• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MSNBC: Why Tom Brady Shouldn't be punished

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a telling passage:

It must be added that that Brady gained no evident competitive advantage from the use of the deflated balls in the Patriots' 45-7 win over the Colts. In footnote 73 of the report, the investigators note they were not asked to investigate or evaluate the competitive impact of the deflated balls. They nevertheless add that, in the first half, when the balls were under-inflated, Brady completed barely half of his passes (11/21) for one touchdown. In the second half, when the balls were re-inflated, Brady completed over 85 percent of his passes (12/14) for two touchdowns.

If there is no competitive advantage, is it still cheating? Maybe beating the Colts is just so easy that Brady wanted to try it with a handicap?

A one game sample is pretty pathetic to try and use as your example. WE have no clue how long they had been doing the deflating. I mean think about the Ravens game and how one throw could have been the difference. Throw in then the stats that show in 2007 when the Patriots were allowed to start getting the balls to their specifications fumbled dropped by half. Now you can say BB takes players out that fumble but what then was he doing before 2007? Wasn't he doing that before 2007 as well? So again your one game sample only holds up if that is the only time that they thought to do something like this. Throw in even if I could get an A on a test by my own ability yet I decide to cheat and get an A isn't that still considered cheating. EVen if I could have done well on my own cheating is still cheating.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From this text you know that he knows something was going on.

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you
must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

This equipment guy needs to be fired. He couldn't handle the simple task of filling them to the minimum.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one game sample is pretty pathetic to try and use as your example. WE have no clue how long they had been doing the deflating. I mean think about the Ravens game and how one throw could have been the difference. Throw in then the stats that show in 2007 when the Patriots were allowed to start getting the balls to their specifications fumbled dropped by half. Now you can say BB takes players out that fumble but what then was he doing before 2007? Wasn't he doing that before 2007 as well? So again your one game sample only holds up if that is the only time that they thought to do something like this. Throw in even if I could get an A on a test by my own ability yet I decide to cheat and get an A isn't that still considered cheating. EVen if I could have done well on my own cheating is still cheating.

I don't believe anyone is talking about this going back to 2007. If so, there must be tons of former ballboys and teammates would/could tell us what was going on. Also, is it only possible to do this for a home game, or was it potentially possible on the road, too?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe anyone is talking about this going back to 2007. If so, there must be tons of former ballboys and teammates would/could tell us what was going on. Also, is it only possible to do this for a home game, or was it potentially possible on the road, too?

Well each team brings their own balls on the road so yeah definitely possible to do this on the road. Throw in these two guys are the main guys who have handled the balls for Brady and have been with the Patriots for years. This is different than just a bat boy in a baseball game in these are guys that are hired full time by the Patriots.

Now as for this being an isolated incident well pretty sure the Colts were tipped off by the Ravens from the week before so my guess is the Patriots didn't just decide all of a sudden in the 2015 Playoffs "Hey we should start cheating."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in McNally was actually warned back in 2004 by the NFL for using footballs that were not league approved. He was caught tampering with them back then and got a slap on the wrist so shouldn't act like this is the first strike even for this specific incident.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Wells Report did say they did not think this was an isolated incident and that some of the texts they were going off of about being the "Deflator" went clear back to 2013 so at least for the last 2 seasons this has been an issue if you consider the 2004 incident an isolated ordeal.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't matter anyway. Didn't give them any real edge. No one would give up their texts either. Every team cheats.. here's a web site to show it.

Lots and lots of excuses. None have been working and yet by God the faithful are going to cling on to every one of them until the hammer falls.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't matter anyway. Didn't give them any real edge. No one would give up their texts either. Every team cheats.. here's a web site to show it.

Lots and lots of excuses. None have been working and yet by God the faithful are going to cling on to every one of them until the hammer falls.

I agree. Every team "bends" rules to get a competitive advantage. Some teams are just better at it than others.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Honestly the letting out of the air thing is minimal in my opinion. Some could show the correlation to that of fumbles in the Patriots after the changing of the balls fumbled half as much as before but beyond that that part is very small. It is the possible lying, the smug attitude since getting caught, and the then not cooperating during the investigation making it seem like something is there. He just hasn't done much to help himself in all of this. I would have had no problem if he came out and said "yes I tried to get a little bit of an edge and I apologize for my behavior." Then the NFL fines him and the team a little bit of money and we all move on. His actions though have helped add fuel to the fire.

Well...the gauntlet came down heavy...but we agree that TB brought the severity on himself, and the Patriot

That said...the media angle about him staining his legacy...it's true in some small ways, but he's never really been that pristine imagine guy anyway. As a NFL QB...he's still going to be and should be in the conversation of GOAT imo.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this defaltegate stuff, I only remember Rock from the politics forum, where I was inclined to agree with him more times than not.....after hearing him spin this Brady nonsense, I'm going to stop doing that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this defaltegate stuff, I only remember Rock from the politics forum, where I was inclined to agree with him more times than not.....after hearing him spin this Brady nonsense, I'm going to stop doing that.
LOL

"rock likes the patriots and is defending them,so my politics now clash with his"

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or, you're extremely naive.
No. I've heard this nonsense before from the Pats faithful. Spygate comes to mind... "Everyone films other teams' practices. The Patriots are just the ones who got caught." Remember that?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......I'm sure an arbitrator will sort this all out and cut the fines/punishment down,.........BRADY/pats are NOT going down without a Fkkn fight.....!

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSNBC has never had an ounce of credibility in their worthless existence. Why would the day they decided to jump into talking about sports be any different?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so
No. I've heard this nonsense before from the Pats faithful. Spygate comes to mind... "Everyone films other teams' practices. The Patriots are just the ones who got caught." Remember that?
so...you're naive?

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if "everyone else is doing it" which by the way I do not believe, it's still doesn't justify

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSNBC has never had an ounce of credibility in their worthless existence. Why would the day they decided to jump into talking about sports be any different?
they are trying to win the boston market !!!!