• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MSU Counterpoint

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DELUSIONAL

ole miss crushed texas on the road and beat LSU. what exactly have the 2nd place teams in the leaders and legends divisions done to distinguish themselves as decisively better than this?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mods... can someone delete these types of posts or give them a timeout warning? i've said plenty of times that kentucky is terrible and would likely only win 1 or 2 games in the big 10 conference schedule.

:bawling: I'm sorry that I inferred that you were that much of a uberhomer. Now go see your mommy and have her change your diaper.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Texas a&m and Mizzou will never be able to compete in the SEC, either.
Lets look at this:

2012 Texas A&M - Was 3rd in the SEC West last year even with the Heisman Trophy winning QB (and probably best player in their history). In the overall standings they were probably 5th behind Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Florida.

2013 Texas A&M - Is currently 8 -4 which puts them in 7th place in the SEC and it's debatable if Vandy should be in front of them.

So the SEC took a team that was highly expected to make a run at the national championship, had the returning Heisman Trophy winner and beat the living crap out of them and its a miracle they are hanging on to any type of ranking still.

Is that competing?

2012 Missouri - Went 2-6 in the SEC and did not go bowling.

2013 Missouri - Have won the East but it took historical injuries to Georgia and Florida plus the continued historic plunge of Tennessee (that one understands) in order to do it.

Missouri has competed but this has been their best season in the history of the program and if they had just dropped one more game or had to play Georgia when they did not have injuries these comments wouldn't be made.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mods... can someone delete these types of posts or give them a timeout warning? i've said plenty of times that kentucky is terrible and would likely only win 1 or 2 games in the big 10 conference schedule.

Oh calm down. Your team got waxed by an average LSU team and pulled a couple of rabbits out of their butts the last 2 weeks in addition to some other close calls against not so great opponents. MSU lost by 3 at South Bend in a heavily ref-assisted contest and beat everyone else by at least 11, but it's unthinkable that they should be in the conversation if the beat OSU. Your team is in if they win. Just take it easy. Nobody called your mom a bad name.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh calm down. Your team got waxed by an average LSU team and pulled a couple of rabbits out of their butts the last 2 weeks in addition to some other close calls against not so great opponents. MSU lost by 3 at South Bend in a heavily ref-assisted contest and beat everyone else by at least 11, but it's unthinkable that they should be in the conversation if the beat OSU. Your team is in if they win. Just take it easy. Nobody called your mom a bad name.

nah, my team is not in if they win.

and like i said, it isn't unthinkable to have a conversation about a 1 loss Auburn vs a 1 loss Michigan State.

but lol @ 1 ranked win versus 4 ranked wins and a loss to an unranked ND team versus a top 15 LSU team.

auburn is undefeated against the competition that michigan state has faced this year (all unranked) and has 3x as many wins over the top 25 as michigan state and ohio state have combined.

so yeah, i think it's pretty laughable to talk about a 1 loss Mich State team going ahead of a 1 loss Auburn team.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think they would be and who would beat them?

So YOU'RE actually serious? Jesus... None of those teams would beat Ohio State, MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, or Michigan for starters. Hell even a beat up Northwestern or IU would battle. Keep in mind even Mizzou gave up 28 to IU.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So YOU'RE actually serious? Jesus... None of those teams would beat Ohio State, MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, or Michigan for starters. Hell even a beat up Northwestern or IU would battle. Keep in mind even Mizzou gave up 28 to IU.

so did michigan state and all i hear about is how amazing their defense is, even though they haven't played a ranked team yet.