• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murray, McCoy, and possibly Peterson...Is Morris next?

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a genius to see the need to upgrade good players with better ones, it's the nature of the business. So I'll ask you.......if there is a RB in this draft that SM sees as a definite upgrade over Morris in terms of his size, speed, pass catching and blocking skills, would he be creating another hole by drafting him or filling the hole created by Morris' s deficiencies? The only question beyond that upgrade would be....what to do with Morris.

Again...a team has more than one running back....and by drafting one...we arent taking away from another hole...we are filling a hole we have with the loss of Helu. Just because you draft a RB doesnt mean we are looking to replace Morris...finding his eventual replacements...sure...if the player earns it...but any RB we draft will most likely compliment Morris...and vice versa

This isn't as hard as you are making it. I appreciate the deep thought you put into your posts...but you are definitely from an different dimension.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...a team has more than one running back....and by drafting one...we arent taking away from another hole...we are filling a hole we have with the loss of Helu. Just because you draft a RB doesnt mean we are looking to replace Morris...finding his eventual replacements...sure...if the player earns it...but any RB we draft will most likely compliment Morris...and vice versa

This isn't as hard as you are making it. I appreciate the deep thought you put into your posts...but you are definitely from an different dimension.

Yep - the assumption seems to be that a replacement will have no holes in their game which is most likely a flawed assumption. Most teams need complimentary backs & in almost all cases each will do some things very well & others not so well. You also can't assume that they are constantly going to ship out vets to ensure that the salaries are relatively low. Getting rid of a guy like Morris might be a move the team will regret (assuming that he doesn't break the bank with his demands next season which I don't think will occur).

People need to stop over-thinking things & let SM do things his way - that should work out just fine.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Fair enough......This however is not that difficult to understand. Way back when, there was one voice calling for a dedicated GM to replace BA. Despite the blowback, here we all are putting our faith in SM. What's his job? Is it not to be in constant upgrade mode? I believe so and further I find myself constantly looking at this roster identifying places where upgrades could and should be made. There has been too many years where this team refused to see beyond the moment while hiring patches. OK, I'll concede what I'm doing is ahead of the curve, however, it does puzzle me a bit as to why, even with the hiring of SM more people here are not doing the same thing. Classic example: Pierre Garcon, a subject I broached months ago. Now it's Morris, if you guys are upset with the idea of upgrading or doing something at these two slots, you're really going to shit cubes with my next target...........Trent Williams. Yep I said it Trent Williams.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Fair enough......This however is not that difficult to understand. Way back when, there was one voice calling for a dedicated GM to replace BA. Despite the blowback, here we all are putting our faith in SM. What's his job? Is it not to be in constant upgrade mode? I believe so and further I find myself constantly looking at this roster identifying places where upgrades could and should be made. There has been too many years where this team refused to see beyond the moment while hiring patches. OK, I'll concede what I'm doing is ahead of the curve, however, it does puzzle me a bit as to why, even with the hiring of SM more people here are not doing the same thing. Classic example: Pierre Garcon, a subject I broached months ago. Now it's Morris, if you guys are upset with the idea of upgrading or doing something at these two slots, you're really going to shit cubes with my next target...........Trent Williams. Yep I said it Trent Williams.

Dude - give it a rest. Again - just let SM do his job. Sure - it is fun to anticipate some moves, but really do you have to do this for basically the entire roster? No doubt part of your objective is to rile up folks here so I have to laugh when you appear to be surprised when people disagree & dismiss many of your suggestions.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKUSA2.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - the assumption seems to be that a replacement will have no holes in their game which is most likely a flawed assumption. Most teams need complimentary backs & in almost all cases each will do some things very well & others not so well. You also can't assume that they are constantly going to ship out vets to ensure that the salaries are relatively low. Getting rid of a guy like Morris might be a move the team will regret (assuming that he doesn't break the bank with his demands next season which I don't think will occur).

People need to stop over-thinking things & let SM do things his way - that should work out just fine.

I'm not sure if Morris' s salary demands in the future is at question. It is his skillset or better his lack of skills that concern me. Great back.....running the ball, but versatile...., NOT!!! The question going forward will be who and what type back is best for Gruden's (or the next coach's) offense. Sorry, but I don't see it as over thinking on a site where exchanges of ideas are its' lifeblood. I'm just not into the whole I like this player....or that one which is the annual ritual as the draft approaches. Checkers vs. Chess it seems......one is pretty vanilla and straightforward, the othe involves strategy and yes, a bit more thought beyond the moment.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - give it a rest. Again - just let SM do his job. Sure - it is fun to anticipate some moves, but really do you have to do this for basically the entire roster? No doubt part of your objective is to rile up folks here so I have to laugh when you appear to be surprised when people disagree & dismiss many of your suggestions.

Yep!!! The entire roster! You do understand that ultimately the entire roster does change, right? Funny how some are dismissive of my posts yet don't seem to understand that FA signings, the draft, cuts, and trades, contribute to that same end.

Last edited:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

couldn't have said it better myself.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.......Checkmate! !!
So your end game was to get me to call you a fool? Should have told me we were playing I would have accommodate you sooner.

Seriously don't act like you won some debate here...its opinion vs opinion. None of us are right.

So don't flatter yourself....fool.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Morris' s salary demands in the future is at question. It is his skillset or better his lack of skills that concern me. Great back.....running the ball, but versatile...., NOT!!! The question going forward will be who and what type back is best for Gruden's (or the next coach's) offense. Sorry, but I don't see it as over thinking on a site where exchanges of ideas are its' lifeblood. I'm just not into the whole I like this player....or that one which is the annual ritual as the draft approaches. Checkers vs. Chess it seems......one is pretty vanilla and straightforward, the othe involves strategy and yes, a bit more thought beyond the moment.

Again - your assumptions are flawed since 1. you are not likely to find a back who can do it all unless you pay a fortune (& finding it in the draft will be a crapshoot at best) & 2. this is why teams have multiple backs on the roster - the idea is that different backs have different skill sets.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!!! The entire roster! You do understand that ultimately the entire roster does change, right? Funny how some are dismissive of my posts yet don't seem to understand that FA signings, the draft, cuts, and trades, contribute to that same end.

You know why? Because none of us have to make these decisions. The Redskins pay people to do that type of thing. I you want to waste your time suggesting & anticipating every move - fine - have fun. Sounds like a waste of time to me. Honestly - starting a discussion about why they should possibly replace Trent Williams? LOL. How about a discussion about a replacement for Kerrigan? That would be an equal waste of time. Any other ridiculous topics that you want to address?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your end game was to get me to call you a fool? Should have told me we were playing I would have accommodate you sooner.

Seriously don't act like you won some debate here...its opinion vs opinion. None of us are right.

Agree. Great - he won & the prize is ........ absolutely nothing!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to know that I have that type of power over you! The ONLY reason that I thanked you is it's far better not to stoop to such a juvenile level. If you're reading the checkmate was related to another post. Now, in as much as I've gotten you to do that....let's see what else I can get you to do......do what he says!

bark like a dog - YouTube
upload_2015-3-18_14-34-14.jpeg▶ 0:31

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know that I have that type of power over you! The ONLY reason that I thanked you is it's far better not to stoop to such a juvenile level. If you're reading the checkmate was related to another post. Now, in as much as I've gotten you to do that....let's see what else I can get you to do......do what he says!

View attachment 13943▶ 0:31

Only in your dimension is this reality of yours true...Future boy!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - I have to laugh at anyone here whose primary objective is "Be right" or win some meaningless debate. I have stated many times that I would love to be wrong about most of my opinions if the end result was that the Redskins were doing very well. When are some folks going to understand that the opinions expressed here have no bearing on the team especially in the SM era. Oh well - go pickup your prize for being correct which is once again..... absolutely nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again . AM is cheap and has had 3 1000 yard years in a row worry about his contract when the time comes

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's on the Market I'd hope Dallas took a look at him. He's still young and has proven he can play at a high level in this league. Not sure why anyone would suggest trading him. Maybe he asks for 8M+ when his contract expires, then the team may have to let him go but right now I woulfnt consider him as trade bait.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's on the Market I'd hope Dallas took a look at him. He's still young and has proven he can play at a high level in this league. Not sure why anyone would suggest trading him. Maybe he asks for 8M+ when his contract expires, then the team may have to let him go but right now I woulfnt consider him as trade bait.

Pretty sure stymie, the OP, enjoys creating threads about 'what if' scenarios... Mostly to stimulate debate.

Some work, some don't.