• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs. O's August 10-12

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand criticism of Zunino, but he's not the reason we're out of any race.

If the priority is to make the wild card race or playoffs, there are about a dozen more pressing issues to address.

I'm all for looking for a new everyday catcher, but catcher is the most important position on any MLB team defensively. Please stop with the ignorant statements.

If we get another catcher, the priority would be for one with equal/nearly equal defense, and better offense. The pickings for that are slim on the FA market and for trades, but a competent GM could do it.

I don't think he's the reason we're out of the race. I think we're ruining the guy. He's a great backstop but he isn't going to cut it with that bat of his. He needed to be developed but we just sent him up like we did so many other guys because the acquisitions we made sucked. He needs to be sent down for his own good because he has potential.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to apologize to Kuma for being vocal about how he was done, I was very very wrong.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to apologize to Kuma for being vocal about how he was done, I was very very wrong.

This team is famous for players stepping up with great performances or stretchs when they're out of contention in aug/sept....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is famous for players stepping up with great performances or stretchs when they're out of contention in aug/sept....

Bucky Jacobson!!!!!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, kudos to Kuma! When I heard yesterday that he was on the verge of a no-hitter yesterday, I was stunned. We didn't have a TV on the game all day where I was, so of course, it had to be seen to be believed, and we tuned in to the last inning just in time to see him cap it.

What a way to finish the series, ah? Enjoy these series wins while we're able to get 'em, 'cause we never know when things will be back to normal further down the road.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still could be right. I still think he should be bottom of the rotation starter and I prefer he not be on the team next season because I think there are better options. I still don't think Kuma will be very good next season or even the remainder of this one. Yeah he is still good enough to have good and decent starts but it is my belief he will have an equal amount of bad to terrible starts plus some DL time mixed in. Just because he threw a no hitter doesn't mean he is un-hittable now.

I like Kuma and it was great to see him throw a no hitter but I realize that it is only one start.