• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murray to have big day?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Saints Defense - the stats show that thay can be ran on. When I saw how many yards they had allowed/per game rushing I figured they had played some running QBs that may have skewed their stats some. Thats not the case. Of course Im sure some of this can be attributed to trying to keep Brees and Co. on the sidelines. With us throwing it 50 plus times last week and running 9 times and JG preaching more balance, one would think the running backs may get a few more opportunities this week. With that being said, I have always been one to say the better you run, the more you run instead of the other way around.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can probably average 6 ypc against the saints, which means he'll have 54 yards

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can probably average 6 ypc against the saints, which means he'll have 54 yards

LOL...saddest part is it may be true

I won't change my opinion. We are a much better team with Murray playing a big role in this Offense than we are with him an afterthought. Other teams seem to realize that you often can wear down a defense and run on them in the 4th Qtr. We run it a few times and then audible out of running plays the rest of the game. The guy is averaging 4.8 YPC and half our fans and the writers that follow the team are talking about why 80% runs in a game when you are the better team and at home isn't a stupid thing. I don't get it...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying abandon it. I just think the better you run early, the more you run instead of the more you run the better you run late. I understand wearing down a defense but if you arent running it well early then you likely are left in a lot of passing situations which in turn takes away from the run. I would like to get more creative with the running game. The third and one stuff is getting crazy . As soon as Dez goes out and Harris comes in along with 87 , I think my daughter realizes its a run coming.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stay with running the ball, in a way it's more about what it does to the defense beyond the yards you gain doing it. But I have to tell you, we could have 140 yards on the ground and it may not make any difference.

In this game, pressure on Brees is everything. We have to take a second or 2 off his clock. He has to get the feeling were coming on every down. If he can just sit back there ...... we will all be looking for the Tylenol.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are allowing 4.9 YPC. Dallas would have to be nuts not to try and run tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be a little less predictable about it than they have been. For instance, they don't have to run on 2nd down simply because they ran on 1st down and got 5-7 yards.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with 4 carries he wont. I was shocked when I read that last week. Your offense is so much better when he is more involved. Going to be interesting this week for sure. I am thinking shoot out!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with 4 carries he wont. I was shocked when I read that last week. Your offense is so much better when he is more involved. Going to be interesting this week for sure. I am thinking shoot out!!

Teams in the NFL these days completely abandon the run too often and too early these days. I know the NFL rules these days allow for the passing game to have great success. I know it is easy to want to use that great quarterback (Romo is playing very well this year). To truly have success on a consistent basis though I think the run game has to be more than just an afterthought.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's become popular to criticize the Cowboys for not running the ball more, and I'm guilty of doing it as well, but we need to be honest about Dallas when this topic arises. They don't run block well, their starting back is injury prone, they do plenty to take themselves out of running situations, and they're most effective in 4 and 5 receiver sets. While we can argue that they need to run more, the sad reality is that's it's much easier said than done for this Cowboys team.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Murray can't seem to stay healthy, he is currently 4th in yards per carry. So the thought process that Dallas just can't run is a bit of a stretch. We just don't run.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are allowing 4.9 YPC. Dallas would have to be nuts not to try and run tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be a little less predictable about it than they have been. For instance, they don't have to run on 2nd down simply because they ran on 1st down and got 5-7 yards.

I would hope if we run on first down and get 5-7 yards that we plan on running on a lot of 2nd downs as well.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's become popular to criticize the Cowboys for not running the ball more, and I'm guilty of doing it as well, but we need to be honest about Dallas when this topic arises. They don't run block well, their starting back is injury prone, they do plenty to take themselves out of running situations, and they're most effective in 4 and 5 receiver sets. While we can argue that they need to run more, the sad reality is that's it's much easier said than done for this Cowboys team.

:agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very critical of the play calling this year for its lack of running calls, but I have found out that Romo is the one checking out of the run calls and into pass calls. If we don't want to lose this game we have to stick to the run.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope if we run on first down and get 5-7 yards that we plan on running on a lot of 2nd downs as well.

Dallas tries. Dallas fails. I'm not saying just don't run on second down, but this isn't 1960, and these guys need to be willing to spread things out and pass in those situations. I don't know how many times we need to see them lose yards on a 2nd consecutive run before we realize that running it for the Hell of it doesn't work either.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Murray can't seem to stay healthy, he is currently 4th in yards per carry. So the thought process that Dallas just can't run is a bit of a stretch. We just don't run.

I wouldn't say they just can't run, but if we're being honest, that STL game helped out his average quite a bit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you even know what Murray's average YPC is? There will be good days and bad days, but when your top RB is averaging almost 5 YPC that is very good and yet reading your comments you'd think it was closer to 2 YPC. The main problem is we don't run enough. The Minnesota game was mind boggling. We didn't win the game because of the fact that we ran 8 running plays, we won in spite of running only 8 running plays.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to guess how awesome Murray's YPC is without the STL game?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was very critical of the play calling this year for its lack of running calls, but I have found out that Romo is the one checking out of the run calls and into pass calls. If we don't want to lose this game we have to stick to the run.

Yeah...a safety steps in the box and Romo changes to pass. Rob Ryan will bait Romo...hope Garrett overrides Tony.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does that game not count?

My thoughts exactly. We have played 9 games and Murray has missed 2.5. He had a very solid average per carry against the Rams and Vikings and a Giants if I recall correctly.