• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MSU Counterpoint

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much difference between LSU and Notre Dame? Are you saying is that if those 2 teams were to play on a neutral field and Vegas set the line as a pick 'em that about even amounts of money would go on both sides. If you believe it, then okay.

And sorry, but even if you think the loss in South Bend was the same as the loss in Baton Rouge, it hardly makes up for the fact that Michigan State has yet to play a ranked team this season and Auburn has played 4.

Go on and prove to me how much better LSU is than ND. My statement was "there isn't much difference" and there really isn't. The difference were the losses. Watch the MSU-ND game and get back to me.

I said, "if you want to go that route," i.e. comparing losses (as it's been brought up before). Sure, Auburn has beat higher ranked opponents but have you watched any Michigan State football this year? Just wondering.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama would still have twice as many wins over ranked teams as Michigan State and their loss would have been a close one to a top 10 team as opposed to a close one against an unranked team.

If Michigan State wins and that series of events makes it a Michigan State vs. Alabama debate, then you can have that debate. I think Alabama still wins that debate. There is a reason Alabama is so far ahead of Michigan State in the computers and they will likely be ahead of them even after a MSU win over tOSU... but if it is a Michigan State vs. Auburn debate, there is no real debate.

Ranked teams who have mostly done nothing except get ranked for being in the sec. A&M has literally beaten nobody andsstays ranked with 4 losses. LSU is a far cry from a great team. MSU beating Ohio State is a way better win than anything Bama has done, period.

And the Note Damevs LSU aargument is totally valid. Notre Dame has beaten several teams as good or better than LSU.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense means a lot. And it'd mean even more if we got to see Michigan State's defense take on a ranked team more than once a season in a conference title game.
Why? If their D is good it does not matter if they play 1 or 19 ranked teams. It is still good.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't remember Saban begging and pleading. I remember him asking the voters to vote for who they thought were the two best teams. Kind of like when a defense lawyer asks a jury to focus on did the defendant commit this actual crime, and not to convict just because you don't like him as a human being for some other valid reasons.

The Auburn AD took it too far. He stuck up for his program like others do and I don't necessarily disagree with his eventual point... but the Unamerican line came off pretty dumb.

Dantonio is free to say he thinks they belong in the discussion, and as I've pretty obviously outlined, the discussion should be quite brief if Michigan State and Auburn both win.

:laugh3:
Because everyone knows YOURS, is the last word!:lol:

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, in 2011 Michigan State beat Michigan, pretty soundly. Michigan State loses in the CCG (fargin floppin punter). Michigan becomes one of the lowest ranked at-large teams ever selected for a BCS bowl game. Michigan State then gets passed up by Nebraska for the Capital One bowl game by Nebraska despite MSU having a better record. Shit is f'd up when you aren't a big name.

That hit on Nortman was malicious. Should've been an ejection. :whistle:

Totally agree with your point by the way, MSU getting passed over like that was a joke. Sucks the system works that way.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? If their D is good it does not matter if they play 1 or 19 ranked teams. It is still good.

quit playing dumb. obviously we would be able to derive more about their defense with games against auburn, alabama, and texas a&m compared to minnesota and purdue.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit on Nortman was malicious. Should've been an ejection. :whistle:

Totally agree with your point by the way, MSU getting passed over like that was a joke. Sucks the system works that way.

msu was passed over because they had played at the capital one bowl the year before too. and 2 of the previous 3.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
Because everyone knows YOURS, is the last word!:lol:

then give a reasonable explanation as to why a 1 loss mich state is more deserving of a 1 loss auburn team. 4 ranked opponents vs 0 ranked opponents. a loss to a top 15 team vs an unranked team.

let's have the discussion bro. let's hear your argument. SOS are worlds apart. lmao at trying to put a 1 loss team that hasn't played a ranked team in the same breath as a 1 loss team in the sec west.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some funny chit right there!

love this quote...

“For sake of argument, let me briefly accept your premise that the Big Ten is awful,” said Meyer. “Fine. We’ve run roughshod over this conference for a good decade. Do you know how hard it is to not get overconfident playing crap teams week after week? Pretty much every game for us is a trap game. But our kids never slip up and lose to these embarrassments. That’s harder than you think. We deserve a lot of credit for that.”

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked teams who have mostly done nothing except get ranked for being in the sec. A&M has literally beaten nobody andsstays ranked with 4 losses. LSU is a far cry from a great team. MSU beating Ohio State is a way better win than anything Bama has done, period.

And the Note Damevs LSU aargument is totally valid. Notre Dame has beaten several teams as good or better than LSU.

a&m has lost 4 games, all to the top 15. all 3 of their losses against the top 5 were within 1 TD. can you seriously not evaluate these teams?

alabama beat lsu, a top 15 team with multiple wins over ranked teams. that's not way better than a top 10 ohio state team that has 1 win over the top 25 (none over the top 20)

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love this quote...

“For sake of argument, let me briefly accept your premise that the Big Ten is awful,” said Meyer. “Fine. We’ve run roughshod over this conference for a good decade. Do you know how hard it is to not get overconfident playing crap teams week after week? Pretty much every game for us is a trap game. But our kids never slip up and lose to these embarrassments. That’s harder than you think. We deserve a lot of credit for that.”
Someone needs to point out to him that Ole Miss and Miss State would most likely be 2nd place in either division if they played in the B1G.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love this quote...

urban meyer should know as well as anyone that a 1 loss sec team is more than capable of embarrasing an undefeated, untested ohio state team

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might take more than 3 years, but eventually will expand to more teams, maybe 8. What will happen is the 5th and 6th place teams will end up having the same record as 3rd and 4th place teams, and there will be bickering over SOS or something else. So they will add another two teams, maybe four.

and that's fine. Once you get much past the top 8 or you don't have anyone with a reasonable claim on the top spot. Who cares whether a couple clearly 2nd tier teams are mad because they're left out of the mix. At least we'll have all of the big dogs actually proving it on the field rather all of this beauty contest arguing about how all the teams we beat and you didn't play are better than all of the teams you beat and we didn't play.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a&m has lost 4 games, all to the top 15. all 3 of their losses against the top 5 were within 1 TD. can you seriously not evaluate these teams?

alabama beat lsu, a top 15 team with multiple wins over ranked teams. that's not way better than a top 10 ohio state team that has 1 win over the top 25 (none over the top 20)

I don't give a shit about the clusterfuck of "ranked" sec teams who are there because they started there and only beat and lose to each other. If you don't see the joke in the fact that the top 1,2,3,and 4 loss teams are all from the sec you need to take the goggles off.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to point out to him that Ole Miss and Miss State would most likely be 2nd place in either division if they played in the B1G.

Exactly. Texas a&m and Mizzou will never be able to compete in the SEC, either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky would win every single game in the Big10 this year 99-0.

-Sakau

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Texas a&m and Mizzou will never be able to compete in the SEC, either.

mizzou went from 27-14 in their last 5 years in the big 12 to 9-7 in their first 2 in the SEC. if that's what you call going from a middling big 12 team to dominating the SEC, then okay.

aTm showed how much better they were in 2012 compared to 2011 based off their results against oklahoma and arkansas. go look up the scores from each of those games from those 2 seasons if you really want to pretend that aTm isn't a better team with manziel and sumlin running the show.

it kinda sucks when sarcasm just blows up in your face, huh?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky would win every single game in the Big10 this year 99-0.

-Sakau

mods... can someone delete these types of posts or give them a timeout warning? i've said plenty of times that kentucky is terrible and would likely only win 1 or 2 games in the big 10 conference schedule.