 spot that was vacated when Jerome Simpson became a Viking. I would love Michael Floyd in the 1st but I doubt he is there so they find the guy to lineup opposite of A.J. in the 3rd round.

Nick Toon Highlights - YouTube

4th round (116th overall) – Tauren Poole (Running Back) Tennessee

Bernard Scott is going in to the final year of his contract. Plus, he is underwhelming…to put it nicely. Poole is good value at this point in the draft and has a year to develop. Missing out on ‘backs with “home run” potential is disappointing but there is only so much you can address in one draft. Poole is one that produced on some less than impressive teams at Tennessee and against the competition of the SEC.

Tauren Poole Highlights - YouTube

5th round (156th overall) - Michael Brewster (Guard/Center) Ohio State

Three year starter at the Ohio State University. Can be backup/and (hopefully) push Kyle Cook for the starting job in the future.

Michael Brewster NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season - YouTube

5th round (166th overall…part of Chad trade) – Christian Thompson (Safety) South Carolina State

Another late round Safety that the team will roll the dice on. Hey…it’s worked out well before, right? At the very least, he can play Special Teams this year. Fastest Safety at the Combine.

South Carolina State FS Christian Thompson Draft Profile - YouTube

5th round (167th overall…from Giants in Keith Rivers trade) – Brett Roy (Defensive End) Nevada

Defensive End is a need and it gets “addressed” with a late round project. Geathers is old and going into his last year. Michael Johnson is in a contract year. Fanene and Rucker are gone. He is another tweener that the Bengals seemingly can’t resist. He can’t be any worse than colossal bust Keith Rivers.

Nevada LB Brett Roy Draft Profile - YouTube

6th round – (191st overall) Adrien Robinson (Tight End) Cincinnati

Donald Lee is back but old. Need a young guy to step into that blocking/second receiving TE threat. If not…Dan Coats is still available.

Adrien Robinson touchdown vs USF - YouTube

7th round traded to San Francisco for Taylor Mays

- Note: Only one OG taken and no other O-linemen? We've got Otis Hudson yo!! Can’t fix everything but this is what I’ve got. Tonight should be fun!

My other submissions are below:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/66331-my-mock-draft-ii.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/61371-my-mock-draft.html

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toon is OK but if McNutt is still there at 84 and you guys take Toon over him then you're crazy ( although Marvin will probably be gone by then)